Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109576 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2014, 07:05:32 AM »
Wow, love that whole Godzilla concept thing. Matter of fact I went to sleep last night watching Godzilla vs. Mothra. Keep it coming DS!

Back to the front page.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2014, 10:34:06 PM »
Thanks all!

Got a few more. Continuing the MARVEL story line, while Han and the Star Hoppers were battling a Behemoth Luke Skywalker had his own problems. He and the droids had crash landed on a planet called Drexel and found themselves at the mercy of Dragon Lords and Ship dwelling scavengers on this world covered entirely in water...

Dragon Lord and Sea-Dragon

Governor Quarg and Luke Skywalker

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2014, 04:05:02 AM »
Wow, I like these too. Time to go share.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2014, 12:00:18 PM »
Always loved the Drexel Water World story line. By the way, again MARVEL shows us a water planet before any movie cannon developed. I also believe that Governor Quarg is a homage to Charles Laughton's portrayal of Captain Kidd.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #259 on: June 09, 2014, 08:29:49 AM »
More MARVEL.

Again following the order of the issues we get our first look at a Star Wars bounty hunter. Yeah, I know, Greedo was officially the first but when this was put out no one was calling him a hunter... he was largely considered just one of Jabba's goons nothing more. So before Bossk, Dengar, IG-88, 4-LOM, Zuckass and even Boba Fett there was Valance and his team of scumbags. The creators of Valance found inspiration in the John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart western "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". They borrowed the idea of the tough guy character portrayed by Lee Marvin and even named the Hunter after Marvin's character. When I did this "poor-man's custom" I decided to give Valance the face of his born inspiration. Here he is with a few of his hench men....

Valance The Hunter

Slssk

And the last two in Valance's gang, Dafi and Fudd are named for the WB characters Daffi Duck and Elmer Fudd. At the time these characters were hot on the heels of Jaxxon and the Star Hoppers and since Jaxxon was inspired by Bugs Bunny what two better to chase him around the galaxy than these guys!

Dafi

Fudd

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2014, 11:54:26 AM »
That is so cool seeing Lee Marvin as a Star Wars Action Figure. FTW! Off to share.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #261 on: June 10, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »
Thanks Tamer.

Issue 17 was a flash-back story. Luke monitors the controls on the Millennium Falcon and while alone in the cockpit he begins to think about his life on Tatooine and his old friends there. This issue explores some of the most mysterious characters in ANH, Luke's friends Biggs, Camie and Fixer. At that time very few knew of this deleted scene and had only known the Biggs character from Luke's mention and the brief scenes from the Death Star Battle.

As a side note the nicely repainted Land Speeder with Camie and Fixer is an image borrowed from Yarder R1bb1t who graciously let me use it at the time. I also did these before the actual Camie and Fixer comic pack was out

Luke Skywalker

Biggs Darklighter

Fixer and Camie

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #262 on: June 11, 2014, 11:44:57 AM »
Nice. Sure would have liked to have seen some of these come out. Off to share!

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #263 on: June 11, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »
I always wished that Camie hadn't had her scenes cut. Koo Stark is so beautiful!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2014, 04:09:06 PM »
Right off the top I gotta thank Tamer. I just watched CAFN and saw that you gave me a mention! Thank you Tamer.

Wow! About 4 days ago I noticed my banner was missing. So I looked back on my threads and all of my images from further back were gone too. My previous image hosting site went pay and I was in the process of moving everything to another and somewhere in there they shut it down. Well I just got finished re-posting those images on this thread but I haven't hit my custom figure thread or any threads off site. Guess I'll be busy.

Oh and Happy Fathers Day!

A quick one...

MARVEL comics issues 18 - 23 begins a new story and finds everyone on board the Falcon. Luke is seen doing some Jedi training in this issue and he suddenly falls into a coma like state forcing Han and Leia to quickly try to find medical help. In doing so they run into an Imperial cruiser commanded by Commander Strom who pursues them to a gambling facility called THE WHEEL. (This is in fact the first time since the end of Marvels adaptation of ANH that Imperials are seen.)

THE WHEEL is run by a fella named Simon Greyshade. Greyshade's right hand man is a droid called Master-Com. Master-Com was actually several droids that were patched into The Wheel's main computer. Master-Com was able to control all aspects of The Wheel; the games, security and even life support. If one Master-Com is disabled another would be deployed in it's place. (Simon Greyshade has been mentioned in some publications as Senator Greyshade and the owner of the speeder that Anakin Skywalker borrowed to pursue Zam Wessel in AOTC. The Wheel it's self transcends Marvel comics. It's been seen and referred to in several other non-Marvel stories.)

Our heroes split up to avoid capture and Chewbacca is captured by Wheel security and brought to be an unwilling participant in a Gladiatorial match called The Big Game. Unfortunately his pal Han Solo is also entered into the game and the two will have to meet in combat to the death.

A few more firsts in this set of issues ( again this is all way before TESB came out) issue #18 is called "The Empire Strikes". An alien called a Mandallian Giant was introduced in issue # 19 and has since been seen in other non-Marvel publications.  Darth Vader makes his first appearance since the ANH adaptation in isuue# 21. Luke's coma is caused by a telepathic link with another. very powerful Force user... Darth Vader. (way before we knew of their connection)      

Commander Strom

Senator Simon Greyshade

Master-Com

Mandallian Giant Bouncer and The Wheel Security Officer

Gladiator Persistant

Gladiator Ace

Gladiator Big Bruiser

Gladiator Living Windmill

Gladiator Tyluun Night Soarer

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2014, 02:33:35 PM »
Right off the top I gotta thank Tamer. I just watched CAFN and saw that you gave me a mention! Thank you Tamer.

You are quite welcome. We are all really enjoying these. I really need to pick up some of those old Marvel Comics. Let me know when you reach the end of what you have already shown and started up new mock ups! Back to the front page.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2014, 04:59:22 PM »
It'll be a while before I run out of these old ones, but I'll let you know Tamer.

Star Wars issue #24 was a stand alone story and the first of it's kind. It told a story about Obi-Wan Kenobi during the Clone Wars. This was a Prequel story before the Prequels and as far as I know the very first.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars issue #25 Luke and Leia find themselves back on Yavin where they discover a mining facility that is a front for the Empire.

Luke Skywalker

Star Wars issue #28 Gives us our first look at Jabba the Hutt thanks to a case of mistaken identity reported in FAMOUS MONSTERS magazine. The Magazine showed a photo of Mosep with the caption labeling him as Jabba. I still have that Mag. Wookipiedia has since corrected the error by explaining that Mosep was simply posing as Jabba.

Jabba The Hutt

And in issue #30 Princess Leia finds herself in peril on an undercover mission to Metalorn.

Princess Leia in Metalorn Disguise

That's it for now, more soon!

Offline the vetrinarian

• Cadet
« Reply #267 on: June 21, 2014, 07:00:46 AM »
Can't wait to see how you do the Tagges and that Blue monster in "The Crimson Forever". The Force is strong in you!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #268 on: June 23, 2014, 07:22:40 PM »
Thanks bud. I have done the Tagge family and they'll be next I think but I never did the Temple Guardian. Maybe I can put this on a to-do list. I haven't done one of these in a long time.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2014, 12:30:05 PM »
Very nice. You keep posting em and I will keep front paging them.

:D