Author Topic: Call of Duty: World at War  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Call of Duty: World at War
« on: November 09, 2008, 10:40:21 AM »
COD heads back to the WWII era, though I much like the COD4 better, and this time, you can play 2 player co-op locally!  "No Soldier Fights Alone" finally allows you and a friend to play on the same system side-by-side.  I'll pick this one up, but probably used a few months after it's released.  How about you?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Call of Duty: World at War
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:26:12 PM »
Alot of people really liked COD4. Especially the online mode. I may pick this one up since Socom turned out so crappy.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 05:14:06 PM »
I loved COD4, but thought it sucked you couldn't play 2-Player Co-op.  This one should be pretty cool though!

Offline betobuster

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »
I usually wait for sales to buy video games.  The highest  I tend to go is forty bucks.  I got CoD World at War at Target for 39.99.  It's pretty good.  Online multiplayer is fun.  I hate that with CoD games, you can't play online multiplayer split-screen.  Everyone has to have a console and a copy of the game, or simply play offline.  There is also the fact that  certain maps are not available offline, unless using system link to connect two or more consoles.  With system link, only one person per console can play.  With World at War, the cheats cannot be activated offline.  There are some interesting looking ones, such as fighting zombies, or having only a knife and rocks to fight with.  I like the Nazi Zombies minigame.  There is another zombie minigame available if you download the extra content for ten bucks.  From my experience, players tend to use automatic weapons mostly.  It can be difficult going in with bolt action rifles.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 02:36:52 AM »
Anyone play the PC version of this?

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 02:44:33 AM »
anybody?

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 08:19:07 AM »
Only someone elses copy on their computer and for about 15 minof actual gameplay.
I liked it but had a little trouble  getting the usb controller I like to use for games to work.
I liked it enough that I will pick it up when I find it cheap enough.
Then mom made me go home and wont let me get it yet.
I tend to play more games on computer, since the newest game system I own is a 6 year old Playstation2 which I have 3 of with no online capability or harddrives.
Waiting to find a new ps3 at the $299 price tag, and lots of used or greatest hits games to follow.