Author Topic: Rebel pilots  (Read 3174 times)

Offline leebo

• Cadet
Rebel pilots
« on: January 04, 2020, 11:56:20 AM »
Long time lurker :)
Here are some pilots I have worked on over the years. Most are super articulated and consist of minor head and hand work. In one case I also did some leg work. There are a handful I picked up from others over time.

I'm working on a few more, but this was the first chance in a long time I was able to set them up in a display. Hope you enjoy.

Offline leebo

• Cadet
Re: Rebel pilots
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 11:57:58 AM »
Forgot to add this last one.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 12:02:52 PM »
Wow, that's a massive collection of Rebel pilots! In fact one of the biggest I've ever seen so far! You can man an entire fleet with those. Love all the custom figures in there - taking a look at your pictures is a true adventure! I especially love the grey Mon Cal and the custom ground transport vehicle as seen in ESB!
Thanks for sharing your collection! Did you get Jabba's Palace Playset on clearance recently?

Offline leebo

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 12:07:51 PM »
Thanks!
I got Jabba's Palace Playset at full price, after refreshing the Walmart page many times when it was scarce. The ground transport vehicle I got from Hole in the Ground some time ago, but haven't added any weathering details or the included decals.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 12:18:27 PM »
That's really awesome! Never got anything from Hole in the Ground yet, but it's great what they're doing! Hope I can get into 3D printing myself in about 10 years from now. I'll save money for a printer and Software, then.

I think the playset it worth every single penny - even at full price. It's sad to see so many collectors wait for clearance these days. I got one from the UK for 50 Pounds (about 60€) and a second one for 65€ (about $73) from Amazon France. It's hard to get here in Germany anyway so I bit into that lemon.
So good to see you back around, leebo!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 05:32:20 AM by Darth More »

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 01:26:26 AM »
Great Scott! That’s... a lot of pilots. I love seeing the alien races represented, but that mechanical fellow in the righthand corner has me the most excited. ;) What an excellent Leebo custom! Reminds me that I’ve been wanting to make a Guri for a while now since we’ll surely never again see official SotE figures made.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 07:14:57 AM »
Wow, now that is awesome. Speechless I am!

Let me go get some of this on the front pages and try to leave some better comments later.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline hydra

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 04:22:37 AM »
Hello,
There are no words to say how awesome your collection of Rebel Pilots is !! I saw one picture on FB first and have decided to register here especialy to see it. Great!!
Let the Force be with You guys!

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 09:06:53 AM »
I really like to Gotal on the front row of the last picture.  I would lave to see close ups of some of these, especially the aliens.  Great work.

Offline leebo

• Cadet
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 12:13:59 AM »
Thanks all!

I am fond of Gotal as well, it's one of my favorites. When I get a chance I'll get some close up shots of some of the aliens and Leebo as well.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 03:05:35 AM »
hydra: Welcome aboard! I'm glad you joined us on here! May the force be with you, too!

leebo: Gotal is awesome! So many easy, but effective head-swaps! They all look awesome together among with all the hard-to-find pilots of Comic and Evolution packs! Your Collection is epic! I hope Hasbro will repack the Ground Crew Vehicle in The Vintage Collection. And I need to check out Hole in the Ground Productions now.

Offline leebo

• Cadet
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 05:12:25 PM »
I added a few more pilots and shifted around some of them after they fell  :)

Offline leebo

• Cadet
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 05:15:13 PM »
Also, here are some close ups.

The leebo was created a long time ago soon after the Force Unleashed figures were released. It was likely one of my first custom figure attempts and you can still see a little bit of the crazy glue reflecting light.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 07:20:41 AM »
Off to the front pages again. I really like seeing the alien rebel pilots.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »
Also, here are some close ups.

The leebo was created a long time ago soon after the Force Unleashed figures were released. It was likely one of my first custom figure attempts and you can still see a little bit of the crazy glue reflecting light.

It's an excellent looking figure. I'd love to see SotE revisited by Hasbro with modern tech but know it'll never happen. They hardly produce figures from current media... And that Chian head on the pilot's body is the cutest bizarre thing I've seen today.