Author Topic: Screaming Samurai Studio Modeler's Bench  (Read 21662 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Screaming Samurai Studio Modeler's Bench
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 01:38:21 PM »
Always great to see WIP pics mate, this is going to be and awesome dio once its complete.

Ron
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 03:53:50 PM by hemble »

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 06:13:41 AM »
Hey there,
Well, I managed to get the top of the hull done. I still have to start the lighting..(That is still the last thing I'm looking forward to in this build). But I am glad I was able to match the paint from the cut away piece that I painted a couple of months ago. There is a bit of a mismatch in the base coat of white..but I don't think it's too noticeable, but the big difference will probably be on the bottom of the hull where I sprayed it a little too heavy with white.
  I'm glad y'all liked the German Hortens as Naboo fighters. I thought those screamed for a sci-fi conversion once I saw them on the shelf.
Again, thanks to all who have stopped by to take a look at what I've been working on..I know this breaks the norm on this forum since it's not a Hasbro re-paint, but thanks again as always.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 06:23:04 AM »
D'oh!
   I forgot to add these as well..Just a start on the landing gear wells. I'm adding a few rubber hoses to the wells to simulate the hydraulic cables seen in Empire Strikes Back.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
I have one more pic for tonight.
   For those that are curious about what I'm using... AK Interactive has a pretty good line of weathering solutions and dry pigments. As I stated in my video, I start off with a dip into the engine grime and a little of the black pigment powder. I use the rust very sparingly and only on small random areas of the surface. Hope this helps anyone who is interested and will have more later in the week.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Always great to see your WIP pics mate and your paint apps are truely amazing.

Ron

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »
Hey Ron,
  Thanks as always. I know you can do ten times better than what I do so it's always awesome whenever you stop by to check out my stuff.

Well, anyway
  I don't have much but I have started work on a couple of the modifications I made to the old kit. The following link is a spanish site, but he offers everyone a copy of his templates used to add his modifications to his own build. Also included is the pattern to scratch build the engine grill, which I also plan to use for this as well.

http://www.loresdelsith.net/fondor/falcon/index.htm

I used his template to cut a 3mil styrene sheet into the shapes I needed and simply glued them along the rim of the escape pod module thingies on the Falcon.

With this pattern, it really made the job easy. Trust me, when it comes to models, I'm much better at painting than building.

After about an hour I had one completed, and using 3 mil styrene sheet is easy as paper to cut. While I was at it, I went ahead and scribed a couple of lines on the cockpit piece of the model.

I have a couple more to share as well..I finally got the Tuskegee Mustang up on it's base.

As always, thanks for simply stopping by to take a look at what I'm working on. Y'all take it easy, I wish everyone a Happy Holiday.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
Thanks for sharing that site.  Adding that detail-work makes the pieces look great!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 04:06:18 AM »
Wow, great update and thanks for the link to the template. On the front page.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011, 03:56:39 PM »
Brillant update and the detailing work is amazing to say the least. I also love the mustang and as usual your paint apps are outstanding.

Ron

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 04:37:46 PM »
Greetings, Shipyarders

It certainly has been awhile since I've posted to this thread. Between the birth of our son and work, I just didn't have any time to get anything done on this project.

Although recently, I have hit a low road personally, this has given me the time and the opportunity to finish this off. Working on finishing this off has given me the escape I needed to get through some personal issues I have run into. The batteries for the lights need to be replaced already, but the Falcon is just about finished. A few more tweaks to the final paint finish and this one will be retired to the shelf.

Here are some pics of the finished model.

Again, thanks to everyone here at the Shipyards. Y'all take care and have fun out there.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 11:05:19 PM »
WOW! that is superb mate   great work!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 07:49:03 AM »
Wow, that turned out great. On the front page.

Hope the personal stuff resolves itself too.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 04:52:26 AM »
Man, that is just awesome! The paint details look perfect! The lights make this beauty look real! That is one thing I need to try, adding lights to vehicles. Very well done!

Offline Hadrien_Solo

• Cadet
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 07:46:59 AM »
Really, really nice! I wish I had this in my room. I love anything with lights! Your paint job is also impressive. It's a real beauty!

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 09:12:35 AM »
As always, Thanks to you guys.
  I'm glad you liked this model, if you only knew how many times this came to being smashed into thousands of tiny pieces out of pure frustration. At one point the lights had to be removed and replaced, but the silver lining in that is that I found out that most of my connections were pretty loose and would eventually fall out of place.
   This also served as a shakedown build for the next Millennium Falcon kit I have sitting on the bench...The next one will also be sold since I won't have any room for it. If anyone is actually interested in this, please contact me and let me know if you have a preference for the build...

Anyway, I have one more video update that just shows off the pictures of the work in progress. Most of the pics have already been seen here exclusively at the Imperial Shipyards.

http://youtu.be/oTMYqCRjadU

Thanks for all your support, You guys are the best on the net.