Author Topic: DARK CHILD IS DEAD!!!  (Read 3486 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
DARK CHILD IS DEAD!!!
« on: March 24, 2010, 06:52:17 AM »
Guys it is with great regret to inform you that the Dark Child Chronicles is no longer.....Ahhhhh!

I have spent the last 18months slaving over this and I feel that it is time to throw in the towel. I was finding myself up till 3am far too often, which is not healthy. The pressures of writing the story and working with the movie software had become very tedious and as viewing figures have been declining it just seemed time to call a halt to the project...

So for those of you who want to know what happens to Darkchild I will tell you...

The strange Jedi is the last of the Force Sensitive Sorcerers, a cult that split from the Sith 1000 years earlier...the sourcerers also believe in the "Chosen One" but believe him to be another child...

Emperor Palpatine....He is not who he seems.....He is in fact Darth Bane....His broken Holocron was found by Palpatine as a small boy, and when found Bane's spirit moved into Palpatine thereby resurrecting him....Dath Bane's plan was simple, kill all the Sith (which he achieved 1000 years earlier) and kill all the Jedi...once achieved he would contol all of the force. Darth Bane needed the two last children as their Force Powers could be absorbed giving him immortality.

The story would have continued with Palpatine (Darth Bane) persuing Zen, the child, the sorcerer etc until a final showdown, where Zen would save the day. The Darkchild would end up losing his powers, but in doing so he would  give Dath Vader the good he needed to eventually turn on his master in Return of the Jedi.

Along the way the sorcerer & Jodo get killed, Zen falls in love with a woman called Kaia Azzameen and they adopt the Darkchild and live happily ever after...

Now onto what happens next...

Well, I'm not finished with photonovels by a long shot (you can't get rid of me that easily), but this time I'm going to choose a story that's already been written, that way I can concentrate on the fun stuff and not worry about having to write the thing. It'll be something that can be made into small stories, each one complete, so thast if I decide to stop making it I won't be leaving people in the dark so to speak.

What is it going to be...well that is a closely guarded secret, but in the meantime I'm going to be more active in the custom sections and will be producing some videos for the Yards. I will also be available to create banners and you might find some more You've been hangarbay's images popping up for a while...

So to all of you who have been following the story and posting their support I thank you, I hope I haven't let you down too much, especially Jaxxon (Sprywalker's son), he'll be getting some of the bits I've used for the story in due course as a personal apology as I knew he loved the videos...

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
Re: DARK CHILD IS DEAD!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:25:25 AM »
 :o WOAH!! I had to see if it was April fools day, WOW this is a huge bombshell!!! Mate what can i say?

........errrr......hmmm.....wow.... :(..... it's sad to see this fantastic series come to an end, it feels like Firefly all over again :'(
i would have loved to have seen the next scene after your last shot in you newest vid mate i wont lie..... but that being said, it is a fitting finale shot now!!
thank you for sharing this great story and beautiful imagery with us Jules...   it is a true shame that this was not appreciated for what it really was (a creative spirit trying to share it with the world)
we could never imagine the hours YOU spent in doing this and you can guarantee that it will me missed,  you have a fan in me for life mate... 
so you burnt the lightsaber at both ends but i one day hope we could get Christmas special  like what Doctor Who have done but that is just a pipe dream...

thank you again mate, i stand to give you a standing ovation Jules you have earned it and we all should stand and and scream thank you!!
we will miss the  Dark Child Chronicles,
i will be looking forward to the future, and to see what HB94 has in stall for us

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:25:27 AM »
Jules, this saddens my heart, but I completely understand your feelings.  However, I am looking greatly forward to your new stories coming down the line!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :'( :'( :'( :'(
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »
Guys I am really touched.

CC, I am sorry dude, I know how much you loved the videos, and your comment about Firefly was such an awesome thing to say! I actually cried when I watched the last episode, it felt like someone had died, so to put my story in the same league is such a gargantuan compliment.

I feel like I have let you guys down...but if you realised how much effort it takes to create the artwork, let alone the movies and on top of that spend hours writing and re-writing scripts it's like a full time job. Plus the fact that being the perfectionist that I am I was spending hours and hours on shots that took seconds...something had to give...

And Wraith, what can I say....I'm with you man....I'm with you!

Now I will offer a glimmer of  hope...My photonovel days are not over...ohh no! but the next one will reflect the things I've learned by doing Darkchild, I won't be making the same mistakes again. All will be revealed in good time, and I'm sure when you see what my idea is you'll understand my decision...

Once again I can't express how greatful I am for all of your support and kind words. I had so much fun seeing your reactions to every new special effects trick and I hope to continue to provide you with more of the same.

Jules

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 10:25:27 AM »
I can totatlly understand how such immersion does rob someone and when it begins to get too much like work it isn't fun anymore. I am glad to hear that you are still thinking about continueing photonovels in some way as you are taking it to levels I have never seen nor heard off.

Thank you for giving us such great entertainment. I would love to see you in charge of a network.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 10:48:44 AM »
i am featureing the vid and i think steve maybe as well....
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »
sorry to hear it, but hobbies are meant to be fun..not work, so I understand.

Now you will have more time to cultivate a new generation of photonovel artists, :)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 03:07:57 PM »
Guys thanks,

Wraith, I feel that I know you as a friend, not just in cyberspace, your support by adding my video's to your favourites always sees the viewing figures quadriple, it is a great gesture.

Tamer, believe me I may be down but I'm not out by a long shot. I will put the Darkchild novel down to a learning experience, one which, as has been the case in the past,  leads to improvement.

I will be producing a farewell video, showing unseen video footage and stills from the Dark Child Saga which will also unveil the next Hangarbay project. 

I look forward to a return to this forum very soon.

Jules

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 06:28:18 PM »
Jules let me start by again thanking you for the hours of entertainment you have provided for us. Yes hours, The fist version then the second versionor "Dark Child Movies" as Jaxon calls them, and we have watched them a few times each. I know what it is like to give something all of your attention and energy, it becomes a part of you. You are a perfectionist and I know you poured a tremendous amount of time into these to make the series what it is today. I really enjoyed watching you perfect your skills and learn new ones. I can't really explain to you how blown away I was with the new direction you took on version 2 of the series. Then each time there was more stuff moving and more detail. I also want to say the diologe is great, don't think I ever mentioned that, as my brain was about to melt from the awesome visual effects. We all know all good things can turn into a job when pouring all this energy into one thing. I too suck at that so I combat it with doing 10 projects at a time. That is easy with custom figures but not so with what you are doing. So I totally understand your decision and where you are coming from. That being said I do hate to see it end but we all want this to be fun for you Jules and we all have a life outside of our hobby. So I leave this post just being glad you started this series and decided to share it with all of us. Now I can't wait to see what you will be up to next as you are the MASTER and I look foreward to anything you create. I am also excited about seeing more customs from you, that will be a great creative outlet and is not so demanding. I am also honored that you would think about sending Jaxon anything that came from/was seen in Dark Child. Please don't feel like you have to but I know it is just your kind heart making you feel a bit guilty, but please don't feel guilty. You have not and could never let us down so don't feel that way. We understand and feel like we know you even though we have technicaly never met face to face. What a great community this is and just think it is you that brought me here so I have you to thank for that as well. So thanks for all you do here, which is alot, we are all behind you buddy!

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
Sprywalker,

Another huge thanks. It was for Jaxon that I felt I'd let down the most as I know how much he liked the videos. I cannot add to what you have said because you words reflect my own. You know where I'm coming from!

I have always taken pleasure in reading your responses to my creative work and you must know by now that the quality feedback makes it all worthwhile. I will be putting together a video montage of unseen stock images from the Dark Child series and will reveal the new venture then....

I'm also looking to build a figures scale ATAT barge/ toybox before getting stuck into the next novel, so I'm hoping to see you in the customs forum shortly as well.

Jules

Offline Mando Commando

• The Vintage Collector
  • Commander
  • Uttini!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that you've been working day and night on this, just for the fans.  I'm glad that you're nice enough to make this for us, the fans.  So, I don't blame you for quiting the series.  I'm glad to know that you will be living a more healthy life, not staying up all night working on the video, lol.  I can't wait to see more works by the master of photoshop.   bbfet

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 01:18:17 PM »
don't worry mate, we all find it sad to hear that there won't be no Dark Child anymore but on the other hand, we feel honored that you sacrificed so much to do this for us.
We understand it and we don't blame you at all, I mean, how can we not thank you for the few episodes while they were so awesome!
so hereby

THANKS MAN! We all loved it!

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 04:40:52 AM »
Jules,

I'm glad your not leaving the forums you inspire me to go deeper in myself to learn more on custom and design. Thank you in showing you talent and inspireing people. Even my sons now are trying to do some diorama work with me. I still am getting things together for you and trying to get them print out in the right shade is kinda hard. But I'll get it done soon trying to use my cadd for design shadeing is hard because it's not how the program was made for. Adapt and overcome I say I can't wait for the next story I will soon send you a little story line to review on the JTS if you don't mind. Thank you  for your hard work and scacrifice.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
man, I'm sorry to read this.   

I admit I don't come into the photonovel section of the board too often so I am among the dwindling viewing numbers and it's terrible to be part of the source of the frustration.  But even beyond the lack of views, your inability to make a habit of sleep is probably the thing that was most troubling and its good you're gonna fix that, just be careful not to relapse into that as ya get deeper into the X-Wing series.   I'm looking much forward to watching that BTW and I promise to make a concerted effort to be more3 consistent with keeping up with the story after this!