Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280686 times)

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2009, 09:32:47 AM »
In my opinion Hasbro should be removed from making Star Wars toy and find a new company to make toys,  someone who is a fan and knows a little about what the people want. Hasbro cares about the bottom dollar not the people who are collecting they think that kids are there market and no grown-ups even buy Star Wars toys, a company that will visit the Shadows Of The Empire, or the Novels or Dark horse Graphic Novels and make figures from these series not just one figure or 2 but all the charecters giving us more depth besides 800 lukes, Hans, and Leia's and Vader's.

The old school mini-rigs can be made and not at a high cost, but Hasbro says to do them would cost to much, yet they used the old molds on all the vehicles in the POTF 2 line, but until someone else takes over none of these ideas fans love will ever come to pass.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »
In my opinion Hasbro should be removed from making Star Wars toy and find a new company to make toys,  someone who is a fan and knows a little about what the people want. Hasbro cares about the bottom dollar not the people who are collecting they think that kids are there market and no grown-ups even buy Star Wars toys, a company that will visit the Shadows Of The Empire, or the Novels or Dark horse Graphic Novels and make figures from these series not just one figure or 2 but all the charecters giving us more depth besides 800 lukes, Hans, and Leia's and Vader's.

The old school mini-rigs can be made and not at a high cost, but Hasbro says to do them would cost to much, yet they used the old molds on all the vehicles in the POTF 2 line, but until someone else takes over none of these ideas fans love will ever come to pass.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mezco get a shot at the license.  The HellBoy figures they produced in 3.75" scale were top notch.  Some with true ball jointed wrists and hips that were almost seamless.  If not them, NECA might be a great fit too.  I voiced a similar opinion about someone else getting the license on the Rebel Scum forum.  One guy replied something to the extent "Who else you gonna have do it?  Mattel?  They're terrible."  It was actually kind of funny.  It's like he didn't realize there are actually more than two toy companies out there in the world.

As for using old molds though, if another company did get the license, we could pretty much count on that possibility not happening.  See, Hasbro bought Kenner, the original owner of those molds.  That's why Hasbro has access to them today.  I doubt they'd go to any trouble for another company that might steal a license from them.  Still stranger things have happened so who knows.   :-\

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #287 on: October 25, 2009, 09:32:36 PM »
Could Hasbro be anymore ambiguous with its answers?

And what is it with Hasbro and saying that Legacy sales are down? Here in Australia you can barely find a legacy figure in amongst all the clone wars figures. We're inundated with clone wars figures (especially IGX lancer droids) and there is a serious lack of legacy figures at all our stores. I don't think retailers are doing the Star Wars line justice. I haven't seen a new legacy figure since the Wioslea line, and that came out here in March!!

Anyone got the same issues?

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #288 on: October 25, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »
Yea everyone has the same issues, Hasbro has stepped in a big pile of Bantha Poodoo. there are no legacy figures anywere they just say they have sent tons of them. where I do not know.  like the Hoth Soldier w/o the beard, they said the factory made a whole bunch of them, yet Hasbro says they cant find any in any of the shipments they have looked at, they never made this figure, they are stalling till they can fix their problem. Hasbro is behind on Legacy figures and Comic packs and all they have are excuses.

I am tired of the one sided answers and the smoke screen. I can see whats going on, they raised the price of figures in Europe and abroad to scream sales are down since higher prices make it hard for people to buy alot they have to choose. Hasbro is in my opinion trying to phase out the Legacy collection by giving poor service and product delivery, they need to be stripped of the license and someone else needs to step in who will offer more playsets, vehicles. How many repacks are they going to shove down our throats?

All their answers are crap, I have asked my wal-mart stockers and they have had NO LEGACY FIGURES , NONE, yet Hasbro is supposedly clogging the lines with their imaginary Legacy figures.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #289 on: October 26, 2009, 09:56:49 AM »
I think the long wait will be over soon. There always does seem to be a long dry spell between the Xmas shopping season and the Summer offerings. It is kind of like Gentle Giant and thier release dates, always figure in at least a month before the stuff does hit. Still, I have to say, that my walmarts are doing ok with the new releases, but I will agree with you that Clone Wars seems to be getting a slight edge over my Legacy favorites. I am getting tired of waiting for the new atst too.

Anyone have any questions for Hasbro?

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #290 on: October 26, 2009, 03:32:41 PM »
What are the chances we will see more O.T.C or E.U. Vehicles in the future, as well as figures I.E.  Imperial Guard from Shadows Of  The Empire  this figure needs an update even if its luke again I will Buy loads as its an army builder. Can you make Imperial Troops avalible every year my army needs more troops

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #291 on: November 01, 2009, 03:01:50 AM »
I have two questions based from other Shipyarders so please feel free to rephrase or make em sound better, but I want to get em down before I forget.

1. We are eagerly waiting for the release of the upcoming at-st, sandtrooper with dewback, and gelagrub battlepack, is there any reason your targeted street date for the release of these offerings is so far off?

2. We are all loving your new Freeco speeder and thought the frosted glass was a very nice touch. Wouldn't it have made more sense to release this great vehicle with a Winter Geared Obi Wan or Anakin or Captain Rex and are we going to see these nonproduced winter environment figures in the future?

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #292 on: November 01, 2009, 03:53:02 AM »
i would like to know if there is any attempt at a schedule for Australian star wars legacy collectors?, it seems to me that all of the figures that are on the pegs are Clone Wars, Clone Wars, Clone Wars!!! when we do get some legacy it's always seems to be wave 4 in blue and white packaging i haven't even seen new stock for 6 months.. so why is it that all that is ever stocked on our limited pegs is clone wars figures when the show is not even on air in our country?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:27:35 PM by TheCloneCommander »

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #293 on: November 01, 2009, 04:17:56 PM »
i would like to know if there is any attempt at a schedule for Australian star wars legacy collectors?, it seems to me that all of the figures that are on the pegs are Clone Wars, Clone Wars, Clone Wars!!! when we do get some legacy it's always seems to be wave 4 in blue and white packaging i haven't even seen new stock for 6 months.. so why is it that all that is ever stocked on our limited pegs is clone wars figures when the show is not even on air in or country?

hear, hear.....but hope is around the corner.....always.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #294 on: November 06, 2009, 06:49:53 AM »
Questions submitted one week early as we had three good ones, four actually, I will save that one for next round.

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2009, 11:44:21 AM »
Hasbro,
Over the last several years I have been absolutely amazed at the number of high quality pieces of Clone/Imperial Trooper fan art and custom figures that have been produced. Many of these pieces have made me, and I'm sure others, wish that one or more of their favorites could make their way into the official Star Wars universe. Which brings me to my question. Would you ever consider having a contest where fan's could submit their trooper concept art to Hasbro, LFL and Hasbro could narrow their top choices down to maybe a top 30, and then turn it over to collectors to vote for which concept they would like to see made into a figure?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »
Now that is an interesting question, I am sure Lucas would have to agree to even allow the concept but it is a neat idea to be sure.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #297 on: November 11, 2009, 03:55:44 PM »
Yep, I like that one too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »
Good one James, that one will be in our next round for sure!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2009, 05:43:25 PM »
reminds me of the frankenjoe contest at the con. . .all entries are property of hasbro, lol.