Author Topic: Black 6" Waves II & III.  (Read 7069 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
Re: Black 6" Waves II & III.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 11:27:43 AM »
Wow, I am seriously man crushing on that Stormtrooper right now. Thanks for the great images Rune. I do believe those came from Rebelscum.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 01:20:19 PM »
definitely like that storm trooper

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 01:25:10 PM »
That Stormtrooper is the dog bullocks! Luke is not that great though.

Spookymufu

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 02:11:59 PM »
theres quite a discussion going on at RS over this new stormtrooper.........the helmet isnt "right" and it seems they didnt use the better sandtrooper helmet sculpted for some reason

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 03:45:44 AM »
theres quite a discussion going on at RS over this new stormtrooper.........the helmet isnt "right" and it seems they didnt use the better sandtrooper helmet sculpted for some reason

funnily enough i was just about to post about the helmet then i scrolled down and saw your comment Spooky ,yeah the helmet doesn't look right the top of the helmet is too "domed" and the lower jaw area just looks ...odd ,it almost looks like they took too much influence from a Mcquarrie painting rather than using nothing but the movie reference.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 06:34:32 AM »
We got to talking a bit about this helmet on CAFN last night. Chad reminded us that the white line wasn't there between the eyes and the black strip above then. And yes, why wouldn't they just use the Sandy helmet that everyone seemed to like. Geesh!

Spookymufu

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »
with some closer pics of the new helmet it looks as tho they were trying to sculpt the hero helmets with the 3 teeth and low brow but the tubes are flared too much and seem to be too long

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »
I am sorry I still like it even with those imperfections. I looked through a gallery of Stormy Images today and have to admit I saw quite a few buckets without the white lines between the eye lenses the the black stripe on top. I will have to check on the mouth though. I know we deserve top quality for a twenty dollar action figure. I am gonna try to forward this question to Remco and perhaps he can ask Derryl or one of the design team about it.

Spookymufu

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 01:53:11 PM »
Tamer, the hero helmets had the brow down to the eyes, the stunts had the brow higher up, of course there are other differences between the two helmets but Im just explaining about the brows....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
Tamer, the hero helmets had the brow down to the eyes, the stunts had the brow higher up, of course there are other differences between the two helmets but Im just explaining about the brows....

Spooky I consider you a Stormy expert, do you like that new Black six inch helmet? I would love to hear your take on it before we talk about it tonight.

Spookymufu

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 04:32:19 PM »

Spooky I consider you a Stormy expert, do you like that new Black six inch helmet? I would love to hear your take on it before we talk about it tonight.

I wouldnt say expert, I still dont know the differences in the various stormtrooper armor from ANH, ESB, or Jedi. But after looking for 1:1 scale helmets I have learned a few things.

with some closer pics of the new helmet it looks as tho they were trying to sculpt the hero helmets with the 3 teeth and low brow but the tubes are flared too much at the mic tips and they seem to be too long or droopy and the crown is too rounded and should be a little flatter, but not as flat as the old FX helmets. I like the Sandtrooper helmet much more, its still not accurate but it's more accurate then the newer sculpt. I do like how they got other details right tho between the sandi and the stormi like the correct paint apps to the correct knee plates for each one and the ab plates are correct (from what I can tell from the stormi pics)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
Great points Spooky. So bottom line you gonna buy it?

Spookymufu

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 09:49:37 AM »
Im sure I will, I'm a sucker for Imperials

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 10:34:28 AM »

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:41:02 AM by Rune Haako »