Author Topic: Clonehead's dioramas  (Read 77210 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's dioramas
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »
Found a couple of pics of my snow mando posed with that atat/gm trooper on his little dio.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »
Just package those up and send em Clint!

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
Do you still have the first snow mando, Clint?
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2009, 08:56:30 PM »
  LOL, I got a good chuckle out of that one. ;D
   Yes, John, He is out in front on one of the shelves in my display case. I'm glad that you let me have him back as he is still one of my favorites.

I've still got him, the red comic book arc with the bacura helmet, a jungle camo atte gunner with bacura helmet, and two scorches. One snow camo and the other, jungle camo.  Those are the complete ones still in my possession.
  There are also at least 4 incomplete ones around here. I just found another one today based on a saga Death star gunner.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 12:46:37 AM »
I found some pics of another snow dio that I did where I had a clone wars kenobie fig that I made from an rots clone with a Ben head that was interchangable with the helmeted clone head and a scratchbuilt cape, posing over a freshly hewn super battle droid. I had cut parts of the SBD's limbs off, added interior details, and painted neon orange to simulate glowing hot metal from a light sabre cut.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:51:18 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2009, 12:48:08 AM »
A couple more shots of that dio. I will post some shots of the figures in the customs thread, tomorrow.

Offline Darth Revenge

• Living Dead Sith
  • Colonel
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2009, 11:39:26 AM »
Droid's cuts are really good   :P
Living Dead Never Die - There is no death, only the Dark Side

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »
Thanks DR! I had a lot of fun doing that one. Here are a couple of more pics of that dio. In these photos, another snow clone that I had done around the same time made it to help the clone General with his dirty work.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »
Man, the lightsaber cut droid is over the top Clint! Where have you been hiding that one! I love the snow camo airborne too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2009, 01:18:24 PM »
Thanks buddy! I just found those pics last night. That one came and went probably a year and one half ago. The cuts on the SBD was just an idea that I had on how to use the neon paint before I started using it for the visors and lightsabers.  I will post some more pics of the snow camo airborne in the customs thread.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »
  LOL, I got a good chuckle out of that one. ;D
   Yes, John, He is out in front on one of the shelves in my display case. I'm glad that you let me have him back as he is still one of my favorites.

I've still got him, the red comic book arc with the bacura helmet, a jungle camo atte gunner with bacura helmet, and two scorches. One snow camo and the other, jungle camo.  Those are the complete ones still in my possession.
  There are also at least 4 incomplete ones around here. I just found another one today based on a saga Death star gunner.
Some time after I started to paint one up to resemble that mando only thing is he dosnt have the gm/fett helmet, just the fett and havent gotten around to making the cape either. When you asked to keep it I totaly understood I tryed the making and selling thing but never could bring my self to part with them. Dont get me wrong I did part with a few but still to this day have in the back of my head to re-clone them.
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
I hear you there, buddy. I always had in the back of my head that I would re-make the ones that I let go as well. But it always seems funner to try something new.
  I sure had a ball making and selling them but I sure miss some of those creations as I have said.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2009, 07:53:01 PM »
john had mentioned the camo Cody fig that I did some time ago so I dug out some pics of him and his little diorama that, like a couple others I have made since then, I made using the ATTE gunner's jungle type figure base.
  I just painted the base up to hide the shiny factory finish, added some woodland scenics static grass with a mix of water and white glue, drilled some holes for sticks, glued on some fine leaf foilage, and then touched it up with acrylic paint.
  The first shot shows the dio before the fine leaf foilage was added.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2009, 07:56:11 PM »
A few shots of the fig on the dio. At this point, this had been the best jungle dio that I had created, for SW figures anyway. I was pretty juiced about it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »
A few more shots. I should have kept this one, also. I think that I am all out of ATTE gunner bases.