Author Topic: Jodo's Customs: Selfie Custom Completed! 8/14/2019  (Read 20615 times)

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
Jodo's Customs: Selfie Custom Completed! 8/14/2019
« on: September 05, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »
I haven't been on the forum for what seems like forever, so how about some custom figures to celebrate?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:38:51 PM by Jodo »

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
Rogue One Custom 3.75 SA Bodhi Rook
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 08:05:56 PM »

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: Rogue One Custom 3.75 SA Bodhi Rook
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 10:53:33 PM »
great work, a real look-a-like!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Rogue One Custom 3.75 SA Jyn Erso (Eadu)
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 02:41:19 AM »
Now that is the way to come back. Very nice customs. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Rogue One Custom 3.75 SA Jyn Erso (Eadu)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:14:23 AM »
Great work mate and welcome back.

Ron

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Jodo's Rogue One Customs: Partisan Scout Trooper Rebel (9/6)
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »
Thank you all! ;D It's good be back and doing custom work to boot!

I have always wanted a figure of this guy (gal?). This is probably my favorite character design from Rogue One, and I wish we could have seen some more of them in the movie. It is just a shame to me that we didn't get more articulated RO figures, but given we didn't even get all the main characters, I don't think the Partisan Scout ever stood a chance at being produced. I decided a while ago to make this figure, but didn't have the time to ever do it, nor did I really have a plan once I started...

The parts are combination of a few things. The arms, torso, and modified "skirt" are from a Naboo Pilot. The legs were from my fodder box. The helmet is from a SA Scout Trooper, and the black peg was transplanted onto the Naboo Pilot torso to hold it. The gloves are from a Dak Raltar TBS figure. The shoulder armor was actually a chunk of a 5 POA Cassian leg I had laying around. All the paints were ones I mixed up myself, since I couldn't find adequate colors for anything. Finally, the main ingredient was a LOT of detailed painting and patience. Something I have neither the skill nor...Patience for.

I used this guy's reference images to go by, which are about 1/3 of the way down the page:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89640

Partisan Scout Trooper Rebel:

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 01:55:36 PM »
I agree! What a comeback! And such a great way to celebrate it! Last week I watched Rogue One, again and I was reminded of what a great movie it actually is. FialaFernbrugg and I talked about it recently and we both agree: It's the best Disney Star Wars Movie by far compared to the three others...

Jyn looks great! I really like the parts you used and the footage is fun, too!

Bodhi Rook even tops this. I wonder when Hasbro will release a SA version of him. But yours looks amazing! Honestly, I cannot imagine how he could look any better! Which sculpt did you use for his head? Also the goggles, the best - everything about this custom is just awesome! The resolution of your pictures is also stunning by the way! I really like all the action footage to your customs!

Now, the Partisan Scout Rebel Trooper knocked me off the chair! You did a fantastic job on this one, too! Did you use an orginal Scout Helmet or is it a resin cast? Thank you for sharing the recipe! I've seen quite a few figures, but I just couldn't identify the torso...all I know is, it looks incredibly good! Thanks for also sharing the link of your reference source! Will you also make a SA Edrio a.k.a. Two-Tubes?

If you don't have the patience for detailed painting as you say...well, whatever it is you got - it paid off!

I also commented on the Art deWhill's latest artwork, Krennic's arrival, and I also got 3 projects for Rogue One alone on my to-do list. And I'm really enjoying all the current dedication for Rogue One!

It's good to have you back aboard! Thanks for sharing these excellent customs with us!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:03:12 PM by Darth More »

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 03:02:49 PM »
Very cool! Would you mind if i copy your erso recipe?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 02:45:30 AM »
Wow nice Scout. Off to share that one too.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 12:05:08 PM »
Darth More, I agree 100% with you. For me, Rogue One is the clear front runner of quality writing, creativity, and acting in the Disney SW Universe. I dare say that it is my favorite Star Wars movie generally, next to A New Hope. Since we only got four articulated figures for Rogue One, I knew I had to take matters into my own hands. Initially, I was hesitant to do any of them because I didn't want Hasbro to turn around and make something I poured all my time into, but I'm pretty confident that ship has sailed.

The Scout Trooper helmet on the partisan is from an original SA figure, but it did come from a wholesale seller in China, so it's origins might be a bit dubious.

I think the next figure I am going to tackle is the Cassian in the blue parka, since I also love that costume so much. I have all the parts for it already, I just need time to mix the blue paint and actually be able to paint it as well. I'm hoping next weekend offers an opportunity. However, Two-Tube and his brother are both on my list to make,and so is Krennick. I actually have a pair of rebels set aside to make into Blue Squadron pilots as well.

Thanks again for the feedback!!!

GhostSkull18, thank you, and definitely go for it! I absolutely love that outfit, so I would love to see someone else's figure of that costume as well!

Tamer, as always, thank you so much for sharing and supporting the hobby with this site. It's not often a forum and website like this one supports its users' content, and you go above and beyond for all of us. It's truly a pleasure to be a part of this community!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 06:47:43 AM »
I appreciate the comments. I am just appreciative great artists like you share your work here.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 12:41:16 PM »
Really nice work Jodo. Jyn and Bodhi are well done. The articulation is excellent on each of them. I really like how the partisan trooper turned out, good paint apps and the addition of the shoulder armor is excellent. Good job.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 01:48:45 AM »
I can only agree with Darth More. Your latest figures are amazing.
The Partisan Scout Trooper is my favorite. The equipment and weathering looks very realistic.
I just like the idea that the rebels used some of the captured equipment in their fight against the empire.

Excellent work.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Jodo's Rogue One Customs: 5 POA Bodhi Rook on Eadu (9/16)
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 02:39:39 PM »
Thank you all!!!

Here is another Rogue One figures I threw together. It's quite a simple one...5 POA Bodhi Rook with a 5 POA Jyn poncho, painted with the colors I mixed for the above articulated figures. I just liked this one since it was obscure and I had the parts to quickly do it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Jodo's Rogue One Customs: 5 POA Bodhi Rook on Eadu (9/16)
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 02:58:36 AM »
Another nice one. Off to share this one too.