Author Topic: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE 2019-09-04 K-2SO**  (Read 120533 times)

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
Re: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE: CloneSniper's Mando**
« Reply #255 on: February 10, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
Those re awesome images man!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #256 on: February 10, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
WOW! How can I put into words how brilliant this is? Artistic genius, masterpiece and epic are the first words that come to mind. Simply inspiring work. Your landscapes with just one figure are able to translate a story or make you think. It makes me dream about what is going on in the scene, I think he is hunting Wookies. Maybee just one Wookie Jedi, it can be whatever each person viewing the work wants. The light coming thru the trees is just awesome. As with every piece your use of color really make this one a mind blower.

Tom, I am glad to have transferred this honor to you. I now get to enjoy the fruits of both you guys labor so everyone wins!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #257 on: February 10, 2011, 11:38:53 PM »
Hi All

Art wrote
You already know that I prefer tworking on at least two projects at a time so I can switch between them if I got to a dead end. So while CloneSniper's Mando is coming to an end I am also working on Ron's Indiana Jones! Its been a while since Ron suggested an artwork of one of his 12'' customs, but hey, Raiders is my all time favorite movie so how could I resist  And NO, he will NOT look like Harrison Ford, I am not focusing on the actor but on the iconic outfit.

Mate really looking forward to seeing how Indy turns out and hey as you said it's the Iconic look that I love about him as well.

Your latest works are purely sensational, the detail you add is amazing to say the least and as I've said before the backgrounds you give each one is brillant and really adds to the design.

Ron

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2011, 02:44:18 AM »
i cannot thank you all enough for all your wonderful words about my artwork, all your detailed insights... I greatly appreciate your time you spend on watching and writing. Thank you thank you!!

yeah, those light FX to create mood... seems to be somekind of typical attribute :D I just love to do it. Indeed my images are just a starting point for the viewers imagination, his own story, everyone can interact with the image his own way, enjoy it his own way, spin off his own ideas.
And of course all my intention is to support your customs, they are the stars, and as you may have noticed though bringing in somekind of "real" looking surroundings and reworking the figures I always leave some hints on the toy character. This is what gives a wanted somehow artifical look, which brings excitement speaking of composition and attraction. Thats my style.

Tom, its so great to hear how you enjoy my translation of your wonderful figure and I am glad I could be of service to bring this Mando even more to life.
Yes, a true WIN WIN situation, always an intention of mine.

Art

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2011, 05:08:43 AM »
nice art!!!!!!should be in a museum

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:28 AM »

thank you, sir, thats really a kind compliment :)
well, maybe a museum for toy art - together with the customs from the yards, yeah I very much like this idea, sounds like a fantastic exhibiton to me.

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2011, 08:31:55 AM »

thank you, sir, thats really a kind compliment :)
well, maybe a museum for toy art - together with the customs from the yards, yeah I very much like this idea, sounds like a fantastic exhibiton to me.

I'm sure the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle Washington would be very interested in exceptional art work

http://www.empsfm.org/

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2011, 08:38:18 AM »
definitely another eye catcher Stefan
the image looks very lifelike
environment and weathering are very well done
one of your best so far

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #263 on: February 11, 2011, 08:56:50 AM »
I'm sure the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle Washington would be very interested in exceptional art work
http://www.empsfm.org/

now that would be cool...

definitely another eye catcher Stefan
the image looks very lifelike
environment and weathering are very well done
one of your best so far

thank you very much, Christoph!
I don't know if its better than the former ones, i put all my talent and efford, blood and tears into each piece, but every rendering pulls another string on our soul so we like one more than another... because of the figure, the colors, the scene...
anyway, its cool to hear that maybe I am really improving, so lets see where this path leads to :)

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE: Troopers in Oil**
« Reply #264 on: February 11, 2011, 10:43:50 AM »
you know that besides the digital realms I am a true and loving oil painter and again I find action figures very useful as models :) one of my personal long term projects is a series of trooper oil paintings, done in my favorite loose style. I finished this one a few months ago and right now I can only show you a detail of the painting for the German Star Wars fan club has the exclusive rights on it and though I should not publish anything at all I believe showing only a detail at a specialized forum like this one is not a harming to the agreement - and its the only way to discuss my ideas using this medium and maybe get some pushes to carry on. the painting measures 60 x 80 cm (23.6 x 31.5 '') Hope you enjoy :)

sidekick story: though this is still my first oil painting  out of the series and I own some good troopers I already ordered some new ones for 100 bucks or so at my favorite online store to expand my collection of patient models ;) just couldnt resist... for originally I only wanted to buy the new TCW Shaak Ti and a Shock Trooper for my son...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:34:35 AM by Art deWhill »

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #265 on: February 11, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
You definitely have talent. I like the painting.

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »
you know that besides the digital realms I am a true and loving oil painter and again I find action figures very useful as models :) one of my personal long term projects is a series of trooper oil paintings, done in my favorite loose style. I finished this one a few months ago and right now I can only show you a detail of the painting for the German Star Wars fan club has the exclusive rights on it and though I should not publish anything at all I believe showing only a detail at a specialized forum like this one is not a harming to the agreement - and its the only way to discuss my ideas using this medium and maybe get some pushes to carry on. the painting measures 60 x 80 cm (23.6 x 31.5 '') Hope you enjoy :)

sidekick story: though this is still my first oil painting  out of the series and I own some good troopers I already ordered some new ones for 100 bucks or so at my favorite online store to expand my collection of patient models ;) just couldnt resist... for originally I only wanted to buy the new TCW Shaak Ti and a Shock Trooper for my son...

Art OH MY LORD! that is just INCREDIBLE! I would love to have that on canvas and display it in my home! You are a very exceptional artist!!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »
Wow Stefan that is awesome. I would love to put that on the front page, but don't want to get you in any trouble!

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2011, 03:06:54 PM »
weeesh ! when i saw " troopers in oil " i thought , oh kayy I'll see if this isn't what i think it is . and then i saw that painting digi-thing i was absolutely stunned !

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #269 on: February 11, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »
That is awesome Art!