Author Topic: My Star Wars  (Read 12983 times)

Offline rastanz

• Darth Wannawanga
  • Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: My Star Wars
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2019, 05:00:08 PM »
What can I say? I like the thought of finding such quality headsculpts on your travel! You must've gotten around quite a bit recently! My guess: Japan?

I would love to visit Japan and nerd out, Japan is still on my bucket list ;D
My work had me spend 5 weeks in USA and 5 weeks in Australia with an overnight stay in Bali (been home 5 days)... the headsculpts had been ordered from an eBay seller in the USA during my time in Australia, I had them shipped to a friends address in the USA who then bought the sculpts along with her to Australia on her planned holiday, we just met up with each other whilst there in Aussie where she handed over the headsculpts to me as we hung out during my downtime.

The bases and stands were from an Australian eBay seller, I had those shipped to my nephews address in Australia and grabbed them from him once we met up in WA Perth.

No need to say it's good to see you back! When it comes to collecting action figures there is no higher level of those 1/6 scale masterpieces! (and I say that as a passionate 3.75" nerfherder)

I try to acknowledge the community for you are the reason I post because we all share the same passion for collecting, and hopefully sharing my tips and ideas on modifications and builds will help fellow kitbashers, plus I enjoy collecting action figures in most sizes, 3inch, 1/10, 1/6 depending on shelf space.
I have fellow nerdy friends whom I rarely see (maybe once or twice a year) that gift me small Star Wars figurines when ever we catch up, I've actually place most of those figures along the top of my TV  ;D

Photo taken 2018...

Your work is most fantastic! Thank you so much for coming back with this massive update!
I'm going to share this with a friend of mine up in the North of Germany if I may.

Your collection is one full of unique treasures for sure!

- Philipp

Thank you Phillipp for your kind words, I don't mind at all if you want to share my post with your friend up in the North of Germany, I hope it will be helpful to them.

Thanks for looking.
Tere

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 05:49:48 AM »
Wow, they really turned out great. I really like that Bespin Head. Off to share your updates. Thanks for showing us how you did everything too.

Offline rastanz

• Darth Wannawanga
  • Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 02:03:20 PM »
Wow, they really turned out great. I really like that Bespin Head. Off to share your updates. Thanks for showing us how you did everything too.

Thank you, yes that Bespin head is quite detailed and my favourite Luke head to date, these mods are becoming easier each time I do them  :)

There's one little difference on Vader if you noticed it, it is the Vader shoulder pads.
The armour I am using is the ANH version with silver shoulder pads, the TESB shoulder pads are suppose to be black, I like the all silver look of the armour so I left it as is, I may paint them further down the line but for now I'm happy with them being silver.

Cheers
Tere

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2019, 10:25:07 AM »
Vader looks very nice. Sideshow 1/6 Vader (neither version) were too accurate, but your work made this much much better
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline rastanz

• Darth Wannawanga
  • Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2019, 02:01:19 AM »
Minor update of my TESB Vader.

The Hot Toys cape consists of a double layer fabric which is ideal for my little experiment of adding a wire to it for some dynamic poses.

I wanted to attempt this with minimum effort and without modifying the cape or cutting any stitching.

Forgot to document with photo's so I'll try to explain the procedure the best I can.

I poked a tiny hole through the inside fabric just below the chain where it's sewn into the cape's neck band then slowly started feeding the wire along the seams hard against the inside edge being careful not to snag it on the cloth.

Be sure to feed extra wire so you'll have about 5 inches sticking out at both ends, you'll need it to finish off the wire wrap.

Once I fed enough wire through, I then bent it to the shape of the entire cape and wrapped both wire ends (the extra 5 inches) around the neck plug 3 or 4 times for stability, the wire loops are hidden inside the neck of his headsculpt out of sight.

I didn't use tape or thread so the wire is sitting loosely inside the cape, I was thinking of sewing a few anchors here and there to aid in keeping the wire in position along the edges but it seems to work okay how it is, plus I didn't want any weird looking or unwanted creases popping up along it's edge when posing the cape.

Here is Vader with his wired cape all completed and posed.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 04:08:59 AM »
That sure turned out nice. Thanks for sharing your process. What is that wire you used?

Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2019, 02:04:59 AM »
Excellent work mate.

Ron

Offline rastanz

• Darth Wannawanga
  • Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2019, 03:04:55 AM »
That sure turned out nice. Thanks for sharing your process. What is that wire you used?

Off to the front pages.

Thank you.

It is 15 gauge Multi-colored Aluminum Craft Wire that I bought off of Amazon, it seems like just the right thickness to hold the weight of the material.

Offline rastanz

• Darth Wannawanga
  • Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2019, 03:05:42 AM »
Excellent work mate.

Ron

Thanks mate.

Offline rastanz

• Darth Wannawanga
  • Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2022, 12:50:13 AM »
Hope you all are having a very Happy Christmas!!!

I haven't posted for ages as I've had a few life changing events happen over the past 2 years during the pandemic which halted my hobby... anyway... a couple of new kits, statues added to my Star Wars collection. Apologies if I've already posted some of these in another thread (can't remember).

I don't play the game but I thought it would be a cool addition to my Star Wars stash! Not sure of the scale but she's 24.9/16 inches tip to tip in length by 8.1/4 inches in width at it's widest points.

1/72 Revell Razor Crest, this one has the cargo hold details, I think Round 2 released a 1/72 Razor Crest too but minus the cargo hold details however, the outer plating details are sharper than the Revell kit.

MPC Hoth Base Diorama kit, I bought this cheap on a local auction mainly for the Rebel Transport ship of which I plan on detailing.

1/1 Boba Fett prototype helmet, this was on sale real cheap so I snatched it up, I may or may not paint it.

1/6 scale Obi-wan Kenobi figure, bought this on a local auction for dirt cheap, the head sculpt looks real good for a Sideshow Collectible figure.

Cheers!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2022, 01:02:31 PM »
Hey man, it's good to see you back and I hope things are going well for you! Love your collection and you got some really neat additions, lately!
That ARMADA Super Star Destroyer is a very detailed model. If you look it up on Wookieepedia and measure the size of the model, you can easily figure out the scale with a calculator. That's what I'm currently doing with each n every angle of the Rebel Troop Carrier.

Revell's Razor Crest was a great choice, too! I have to look up that MPC Hoth Base. Looks so nostalgic and awesome!

And I'm glad that you got a good deal on the Prototype Boba Fett helmet. Those Black Series helmets are a new gold mine for Hasbro for sure.
Congrats to that Sideshow Obi-Wan! One of Star Wars' finest.
Thanks for sharing! It's always nice to celebrate our collections together.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2022, 12:15:07 PM »
Nice to see you back around. Man some nice additions too.