Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 99147 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of Toy Fair 2020
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2020, 06:23:06 AM »
A new season of The Clone Wars is upon us. Could another re release of the old favorite, The Republic Gunship/LAAT be forthcoming?
Kind of lame, I know, I caught myself wondering this yesterday and what it would cost at today’s prices verses the last release we seen.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #331 on: January 29, 2020, 11:15:46 PM »
The obvious question is "why has Hasbro not released in TVC figures they released in TBS (e.g. Cal Kestis, Jannah, Dryden Vos and especially "The Child")?

More generally, why does Hasbro seem reticent to give us much new TVC product? There are cross-over characters from Solo to The Mandalorian, so why not make some of those?

On a more positive note: Could we please have a 1:18 scale Razor Crest?

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #332 on: January 31, 2020, 03:58:26 AM »
THIS MUST BE SAID TO EVERY REP BOTH IN FRONT OF THE NEWS MEDIA AND TO EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE PRESENT:

1. YOU FAILED 3 3/4
2. NO GIMMICKS aka "junk grab lines"
3. "THREE" SCALES ONLY
        - 3 3/4
        - 6 inch
        - Micro Machines
        - 12 inch (*of 3 3/4)

AlSO TELL THEM:

NO MORE "MYSTERY RELEASE" NON-SENSE. SHOW THE PRODUCTS ASAP AND INSTANTLY OFFER PRE-ORDER (TO GAUGE PRODUCTION... THIS WAY YOU CAN GIVE US THE BEST PRODUCTS AND AVOID DJ/ROSE/JYN/SNOKE WAREHOUSES AGAIN).

THE VINTAGE COLLECTION: Make the entire line the vintage tri-logo design from the 80's with as little text as possible (character names only). Show on back of card ALL AVAILABLE products/line! 😵😵 finish the missing characters from the org line as exclusives and RE-LAUNCH... no numbering (Just re-fresh of character image for each time its re-released). ALSO drop the entire vehicle MSRP or make it exclusive only to whom/whenever... Also drop included figures for same reasons. Also re-brand the line: "Collector Series" To consumers.

6 INCH: CHOSE a number and end the Black Series line. Re-brand it the "Action Collection" or "Power of the Force (3)" this would combine: Collectability, nostalgia, focus and 100% support as the flagship line.

3 3/4: Is called just STAR WARS. As a budget line ("5 POA") you only have the character name/movie as a sticker on the package's bubble... Attached to a mini "vintage" cardback. The back reads or lists products, no pictures. The item also has no tray since the figure is tied to card. The figures for this line should also have zero or little accessories. Molded weapon hands are fine IF sculped nice AND "removable". The idea is $5 MSRP (forever) this way you bring back binge/lot purchases since sales would offer even more savings aka more product moving. By shipping army builders / chases in each assortment the main or "focus characters" would still be plentiful (for current push) but not overflowing. Aka everyone wants MANDO, B.YODA or TROOPERS but ya don't need overstock (TFA/TLJ/RO/SOLO history)

Also multipacks' need to return in full swing. All lines. Only make them sensible or if $$$ exclusive SIZEABLE (imagine a Haslab/Pulse: That offered 20 Stormtroopers + an large accessory or exclusive figure) the packaging for this line could also be diorama based (or included) cardboard.

MICRO MACHINES need to return permanently as a line. The MSRP needs to be honestly reassessed and so does the selection. This should be the 100% no brainer impulse/cash-grab line since that is why you bought it (and Galoob). Children and adults love small things soooo just pump it out. The details of the modern MM line (TFA/RO) are great but ya don't need to go far: The Original MM line was basic with wonky paint but that's fine since its all tiny.

RETRO: RE-BRAND as "KENNER COLLECTION" make the line a carbon clone of every single thing RE-ACTION/SUPER7 has done. Re-release character's in any and every variant. As long as MSRP doesn't go crazy, Kenner collectors will buy/support practically anything in this "museum line". The skies' the limit since this line would be both consumer and collector friendly: since its 100% nostalgia based. Also this line (heck ANY line) can be shipped in replica white-mailer boxes with figures in Kenner baggies - for both on-line or exclusive sales... That would drop both MSRP and production times.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 04:33:18 AM by (SID) »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #333 on: January 31, 2020, 04:16:33 AM »
A lot of nice stuff in the last few posts I so agree with.

After seeing Ron's work on the Ultimate Indy I have this question:

How about this idea? Take one or two 3.75" action figures and give them the "ULTIMATE" treatment. I mean packing them with accessories, weapons, extra appendages, face sculpts, dio pieces, etc. and really trick them out. Put this all in a vintage package and folks would go nuts for it.

I could even see doing this for perhaps one 3.75" and one 6" figure a year. Of course it would be a higher price point, but I think folks would really dig it.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #334 on: January 31, 2020, 06:35:37 PM »
I have only have two questions for Hasbro. When do we get to see 6" line of Indiana Jones figures? these would sell just as good or even better then the SW 6" line as there are not just Indiana Jones collectors out there that would buy them.

Also with the SW 6" line or any line of figures you produce stop giving the figures those crappy double jointed knees and elbows. Back in the 80's early 90's the double joints were good but this day and age they look ridiculous, they make the figures unstable over time as the plastic you use is to soft and the knees bend and warp.

Give the figures ball joints this makes the figure way more stable and also more pleasing to the eye as the joints blend in with the rest of the body.

So come on Hasbro start thinking out side the box for a change and start listening to the fans and not the so called experts you have working for you as they have no idea what the fans want.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #335 on: February 16, 2020, 05:59:04 AM »
So after asking questions for a while and not getting any specific answers, I just started to make suggestions. And here are some that I didn't think of back in December:

General Questions:

1) What happened to the #TheVintageConversation, which Steve (Evans) started on Instagram back in 2018? Does it/Did it have any impact on current decisions?

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10412.msg205404#msg205404

The Vintage Collection

1) Is The Vintage Collection focused on The Empire Strikes Back this year and maybe the following year, too?
The answer has to be YES!

2) When is the promised Jabba on his Throne coming in The Vintage Collection?

3) Where is Greedo? We had not got any Greedo in 10 years! Please, give us a Greedo on Vintage card! What about Hammerhead?

4) Figures! Here are some suggestions for TVC figures of The Empire Strikes back:

- Imperial Snowtrooper
- Lobot
- General Rieekan
- Bounty Hunters! Bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, IG-88 (make a good one!)
- Lobot
- unreleased TLC Ugnaught 2
- AT-AT Driver - New, TBS scale-down or TLC Repack
- Rebel Commander (Hoth)
- FX-7 Medical Droid on VC card

- unreleased TLC2 Captain Rex

- Plase, make a super-articulated version of the Jedi Temple Guard.
Let's show them a photo this time:

5) We've received some great choices for Expanded Universe (now LEGENDS) characters in The Vintage Collection of 2010-2012. How are the chances to see this section continue? What about a Satele Shan?

She would also be a great addition to the new 6" Black Series Gaming Greats line (for GameStop)!

Disney should like her, too, since she's a good & female character unlike their own!

6) What happened to VC150 Darth Revan? Are we getting an all-new Version of this great character in The Vintage Collection? Maybe a Sith and Jedi version as the 6 Inch line received to the total surprise of everyone?

7) What about a Special Action Figure Set of Knights of the Old Republic videogame including 3 figures:
An all-new Darth Malak, Bastila Shan (photo real update) and HK-47 (TLC B-A-D repack)?

8) Good choices for re-releases/repacks in TVC box/packaging:

Vehicles:

- SOTDS AT-ST (Hoth)
- SOTDS Bespin Cloud Car
- re-issue: TVC Slave I
- re-issue: TVC AT-AT (Hoth) BAT-AT
- re-issue: TVC Big Millenium Falcon (BMF, don't forget the right dish!)
- Please bring back those turrets from 2010!

Are we going to see the Imperial Shuttle (Tydirium) return in The Vintage Collection?

Figures:

- VC01 Dengar

NEW STUFF

WE NEED MORE STUFF FROM THE MANDALORIAN!!! In BOTH lines - TVC & TBS! Please!

Suggestions:

Please, give us finally The Emperor on his throne! Even if you just scale down The Black Series Version, but please - JUST DEW IT, NOW!

Playsets:

- Yoda's hut
- Carbon Freezing Chamber
- Hoth Trench (Vintage sytle playset/remake of the original Kenner one?)

Vehicles and Creatures

- Are we getting a Probe Droid for The Vintage Collection?
- Please, bring back Han Solo and his Taun Taun!
- What about a TVC Wampa? Or is the last ForceLink2.0 Wampa just fine?

- an ALL-NEW A-Wing for TVC! Do it Hasbro, pleeease!

More ideas here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10358.msg204231#msg204231

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10615.msg212408#msg212408

HasLab

Any news on a second Star Wars HasLab Project?

What about a new, to scale Republic Gunship? In 1/18 scale it needs to be bigger than the only one we got since 2002, which is in 1/24 scale. The final Season of The Clone Wars would be a great Occasion, right?

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10481.msg207008#msg207008
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 05:42:41 AM by Darth More »

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2020, 05:56:20 AM »
I went through the recent Topics, again and here are three Questions we had in common, which also burn on  my tongue the most:

1) Why do you neglect The Vintage Collection so drastically compared to The Black Series 6 Inch line?
Will we ever see it at full power again with the variety and amount of products that you gave us between 2010 and 2012?

2) Unfortunately the plastic of army-builders like Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers are sensitive to daylight. Only their torsos turn yellow over time and ruin the entire figure by doing so. This is especially a pain in the neck when unique Troopers that were only released once in one line/pack turn yellow by the sunlight. Are you aware of ths problem and are you doing anything to prevent this phenmomenon in the future? Is the latest TVC Stormtrooper from Rogue One resistant against yellowing?
Figures have increased in price quite a bit over the last decade. They are sold for $12.99 in the U.S. and 18,99€ in Germany by now. That's more than for some Black Series 6 Inch figures. There has to be a material for the Torsos at this price tag, which is more resistant against light.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10634.msg213148#msg213148

3) Which materials do you use for soft goods on the figures? And how do you cut them without causing any fray to the fabric?

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10179.msg207218#msg207218

I hope it's not too late to turn these questions in. Thank you, Tamer.

- Philipp
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 06:12:46 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2020, 04:00:02 AM »
Ok, this is the cut off thread for Toy Fair. I have to get em sorted and sent.

Any questions in here after this post we will ask our next go (probably SDCC). Thanks for submitting em folks.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #338 on: April 30, 2020, 12:18:14 PM »
Guys, I just got an email invite from Hasbro to do a google handout with them next Thursday and I will be able to ask 5 questions. The thing is I have to send em in by tomorrow so I need em quick. I am gonna let you pick the questions. Post away!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #339 on: April 30, 2020, 06:27:03 PM »
Kind of short notice. It all depends on what they reveal tomorrow on their live stream thing, it's supposed to be some big reveals. At this point personally I am bewildered and bored with the repacks for TVC. So my question is, what's with all the repacks for TVC? The last comic Con they just revealed the GONK droid. How are people supposed to get excited about that? Yeah some people really wanted to see that figure on card, to be closer to the original Kenner, but c'mon. They could have revealed the K2SO at least. If they reveal something exciting and unexpected then I retract my question. However I am highly dubious.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2020, 02:04:53 AM »
Question:

Will we see more Clone ARC Troopers in The Vintage Collection (for example Echo & Fives from The Clone Wars or other ARC Troopers from the Expanded Universe)?

———————————————

This question is inspired by forum member dax415, which we discussed here a couple weeks ago:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?PHPSESSID=0101a91e0f5de04add2dea0040034326&topic=10759.0

- Philipp
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 02:13:57 AM by Darth More »

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2020, 03:13:25 AM »
Tamer: other than that we can still take all the questions above your latest post on this page ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #342 on: May 01, 2020, 06:56:52 AM »
Trust me between here and our Facebook Page I have well over five questions.

And yes they are doing the Hasbro Pulse Facebook Page live at 12 noon today.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #343 on: May 01, 2020, 10:06:44 AM »
So let’s go back to the lab again and have a discussion on that Facebook livestream...

That Han in Carbonite in 6“ on Vintage card is awesome and the best thing about these 60 minutes of waisted lifetime.
Man, did all the scalpers of that Comic Con Boba & Carbo Han 2-Pack hate this announcement - loved it! Will the price drop from $300 now? Probably & finally!
This artificial limited and shorted supply of good stuff by Hasbro just SUCKS!

And TVC? Wow, we got 1 single announcement of YET ANOTHER REPACK! Luke in Stormtrooper disguise!
When you think it cannot get any more FRUSTRATING!

Oh, and Patrick said at the end The Vintage Collection is his favorite collection. That was a good joke. I punched myself that good it was...

That new updated TBS Stormtrooper is pretty nice though. Too bad they just won’t scale down any great 6 inch figures to 3.75 inch - like Darth Revan...

I now want my time back. The doorbell just rang for the fourth time...bye!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #344 on: May 01, 2020, 10:29:17 AM »
Lol someone asked if there will be an archive line for 3.75. TVC is the archive line for 3.75. I hope I don't do permanent brain damage from shaking my head and rolling my eyes so much. What's funnier is the Fans choice you get to choose the next repack!!! Yay!!. I just don't know what to say.