Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 29 New Vehicle!  (Read 111396 times)

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
Re: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 8-8 Swoop Bike Finished!
« Reply #555 on: August 08, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »
WOW this is AMAZING!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #556 on: August 08, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
That last pic is fantastic. We will be seeing it on the front page tomorrow.

I sure hope you are taking those two customs with you to the Customizing Panel. Ofcourse when you pull them out all the oxygen will be drawn from the room.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #557 on: August 09, 2012, 06:02:11 AM »
krztfr, not sure what you are asking but if it is the swoop bike I got it in a trade with Dan Kosa.

Shawn, thanks so much! I am thinking about taking these 2 to C6, how did you know? I have been pondering what I should take for the panel. The BMT, the switchblade, these swoops, the Wookie Battle Platform, the transforming Rebel Scout Skiff, man so many choices. I was also thinking about starting a pole or something to see what people think I should take, any ideas?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #558 on: August 10, 2012, 04:22:25 AM »
Damn, LE, sleep must not even be an option anymore for you. That new swoop is an exciting piece to be sure.

Offline MsComicStar86

• Lieutenant
    • Facebook
« Reply #559 on: September 17, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »
Loving the vehicles. Outstanding work my friend.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #560 on: October 01, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
LE, you are churning out some seriously delicious custom sets. These bikers look awesome.

I really like then because they are not only great Star Wars customs, but they could equally be from a totally different sci-fi story.

Offline jangorick

• Cadet
« Reply #561 on: October 06, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
SAWEETTTT. I just picked on of those up on Clearance the other day thinking it would be cool to Modify. Guess I was right. Nice Job  0/

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #562 on: November 29, 2012, 08:07:57 AM »
Thanks for the comments on the swoop bike everyone!

I bought the Vintage Y-Wing when it came out and I would like to upgrade to only owning a few of them along with 2 custom ones from Hangarbay and Wraith9. So I woke up one Saturday morning and decided it would be fun to cut one in half and see what I could come up with. It will be my own design of an "Ugly" like we see in the Rogue Squadron comics. Here are the 2 ideas I thought were worth photographing with the last image being my favorite.

I also want to repaint the new vintage version to look more realistic. I almost painted it Yellow with a blue lid but I really like the orange deco so I stuck with it. I started by pre-weathering the panel lines.

Next I applied 2 coats of Krylon Ivory. It is not as clear in the phote but this leaves a nice grey outline around each panel line. The top section is un sprayed to show the difference.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #563 on: November 29, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »
Spry, this is fantastic. I do like it as you thought I would. Perhaps this will take the title of your hardest kitbash? On the front page.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
Re: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 11-29 2 New Vehicles!
« Reply #564 on: November 29, 2012, 08:48:42 PM »
I also like the second version better.  Either way, I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #565 on: November 30, 2012, 05:54:31 AM »
cant wait to se were your going to go with this monster ;)

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #566 on: March 02, 2013, 08:27:43 PM »
any Barbie Barge progress?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #567 on: March 03, 2013, 06:20:21 AM »
I see he is working on some steampunk Joes from Facebook, but haven't seen any vehicle shots for awhile.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #568 on: March 03, 2013, 06:57:44 AM »
Sorry to leave everyone hanging on my vehicle progress. Sadly there has been none. I really need to find a way to harness my creativity. I have a huge problem with getting too many ideas. I have to start on the project to get things worked out in my head, then I shelve it. I need to make myself finish these projects and not start new ones until the last one is done. As for the Sail Barge, I will get back on it one day. It was for the project Jules, Nate and I were working on. Since our writer, Nate, has pretty much left the hobby, for reasons he can not control, I have lost interest. I love the vehicle but it has no use now, would love to finish it one day. I poured a ton of time and greeblies into. I am also under a lot of stress with my work. Trying to find ways to do things cheaper and make a living are the struggles this economy has brought me. I am doing more commissions now, again needing to bring some money in, and I really don't post those. They have all been remakes of characters I made before, so again nothing new. I simply have not had enough time to get in the forums either. I am still here, still creating, just not as prolific as I once was. Oh times, they are, a changing...

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #569 on: March 03, 2013, 07:10:19 AM »
Sorry to leave everyone hanging on my vehicle progress. Sadly there has been none. I really need to find a way to harness my creativity. I have a huge problem with getting too many ideas. I have to start on the project to get things worked out in my head, then I shelve it. I need to make myself finish these projects and not start new ones until the last one is done. As for the Sail Barge, I will get back on it one day. It was for the project Jules, Nate and I were working on. Since our writer, Nate, has pretty much left the hobby, for reasons he can not control, I have lost interest. I love the vehicle but it has no use now, would love to finish it one day. I poured a ton of time and greeblies into. I am also under a lot of stress with my work. Trying to find ways to do things cheaper and make a living are the struggles this economy has brought me. I am doing more commissions now, again needing to bring some money in, and I really don't post those. They have all been remakes of characters I made before, so again nothing new. I simply have not had enough time to get in the forums either. I am still here, still creating, just not as prolific as I once was. Oh times, they are, a changing...

I know exactly what you're talking about Spry. I didn't post any new work here for over a year.. I was burned out, busy with life and work. I think it's a cycle everyone goes thru. = ) The good part is you get to keep doing what you love and you'll always have a group of good friends waiting to talk and share things with. Though I admit, that Y-Wing Ugly looks really cool!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com