Author Topic: Phatty's Custom Figures  (Read 8745 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Phatty's Custom Figures
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 08:45:28 AM »
Devin, you've DEFINITELY got some good points there!  For some odd reason, I like flash colors, and my first few "customs," being nothing but repaints, show a weird mix of colors.  I don't take offense to your remarks, as they are valid!  I also would get bored between paydays and use whatever parts I had left and mix and match and paint, thus that last photo!  Fact is, I have a wild imagination, but my skills are definitely lacking in certain areas, but it's very relaxing to do, so that's why I do it! LOL!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2009, 03:04:58 PM »
man I think I have an old figure laying around somewhere that i've painted two or three times just because I was bored and had nothing else to work on.  It has some strange paint combos on it too.  It is very relaxing.

I feel like if I don't let out my creativity out it gets bottled up and I get frustrated, lol.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 02:10:40 PM »
Here is a shot of my latest work.  I'm putting together a rather large project, complete with custom vehicle and base/diorama.  There are 5 more active members of this squad who were absent for the Team Photo shoot, and most are still missing their heads as of yet!  Presenting, the 8th ISY Security Special Forces...

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 02:20:08 PM »
lookin good phatty and thank you so much for my parcel mate
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 02:24:23 PM »
No thanks need be said buddy, glad it could be done!  Now crank out more customs!

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 02:35:38 PM »
Yeah, some of them are a little bright.  A few of them put Hasbro's Marvel colored figures like the Rebel trooper to shame.  ;D   But all of the paint work looks really good no matter how strange the colors are, plus you've got a couple REALLY neat part combinations that make me wish I had all the base parts to rip them off.  Aaaand some of them look really bad ass, like this gray wrapped awesomeness.  Yeah, he's perfectly colored and very VERY Sith-y.

First customs, maybe, but they're also really unique and I give kudos for that.

P.S.  some of the bright skinned individuals like the magenta tinted Mace Windu and the lavender faced Leia are PERFECT for Zeltrons just as they are.  That species of near-humans actually values diverse, random,  colors among its people AND obnoxiously bright clothing!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 02:43:00 PM by night force cynic »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »
Funny enough, NFC, that custom you like so much is seriously a slew of extra parts I couldn't match up elsewhere, with masking tape used to create the wrappings, some black cross stitch thread for "hair," and paint!

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »
Funny enough, NFC, that custom you like so much is seriously a slew of extra parts I couldn't match up elsewhere, with masking tape used to create the wrappings, some black cross stitch thread for "hair," and paint!
really??

hmm, never would have guess. 

kick ass

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »
LOL!  Yeah, that's why he's wrapped head to toe in it!  I think there are some boots that were cut off someone else, parts of Bossk's legs, a sand person's arms, and I think Sandperson head, too. Can't remember who's torso it was!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 03:47:12 PM »
I think I know where these new clones are going..... ;)  great looking start.

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 06:21:52 PM »
Do any of the customs have names or bios?

I'm looking forward to seeing where blue Needa and the blue troopers project is going, especially since they're just a slice of that custom pie.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 07:04:33 PM »
No names or bios just yet.  I need to finish each of them to give them an identity!  I'm excited to get my array of heads in from Clint, since they're a surprise, and then I'll have a better idea on that.

I started my custom ship in response to Spudafett's Military Ground Vehicle contest. From there, I decided it needed a fleet of troopers as well.  Then I saw Jules amazing work on that Vintage Imperial Hoth Base, and found it and Yoda's House on Ebay for $0.99, so I snatched them up and my desire to create a large display was born!

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »
I love where you goin with the troopers and that officer. Nice color choice.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »
oooooo...a squad, a dio and a vehicle, my favourite recipe! I'm looing forward to this one!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 03:01:33 AM »
No names or bios just yet.  I need to finish each of them to give them an identity!  I'm excited to get my array of heads in from Clint, since they're a surprise, and then I'll have a better idea on that.

I started my custom ship in response to Spudafett's Military Ground Vehicle contest. From there, I decided it needed a fleet of troopers as well.  Then I saw Jules amazing work on that Vintage Imperial Hoth Base, and found it and Yoda's House on Ebay for $0.99, so I snatched them up and my desire to create a large display was born!
I'm working on em, boss. I will get up some pics today.