Author Topic: Another price hike on action figures so soon!?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
Another price hike on action figures so soon!?
« on: May 22, 2014, 08:35:42 PM »
Just got back from Target and the Star Wars 3 3/4 figures have gone up to $11.99  .  This is freaking ridiculous in my opinion, they just finished doubling the cost now they are at it again.  Looks like my days of collecting 3 3/4 will soon to come to end with the exception of getting them for trade bait.  Gonna have to be more selective with my Star Wars purchases from here on out.  That medicom 6 inch line looks great, if the price point isnt to bad I may just end up with that one only.  How is it where you guys are at?  Did you get the price hikes already?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Another price hike on action figures so soon!?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 03:02:00 AM »
Higher prices got me out of one of each. I am very selective now. I am  hoping the six inchers don't go up.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 04:24:16 PM »
Perhaps the 6 inch medicom figures will help keep the price low?  If they go up and medicom is comparable...I wouldnt be surprised to see people to buy the medicom figures instead.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 07:12:29 AM »
Perhaps the 6 inch medicom figures will help keep the price low?  If they go up and medicom is comparable...I wouldnt be surprised to see people to buy the medicom figures instead.

I agree. Their new Vader is really looking good to me. I also think they will be smart and add good figures. I mean why should it have taken so long for Hasbro to do a six inch Vader. It should have been in the first wave of offerings!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »
I've heard unconfirmed rumors the DC Multiverse 3 & 3/4 line is going to be $15 each.  The Injustice line worked out to about $12 each ($25 per two pack) and that was pushing it IMO and those are Specialty stores only (where you expect to pay more).  This has gotten out of hand all around and they are just hurting themselves at this point.  Quality is going down and the price isn't justifying the purchase.  I'm so selective anymore I might get one SW fig per wave (maybe) but the waves haven't been too exciting in the past year too (I do bend if I find some great deals like I did find Biggs for $2 because the bubble was taped LOL).

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.