Author Topic: The best Star Wars Freeware game in the World  (Read 4626 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
The best Star Wars Freeware game in the World
« on: June 07, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »
Hi folks,

In case anyone hasn't seen these games before I thought you'd like to know about two of the best FREE Star Wars Games in the WORLD!. These 2 games are the most AWESOME Star Wars games you are likely to play, whatsmore they are FREEWARE. Lucas Arts need to take note here, these games have it all, they are dead easy to pick up and play, they have very smooth graphics, and they are very addictive.

BATTLE OF ENDOR (my fave)

Picture this, you are the pilot of an X-wing entering the Endor System, Death Star 2 appears right in front of you as you come out of Hyperspace, then all hell breaks loose - Tie, fighters swam in, then a couple of Star Destroyers, then more Tie's closely followed by Tie Advanced, literally swarms of the buggers. That's the Battle of Endor. I kid you not, you ain't never played a game like it.

Download it FREE here: http://www.bruneras.com/fgames_boe.htm
Be sure to download the simple to install 3D Graphics UPGRADE (also FREE) Here: http://w13.easy-share.com/1805671.html

BATTLE OF YAVIN

Now picture this: You are the pilot of an X-wing, you've just left Yavin on what must seem like a desperate suicide mission to strike at the Empire's most awesome super weapon, The Death Star. On approach to the battle Station you've got to get past the sentry ships, a couple of Star Destroyers and their Tie fighter compliment. Once you've cleared the Sentry's it's time to hit the Station itself. Man is this game hard. At the end you get to fly down the trench and Photon the mother to kingdom come.
All this in stunning 3D and what's more ITS FREE.....

Download The Battle of Yavin here: http://www.bruneras.com/fgames_boy.htm
Be sure to download the simple to install 3D Graphics UPGRADE (also FREE) Here: http://w13.easy-share.com/1805681.html
Final note, it is possible to beat these games, but it takes lots and lots of practice.

Am I right, are these games awesome or what?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:54:08 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: The best Star Wars Freeware game in the World
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:42:06 AM »
wow - thanks for those links!  Wonder how well they'll play on my laptop?   ;D

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:10:43 AM »
wow - thanks for those links!  Wonder how well they'll play on my laptop?   ;D

It plays fine on mine..give it a go, it only takes a sec to install and play. Don't forget the graphics upgrades, it makes the game much better. It's also great to play with earphones as it features the original score.

Good luck.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 09:47:31 AM »
Well now, tomorrow I have to come to work with not a whole lot on my plate. I can guess which thread I will be taking a peek at tomorrow. Thanks for the links.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »
too much for my computer, :(

The sound was awesome, though.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »
I played these games from some time, they were some of the few I could install at the university. I didn't manage to go to final levels but it was fun nevertheless.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 09:28:05 PM »
I made it to lev 6 but after 13 secs the Executor destroyed Home One, anyone know how to protect it from the ties?
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »
The way I beat the game was to kill as may ties as I could...You can make use of the photon torpedoes as they replenish themselves. Kill 4 ties and you get a new missile.

Use all your missiles to destroy the Star Destroyers' 2 deflector towers, it takes 3 torpedoes to destroy a deflector dome, you've got 6 missiles.  Once the domes are destroyed attack the Star Destroyers from the rear, they don't have cannons facing aft. Also link your lasers. Be accurate....

If you are low on life and you've got missles left loosen them off on the nearest Star Destroyer.

If you manage to get to the SSD with more than one life with a full compliment of Photons, unload them on the SSD's deflector domes, you'll need 12 missiles to destroy both of them so commit suicide then re launch and let off the next 6 missiles, then fly to the rear of the SSD and just fire at it until she is destroyed.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 12:39:35 PM »
You know, ever since you pointed out this game at RS and Yakface, I've been playing it every now and then (I'm a bit more preoccupied with my PS3  ;) ). But it's a great game. Pretty hard and I haven't finished it yet, but it's heaps of fun!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 04:17:37 AM »
Yep, these are games I just pick up once in a while and just have some fun with. On a large monitor this game plays so well and is just so much fun. It's like a really cool arcade game.