Author Topic: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE 2019-09-04 K-2SO**  (Read 120562 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE: Troopers in Oil**
« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2011, 03:50:16 PM »
I do love your loose style to painting, Art. It's all about the brush stroke.

you know that besides the digital realms I am a true and loving oil painter and again I find action figures very useful as models :) one of my personal long term projects is a series of trooper oil paintings, done in my favorite loose style. I finished this one a few months ago and right now I can only show you a detail of the painting for the German Star Wars fan club has the exclusive rights on it and though I should not publish anything at all I believe showing only a detail at a specialized forum like this one is not a harming to the agreement - and its the only way to discuss my ideas using this medium and maybe get some pushes to carry on. the painting measures 60 x 80 cm (23.6 x 31.5 '') Hope you enjoy :)

sidekick story: though this is still my first oil painting  out of the series and I own some good troopers I already ordered some new ones for 100 bucks or so at my favorite online store to expand my collection of patient models ;) just couldnt resist... for originally I only wanted to buy the new TCW Shaak Ti and a Shock Trooper for my son...

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2011, 05:57:01 PM »
Yet another wonderful masterpiece mate and always a pleasure to look at.

Ron

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2011, 01:37:46 AM »
hey guys, wow, thank you so much for all your wonderful comments!! again you made my heart smile and its so great to see that you do enjoy this painting style of mine. gives me the bravery to carry on with it.
Clonehead, you found wonderful words by saying "its all about brush strokes!, definitelly it is :)
Thanks, Tamer, for your understanding, its a very uplifting compliment to value it worth a fp feature, but that would be indeed to promintent.

Art

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:01:07 PM by Art deWhill »

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2011, 06:29:17 PM »
Wooow ai love that image man!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2011, 11:00:47 PM »
Wooow ai love that image man!

thank you very much, Captain, you just made my day :)

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »
Art, I love the oil painting, by any chance are there prints available for sale? I would proudly display that in the room that I devoted to Star Wars in my home.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2011, 01:07:58 AM »
Art, I love the oil painting, by any chance are there prints available for sale? I would proudly display that in the room that I devoted to Star Wars in my home.

VA, thank you so much for your special compliment, I am feeling honored!!
well, there is no print available in its original size, but I can offer a printable PNG file wich will result in a printout measuring approx. 23 x 17 inches @ 150 DPI, wich is quite fair, better would be a print @ 300 DPI in half the size.  you are familiar with all the technical printing stuff, I guess ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:12:17 AM by Art deWhill »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
I would love to have one of that Walker one you did!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2011, 10:22:31 AM »
Wieder ein atemberaubendes Kunsterwerk Stefan. Die Kashyyyk trooper sind phänomenal geworden.
Ich denke George Lucas wäre stolz es in seinem Wohnzimmer hängen zu haben.
Hut ab mein Freund.

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »

VA, thank you so much for your special compliment, I am feeling honored!!
well, there is no print available in its original size, but I can offer a printable PNG file wich will result in a printout measuring approx. 23 x 17 inches @ 150 DPI, wich is quite fair, better would be a print @ 300 DPI in half the size.  you are familiar with all the technical printing stuff, I guess ;)

Art, thank you so much that would be great! I have access to a hi-quality plotter printer that can accommodate a 23x17 size with no problems at all

Spookymufu

« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »
this is my fav out of all of them

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2011, 02:10:13 PM »
Art, your trooper image is so unusual, I find myself comparing it to early abstract paintings of flowers or Tuscan Landscapes. The crossover style is totally unique and I absolutely love your work. Please don't just show us your Star Wars art, I'd love to see your other works as I'm a huge fan of abstract art, however I rarely see it done well. You have a wonderful talent.

Just a few short words does your images no justice at all, they are in a class all their own. Once again I am so thankful you are with us, you bring a touch of grandeur to our proceedings.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2011, 01:05:51 AM »
again you guys see me speechless and overwhelmed by your uplifting comments and requests! I can't thank you enough for your appreciation of my work. I am deeply touched.

Jules, thank you so much for your wonderful warming words and insights, for valuing my crossover style so highly... its a great push and enourages me to really and boldly follow my ideas.

Hi Spooky, thanks, glad you like it! its a heavily reworked photo of a cosplayer wearing this Guarding outfit, I tilted it, painted the background and 1/3 of the figure.

Herzlichen Dank, Christoph! Tja, vielleicht habe ich mal Glück und GL sieht eines meiner Bilder :D

VA & Tamer, I will PM you a hyperlink to the printable files, but for I am new to Windows Live I am not sure if I did set up everything right... I am not a big Microsoft fan, but 25 GB free space attracted me to sign in...

VA, I discoverd that the file of the Kashyyk troopers is a JPG, not an PNG, you may have to do a smaller test printout first (?)
Tamer, I am excited about the fact that you asked for a print of my unleashed Walkers. But I can only provide you a version without the white frame and lettering, for I added this stuff to the web version only. Hope thats not a problem.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE: hemble's Indy**
« Reply #283 on: March 06, 2011, 10:42:04 AM »
well, time for an update ;)
its been a while since Ron asked if I could put create an artwork using one of his Indy figures. I was really delighted, for Raiders is still my all time favorite movie and I own ansd sometimes wear a Indy Fedora and of course I very much like Ron's fantastic creations.
So I looked for a suitable image on his website and went for a typical jungle scenery.  I didn't want to show a Harrison Ford but focused on the iconic outfit instead, so its part Ron's Indy and mine if you will. It was a bit tricky and caused some trouble to keep the balance between some realistic approach and the artifical toy look I always want to peep through my work, but finally here he is, The Man with the Hat:

Poster size image can be downloaded from my dropbox account.

Thanks for your time and feedback.
Art

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
Re: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE: hemble's Indy**
« Reply #284 on: March 06, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
sweet art
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words