Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 29 New Vehicle!  (Read 111390 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »
Wow, that vehicle is a great piece of customisation, I love all of the accessories. Looks great in that superb diorama as well.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 07:19:47 PM »
A well deserved First Place on that vehicle build for sure, and it was great to see them again!  I love that entire Rebel base, it is too cool!

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »
That really is fantastic.  A perfect fusion of Star Trek tech into the Star Wars Universe  :)  Again, I love the use of that plastic storage container...very clever incorporation of a found object, and the greeblification you've done should be a point of pride.  Love the scratch-built details...also, you really managed to pull together a lot of disparate parts into a cohesive design.  Impressive...most impressive.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 06:21:03 AM »
Thanks guys and Glorbes that review by you makes my day. I am proud of her and am glad you like her as well. I scoured over all your builds at different times while building this. I was trying to come close to some of the vehicles you have done but in my own style. I would love to get into scratch building ships.

Now for something completely different!

I have decided to customize one of my turbo tanks.  The original idea was to battle damage it to the max with blast marks and weathering. I have taken it completely apart and removed the launching mechanism for the speeder bike.  I want to change this area completely by either adding another speeder or some other vehicle/vehicles storage bay. It is barely too small for the second speeder like the one that came with it. It will fit 2 Endor style speeders. I am wondering if a Freeco speeder would fit in here but I don't have one. Then I thought about the little GI Joe tanks a few people have customized. I wonder if they would fit? Does anyone have these small vehicles and a Turbo Tank so they might try these ideas out? I think the Freco will be too wide though. Lastly I thought about troop transport but it is barely too short for them to stand up in there.

I am also looking for new ideas of what I could do with the bottom storage are of this vehicle, there is a lot of wasted space in there. Here are a few pics if you have never seen it taken apart.

Again please throw some ideas at me!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
I agree that is ripe for improvements, 

When I see the pic from the reverse I think of a troop compartment ala a US Bradley,  add a door, a few benches or cargo areas.

I don't have a turbo tank to look at up close, but the depth and width would be the factor

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2010, 12:22:41 PM »
If it were me I'd turn the whole thing into a Jawa type vehicle...A remnant from theClone Wars left behind and then salvaged. I'd really go to work on the battle scarring, even exposing some areas leaving the inner frame and structure visible. It could work well with your large diorama.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »
I like the troop compartment idea, with gun and ammo racks and some seats for the troops.

Jules second hand jawa vehicle idea has it's merits, also. I'm gonna check to see if that freeco speeder fits now.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:08:03 PM by Clonehead »

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2010, 05:04:21 PM »
Great idea, weathering and battle damage is always great, but how did you take apart the tank!!
I've been trying to take the top shell off and i've removed all the screws but it doesn't come off. Im a bit scared to apply some pressure coz it is flimsy in some areas. How did you take it apart?

I like the troop compartment idea, with gun and ammo racks and some seats for the troops.
Clonehead, you're divulging all the secret additions i've added onto my turbo tank lol!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2010, 05:34:26 PM »
Lambo - All I did was take all the screws out and pull it apart. That launching mechanism kinda hangs up and keeps it from coming in half so I just pulled it out and it fell apart. Do you have it seperated from the top? Don't know what else it might be.

Sarge and Clonehead - I was thinking along those lines as well but don't like the fact that a trooper can't stand up in there. I guess if they are seated it doesn't matter though. It would be cool if some kind of seating compartment pulled out of the end that currently does not open. Then I cold still get a small tank/mini rig/ speeder out the front. Oh what if a Kybuck patrol came out one end, but they are taller than a figure now that I think about it.

Hangarbay - great idea but not sure it is a direction I will take at this time. I have always wanted to get a cheaper damaged AT-AT to do something like that.

Thanks for all the ideas and keep them coming.

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2010, 05:44:45 PM »
Thanks LS, got it apart. Just needed to apply some pressure to get the top off. I've added seats and gun racks to the back of mine, where the speeder comes out, but im currently working on the front hatch, trying to make it open. If you want it to open, scrape down the sides so it just sits properly and doesn't need to be fitted in, and then get a really small door hinge and glue it on. Thats what im working on so far and its working out pretty well and gives the underneath heaps more space.

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2010, 05:59:33 PM »
Great idea, weathering and battle damage is always great, but how did you take apart the tank!!
I've been trying to take the top shell off and i've removed all the screws but it doesn't come off. Im a bit scared to apply some pressure coz it is flimsy in some areas. How did you take it apart?

Clonehead, you're divulging all the secret additions i've added onto my turbo tank lol!!
Sorry, just detail dreaming, that's all, Lambon

L.E., I tried the freeco with the opening and there's no way, front or back, width-wise. I snapped a pic and will get it up, later.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »
I have to go with Clint on this.. a ammo, supply and weapons racks would be cool. Only I would take it up a notch and make it slide out and unfold "Matrix" style and then have a small fold down step up that more gear could be on. I'll draft up a quick sketch and post it after the kids go to sleep.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2010, 10:13:29 PM »
That sounds like a cool idea, Sten. I am looking forward to seeing that sketch.

Here is that shot I took, L.E., of the freeco speeder next to the speeder bike opening on the turbo tank.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 01:06:12 AM »
Here is my sketch... Kind of pulls out and then down. Racks for weapons along one or two sides and then a way for clones to jump down.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2010, 05:06:45 AM »
OK, now we are getting somewhere. Sten thanks for expanding the original idea and supplying the drawing. I love that idea. If the compartment pulls out with clones seated they don't need to stand up inside. A weapons/ammo rack would be sweet as well. I see I have my work cut out for me now. I plan to leave the original ramp and have this troop compartment slide out the other end.

What do you think I should construct this out of? I am thinking styrene or wood. I don't think foam core would hold up. Any more ideas or construction ideas to be heard?