Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 29 New Vehicle!  (Read 111704 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 09:05:45 AM »
I could see this whole thing getting a "Hoth" treatment. Paint the thing white or a darker grey like a real walker and then do the trooper thing crew seating or a pull out cannon! Couldn't you see a rapid deploy laser battery waiting to roll out of that back area too!

Heck, this could even be a rebel counterpart to take on an AT-AT and a big ole rebel symbol on it with an X-wing type stripe would look good too.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:21:57 AM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2010, 10:06:39 AM »
Along those lines, I could also see the top of the tank folding open to reveal a big ole gun. What a match for an ATAT that would be.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 11:33:30 AM »
These are excellent ideas guys, very creative. I also would use the space for Troopers and ammo or you can make a Turbo Tank "wrecker". When I first saw this huge vehicle in Ep. 3 I asked myself what if this thing is damaged.  A Juggernaut support vehicle would be nice in my opinion. In modern combat is a wrecker a very important vehicle that gives support  or tow other vehicles away as needed.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2010, 11:40:42 AM »
Ah, kind of an armored support vehicle, eh. That is also a killer idea, Fila! I have always been excited about military vehicles that had this sort of purpose and have several unbuilt models of variations on the theme. I can imagine the turbo tank as a partial armored flatbed, complete with winch, hauling in a crashed jedi starfighter or something.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2010, 11:47:22 AM »
Hmm....

A nice idea at that. A big ole support vehicle. I saw a walker made that way once and it looked cool.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2010, 12:04:29 PM »
What do you think I should construct this out of? I am thinking styrene or wood. I don't think foam core would hold up. Any more ideas or construction ideas to be heard?

I would say a mix of styrene for the walls and racks and maybe some very thin plank wood for the base covered in styrene.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2010, 12:16:22 PM »
Yea! Awesome ideas guys. Tamer I really like the pull out cannon idea. Tell me more/show me a picture of this laser battery type set up, that too sounds good. I think I know what you mead though, drop off troops and some bigger weaponry and star firing while the tank could roll on forward. Also an interesting thought about it being a Rebel counterpart.

Fiala, that too is another great idea, very creative! This really has me thinking now.

Clint, a gun folding out would be cool. I had thought about making part of the top open previously and I will look into the sides and see if I can tackle it.  

Sten, I agree. I am thinking the troop compartment will be a thin wooden drawer and build with styrene after that.  The wood is really going to waste some precious space but I am afraid it would fall apart made from all styrene. Maybe I can hunt down a plastic tray or drawer that is close to the right size.

Thanks again to everyone for throwing around ideas with me. I am not rushing this one so I have plenty of time to decide and develop this. I do want to decide on a design and put it down on paper first this time. Every other vehicle I have just made it up as I go and hope it all works out. At this point I am leaning towards a combo of Tamer and Clonehead's ideas.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2010, 01:29:41 PM »
It reminds me of a skid drop if you have ever seen one. It is where a plane flies really low to the ground, drops of its load on a palette and speeds off. I could see some laser artillery being deployed out the back of this or towed for that matter. This could just be a big ole artillery tower.  Again something large enough to take out an atat or large tank.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2010, 06:38:18 AM »
Thanks for all the ideas guys. I did a few mock ups and this is what I came up with...

As you can see it would only hold 6 seated troopers. I could also see some backpacks and riffle racks on the back wall behind them. They could exit the platform in the direction they are facing.

This wall inside for strength has to stay. So whatever I do it will have a front compartment and a back compartment.

The area that angles up to give me less space inside will be gone. When I cut off the bottom of that section the compartment I build will cover that area and be flat like the rest of this piece. I hope you know what I am trying to explain here... in the next pic you see a piece of foam core angled up. cutting out that section will enable it to lay flat.

I am thinking about something along these lines. I got out my Joe stuff and this is what kind of worked for me. It will not fit inside so I would have to scratch build something similar. I like the look and I think this depicts what some of you guys esp. Tamer was talking about.

So what do you think?

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2010, 08:28:55 AM »
It's looking very promising.

Are you sure you want to cut the rear down so that it will be flat along that hump? I would think you could mount the cannon near the exit, and the seating on the inner portion and use the slant/gravity to help with the sliding out of the platform.

I think the more "fold out" the item can be (with moving parts) the more interactive and cool it will look.

As for the troop pull out... I was looking at the size.. and had an idea...

Create the side with rifle slits and paint it up to look like armor plating, maybe give it that _--_--_--_ look. Tada! you have a mobile instant "trench" ready for troopers to use as cover. You could even do two walls with flip down ramps on each end.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2010, 09:28:38 AM »
Oh yeah, love the look of that pull out cannon. That would be a cool one!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2010, 12:09:42 PM »
Cool idea Sten. I wonder how I could work that in. First off the 6 chairs would need to be removable and the back wall would need to have a second piece that would raise up or fold up. Hey the chairs could hinge up to make that back wall tall enough for them to stand behind. Well then the riffle and back pack racks would be upside down and exposed on the back.  Sorry guys just thinking as I type. This idea is worth further development, if anyone has ideas throw them out here.

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2010, 04:26:05 PM »
 :o

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR  TURBO TANK?!?!?!?!? Just kidding bud hope it turns out to what you want it to be looks cool.

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2010, 04:44:39 AM »
I love the idea of the the trooper bay, a few more chairs, some paint and thatll be one of the best customs yet!