Author Topic: STAR WARS - JEDI: Fallen Order  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
STAR WARS - JEDI: Fallen Order
« on: June 25, 2019, 09:18:59 AM »
Today, EA Star Wars released an official gameplay demo of Fallen Order. This "extended cut" is almost half an hour long.

I've only watched 10 minutes of it so far and think it's worth sharing! SPOILERS APPLY!

This game will be released on November 15, 2019.

double-click for full screen view or hit the link in the video to be redirected to YouTube.

Information:

Plattforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One

Genre: Action

Sub-genre: Action-Adventure

Release: 11.15.2019 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Developer: Respawn Entertainment

Webseite: www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-or

PEGI: 13 (U.S.), 16 (Europe)

Free 2 play: No

Price: approx. $59.99

I like how this game connects the Prequel era, more specifically the Clone Wars, with the time of the  Galactic Empire and Rogue One!

I also like the AT-ATs - especially the "bearded" one!  :D They seem to have used an early concept of the AT-AT. As far as I know this is officially the very first version designed and built towards the end of the Clone Wars.

I'm quite looking forward to playing this game. Only then I can make up my full and valid opinion. In the video I see some minor flaws already, but I can live with them. Here's one example: Why does a lightsaber easily cut through a Stormtrooper's armor, but does not cut a giant spider apart instantly? Is a chitin shell of an insect really this durable?! I know it's for the sake of gameplay, but a spider shouldn't be that much of an opponent I want to fight for minutes, even if it's giant.
Or why get two AT-AT drivers knocked-out just by being bumped into each other? What's the purpose of their helmets, then?

- Philipp
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:45:00 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: STAR WARS - JEDI: Fallen Order
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 08:11:55 AM »
I agree, the bearded walker rules. I am glad he didn't kill the AT-AT Drivers. Good stuff. Off to share.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 11:27:42 PM »
Guys -

This game was INCREDIBLE. I played it all the way through and collected everything. I was blown away by how good the story was.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 01:03:31 AM »
.... Please share your thoughts and experience. I don't play the games (not since Jedi academy or battle front II... But I did eventually get the force unleashed games for DS under $5 hahahaha)... And would love to hear all about it WITHOUT watching some random nerds walk-through with un-needed inane commentary. ::)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 09:11:55 AM »
.... Please share your thoughts and experience. I don't play the games (not since Jedi academy or battle front II... But I did eventually get the force unleashed games for DS under $5 hahahaha)... And would love to hear all about it WITHOUT watching some random nerds walk-through with un-needed inane commentary. ::)

This game takes some of the best gameplay mechanics from other games and puts a Star Wars spin on it. You have wall running (Titanfall), Puzzle Solving (Tomb Raider reboot), boss fights (Dark Souls), and timed light saber/force using combat (street fighter). If you like the concept of being a Jedi survivor after order 66, this is the game for you.

There are also several secret locations to explore, hidden bosses, and random bounty hunters who will fight you on all the planets.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 04:54:48 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 02:04:04 AM »
This game was INCREDIBLE. I played it all the way through and collected everything. I was blown away by how good the story was.

It's so good to hear that! After all these years of EA developing a new Battlefront and disappointing the fan community so hard, it is a true relief to hear that they actually made a STORY for this game. It's good to have another good Star Wars game, now. If you asked me they can take as much time as they need to develop a good game meaning that they include a story, a campaign, believable characters and a balance between them. Battlefront was just thrown on the market and added on with all those DLCs you even had to pay for.

Jedi Academy and the old Battlefront games are just epic...as said before I also enjoyed playing The Force Unleashed (One). Nice score on your DS versions! I will get Jedi: Fallen Order, too! I'm going to get it used for about 15€.
Yesterday I won an auction for EA's Battlefront 2 for 10,50€ shipped. Can't wait for it to arrive to play it with my brother on his PS4. I'm also going to pick up Battlefront 1 for 5€ tomorrow. I hope it works this time around (no scratches on the disc).
My favorite SW game to date still is Revenge of the Sith. There are so many other good ones as you mentioned already, but for some reason I fell for this game when it all started.

Btw I feel the same about the let's play videos on YouTube. I watched a few to learn how excellent the game actually is. But I can't watch them for long because they make me want to play it, too!
Plus too much random talking...

This game takes some of the best gameplay mechanics from other games and puts a Star Wars spin on it. You have wall running (Titanfall), Puzzle Solving (Tomb Raider reboot), boss fights (Dark Souls), and timed light saber/force using combat (street fighter). If you like the concept of being a Jedi survivor after order 66, this is the game for you.

There are also several secret locations to explore, hidden bosses, and random bounty hunters who will fight you on all the planets.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, RC! I will get this game used later on. Instead I just got both Battlefront games from EA and can't wait to play them myself. I'll spend days exploring each detail of the maps!  :P
It seems like many players recognized that Fallen Order makes use of other games' features and controls. It's precious that you have so many references to compare. I got some serious Assassin's Creed vibes while watching a gameplay. AC is the only game I know for reference.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the impression that Fallen Order focuses more on the lightsaber battle, climbing and finding hidden paths rather than force abilities?
I really enjoyed the unleashed force power of Starkiller, but maybe it was a little too much power. The balance of force power and lightsaber skills were just right to me, though.
But as far as I know Cal has close to zero force abilities, which makes total sense since he's a padawan. Does he develop his skills throughout the story?

- Philipp 

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 02:25:51 AM »
As far as I can tell by the gameplay I've seen so far, I really like this game! Love all the different environments, new characters and the overall gameplay maybe even because it takes so much from all the great games that already exsist! Also all the creatures are awesome! Some are extremely hard to beat, especially those acid spiders, but the designs are plain awesome!
Let's hope Hasbro continue to pay attention to this game and give us some of those creatures in 1/18 and 1/12 scale!
I'm actually watching Part 5 of the game play of Star Wars Theory as I'm writing this. The dialogues are great and I also like that the face of the second sister is revealed in this game.
So many positives! I don't know about any negative as of now.
I can imagine that the size of the maps and the amount of creatures get a little redundant as it feels to me in KotOR.
Btw the design of the maps is excellent - so much variation and attention to detail! Also I like the layout/interface of how the map is shown (3D).

Looks like this game is an ABSOLUTE WIN to the Star Wars universe.
Cheers!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 04:30:02 AM »
Well, I've played through the entire game (on baby padawan noob difficulty :D ) and will now try a level harder. The gameplay is great. Of course, a lightsaber wielding Force user is a powerful character and can slice to any type of creature, but Respawn really leveled this out perfectly. It's great that you start off with minimal powers and gradually become stronger. It's all about parrying and dodging, not mindlessly hammering your enemies with your saber and Force powers. Really well done.

The environments/worlds are mind boggling. Great locations to run around in and explore. I hope we'll get DLC's soon, with more missions and worlds. And maybe an arena DLC? That was fun to do!

I love the remarks by the Stormtroopers, especially the Scout Troopers and regular ones. Like "I hit him!... Why did I do that?" :D The go from highly confident to shaking in their boots in an instant!

Funny thing is, I always try to position those Purge Troopers near the edge of a bridge, platform, cliff, so I can Force push them off of it :D

What I don't really like is the contents of the crates. After ten crates I got bored with yet another poncho or paint job. Doesn't really add anything to the game experience. And constantly back tracking the whole way to the Mantis is also a bit tedious.

Other than that, I think Respawn did a wonderful job on this. Now I want them to reboot the Republic Commando game. How cool would that be?

Offline Vadersfist

• Ensign
    • Collectors Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 07:58:03 AM »
Ah I absolutely love this game. Now the EA Battlefront 1 and 2 games really disappointed me cause i wanted just to play by myself and that be it. I'm not a multiplayer on any game whether it be SW or TF or anything i love in games. I respect those games but SW games need to be 1 on 1 as George Michael said if you get that reference I'm talking about.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 08:29:25 AM »
I need to get this game. I mean just for the bearded walker fun in the first part!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 04:18:39 AM »
Jedi: Fallen Order is actually a great game! Finally a good one after so many years...thanks Respawn Entertainment!

Here's the review of The Act Man on YouTube:

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 01:25:00 AM »
I must admit, my enthusiasm for JFA took quite a plunge over the past months. While the game at first is really awesome to play through, for me the replay value has really diminished. Of course, we got a few new lightsaber colours and things like that, but that novelty wore off pretty fast.

It would have been cool to get new locations and missions or even that arena as a DLC, but if I heard right, there are no plans for that.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 02:53:42 AM »
Mr.Black: Thanks for your feedback! The lack of replay value might also be the reason why so many people have been selling their Fallen Order games on ebay. It's fallen to 15-20€ for XBOX One by now. And I'll get one used when I've more time again in April 2021.