Author Topic: Black 6" Wave 4  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Black 6" Wave 4
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:42:33 AM »
Well they are waiting on Chewbacca, but I can't fault their already released pack ins for the carry forwards for this wave:

Star Wars Black Series 6-Inch Action Figures Wave 4 Case

The Star Wars Black Series 6-Inch Action Figures Wave 4 Case is here!

• It's your chance to get Anakin, a Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, and a Clone Trooper as exquisitely detailed action figures!
• Each includes awesome accessories, holsters, and thrilling features!

Add some awesome to your collection! Bring the next big thing in Star Wars home with the Star Wars Black Series 6-Inch Action Figures Wave 4 Case. These out-of-this-world 6-inch figures were developed in conjunction with Lucasfilm, Hasbro, and Gentle Giant to bring you the highest level of detail and authenticity at a price that can't be beat. Each includes awesome accessories, holsters, and thrilling features. Collect them all, and start your collection right here! Ages 8 and up.

This Wave 4 case includes 4 individually packaged action figures (subject to change):

1x Boba Fett (Empire Strikes Back)
 1x Anakin Skywalker (Revenge of the Sith)
 1x Stormtrooper
 1x Clone Trooper (Attack of the Clones)
 (subject to change)

I don't look for these to last long so get your order in!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Black 6" Wave 4
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:22:54 AM »
I'm on the fence about this one. Sure, another fett and stormie would be cool as would one of the clones but an Annie, it certainly feel like I am burnt out from the constant Annie and Obi prequel releases from the past. I'm disappointed by yet another debacle over the Chewie issue. If it had to be another prequel figure, why not a jango to really cause some excitement.
Imagine, Shawn, if we were in charge of such decisions, were the hype over the lines could be.

If the industry is more geared for online distribution these days, why not put a new bounty hunter in each new wave until we run out of em to ensure case sales, regardless of whatever other bantha fodder they put in em, were it decreed that fodder needed to exist in said cases in the first place?

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »
While I'm excited to finally get a chance to scoop up a Boba Fett and Stormie, gotta agree with Clonehead why do they keep force feeding us Anakin and Kenobi and Clone troopers?  Those things have been done to death.  I'm sure Hasbro has gotten hit in the wallet by retailers, they simply don't buy or stock as much as they used to.  I mean, why should they if the figures don't sell enough.  I'm sure Walmart got tired of putting them on clearance.

Oh almost forgot to ask my question.....has amazon stopped carrying the Black Series?  I don't see any preorders up.  I like ordering from them and earning points on my Visa card.  Two birds with one stone.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:07:11 PM by dax415 »

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 03:46:46 AM »
Dorksidetoys had the Stormtrooper available again, this time for single pre-order. Quickly logged on and ordered one (which was the limit per customer, otherwise I'd have ordere a whole squad  ;D) But I'm glad I've got one heading my way in the near future! I know he's cheaper when purchased as part of a wave, but I have zero interest in the other figures and don't want to go through all the trouble of trying to resell those.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 03:39:01 AM »
Well I think its brilliant to release the Clonetrooper as it is the first time this has been done in the six inch line, I would have loved to have seen them give you a Phase II helmet pack in too kinda like the extra head with Anakin. On that one I do agree I can't see how they decided a prequel Obi and Anakin would be better than some of the other characters.

I also agree with Clint that with the increased cost of the six inch series I had hoped perhaps carry forwards would be little if any, but we have to be encouraged that the pack ins for this wave are some of the harder to find figures in the form of Boba and the Stormtrooper.

Dax415, try this link:

Amazon.com Black Series Link

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »
Bummer it doesn't show any preorders .....sadness  :-[

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 02:44:31 AM »
Bummer it doesn't show any preorders .....sadness  :-[

They will get em listed soon I am sure. I have never know Amazon not to get those up there.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 02:11:38 PM »

First (I think) review of the 6" Clone Trooper. This one's clearly suffering from USDB syndrome  ::) The reviewer admits not being too scholared in Clone Trooper outfits, but still.... Besides USDB syndrome, the flash on the helmet fin is pretty sloppy. Paint apps seem okay though.

I know I mentioned having no interest in anything of this wave but the ST, but the Clone Trooper has grown on me. So much, that I got a bad case of impatience and ordered a pair from a Hong Kong eBay seller  ;D

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 02:39:39 PM »
Received my pair of Clone Troopers today. Let's just say I'm not overwhelmed at first glance....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
Range of movement looks good. Maybe kinda beefy? What don't you like. I am really enjoying your reviews. Care to write another one?