Author Topic: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE 2019-09-04 K-2SO**  (Read 120575 times)

Offline darknsour

• Captain
Re: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE 05-14-2011 Sandy WIP cont.**
« Reply #465 on: May 15, 2011, 06:19:55 AM »
Great Job!!!

She looks amazing!!!!!

I can totally believe she is part of the Star Wars universe!!!!

Great detail as always!!! Great face!!! She looks like she could be someone that we might have known !!!!

Very cool!!!

Another pretty lady who can be evil!!!!

Another great piece of art!!!

Rich

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #466 on: May 15, 2011, 07:13:24 AM »
Cool stuff.  Yeah, I can see her or another like her posing like Rosie the Riveter.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #467 on: May 15, 2011, 07:20:50 AM »
Amazing work my friend! I love the last version with the additional texture, just awesome! That propaganda poster would Rock! May I suggest a KRI colaboration? Nate would kill it! in a good way.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #468 on: May 15, 2011, 08:19:04 AM »
Wow Stefan, I love it.

On the front page.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #469 on: May 15, 2011, 01:38:28 PM »
Hey Rich, wow, you are really enthusiastic about her :) I am so glad seeing you are pleased and your words telling me how believable she is mean a lot to me! thank you so much, my friend.

@Jedi Minstrel: yeah, I guess I definitely will do some one of such propaganda poses or maybe a nose art chick :)

@Luke: thank you very much for your kind words! its very uplifting to see you responding so positive to my personal and favorite version :)
For I am not good in graphic design stuff I am absolutly with you regarding collaborative works. All the graphic wizards out there please feel free to fool around with this one :D

@Tamer: you comment brightend up my soul, thank you! And I bow my head for the fp feature, its so cool to see her there!!

BTW I have opened a Redbubble account to provide selected works as cards or posters. The handling is easy and I believe they have fair prizes. The most important thing is that I do NOT make any money with these prints. Of course like every artist I am open for a patronage ;) but fan art is non-commercial stuff and any other behavior would be a copyright infringement against Lucasfilm or other copyright holders!
All prizes namend on my account are simply the service costs as fixed by Redbubble. I will post updates on items on my facebook page - and my "Desert Rose" here will soon be available.

Again thank you all for your ongoing phenomenal support and for being a constant inspiration.

Stefan

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #470 on: May 15, 2011, 10:59:43 PM »
That's awesome news Art! Thrilled to hear about the opportunity to be able to own Sandy as more than just a bunch of pixels and digital code! Definitely going to order one for us here at AFE! Maybe it'd be possible to do a print with the original AFE photo on one side and the finished painting on the other? like a diptych? In other news you're up on the blog right now with a big front page feature on Sandy! http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/2011/05/desert-rose-final-cut.html

I also have a link up to this thread for my readers to click to and a link to your Facebook page. And once again, she's my laptop desktop :)

Awesome! So many updates tonight! Phew!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #471 on: May 15, 2011, 11:59:36 PM »
thank you so much, AFE, for all the fantastic support and all the honoring words about me on your blog, makes me blush, my friend :)

I am very proud of this painting myself, she jumped right onto my list of personal faves.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #472 on: May 16, 2011, 12:32:19 AM »
Hi Stefan

Mate I just spent the last 15 minutes looking over the final version and mate all I can say is that I don't like it at all, I F' 'in love it.

The smaller tutorial pics don't do it justice at all, the larger pic is amazing piece of art and there is more details in it that the eyes don't pick up until you look at it for a while.

I personally like the first version as it highlights the Tatooine atmosphere perfectly sun glare of the sun the dust in the air just amazing details. I 've even notice more things from before.

1: You can actually see the different strands of hair.
2: The eyes are just so life like with the lashes and pink flesh in the eyes.
3: The leather has that real worn look to it like leather should have being knocked about.
4: The armour has depth to it which really gives it more structure.
5: And Finally when you actually stand back from the pic it actually looks like a 3d model.

Ron

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #473 on: May 16, 2011, 02:19:03 AM »
Hi Ron,

my friend, what can I say... I am very grateful to read all your detailed insights and how you noticed everything, all the details I so very much take care of, which are important to me, I am proud of in this painting!! Thank you for your time, for sharing your thoughts and for putting this big smile on my face :) I am glad my painting was a joy to look at.
Thanks!

Stefan

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #474 on: May 16, 2011, 10:10:59 AM »
Wie bei all deinen Bildern bin ich auch von diesem Meisterwerk vollkommen begeistert.
Stefan du bist wirklich ein herausragender Künstler. Es ist jedesmal eine Freude deine Bilder zu sehen.
Meiner Meinung nach ist die "Wüstenrose" eines deiner schönsten.

another masterpiece Stefan
you are the Leonardo da Vinci of SW artwork

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #475 on: May 16, 2011, 10:35:35 AM »
Uhh wow, Christoph, I very much like this da Vinci compliment :)
thank you so much my friend!! I am glad you are pleased with my painting of this Desert Rose and to be honest, she jumped right into my heart as well. I am really happy how the painting turned out and cant believe I did this job!!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #476 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:47 AM »
for those who are interested my "print store" at redbubble is now open and ready to run:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/artdewhill/portfolio

First items are up and again: I do not make money with the prints, its just a printing service of my works with the prizing for making and shipping my items fixed by redbubble.
More added soon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #477 on: May 16, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »
I will get this link added to our hyperlinks section when I do an update.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #478 on: May 16, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
I will get this link added to our hyperlinks section when I do an update.

oh wow, unexpected this is.
thank you very much, Tamer. This would be a awesome service for the folks who requested posters and stuff.

Again I am really overwhelmed by all of the Yarders support, encouragement and the friendship!!
I raise my glass!!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: Art's Gallery ** UPDATE 05-29-2011 **
« Reply #479 on: May 29, 2011, 05:49:47 AM »
Project updates: started research for the poster project of AFE's Kixxy, the lesbian X-Wing pilot. Though his figure looks great I am thinking of heading in a new direcion regarding her face and hair style...

the already announced Rancor is coming very soon, also I am thinking of maybe doing a Shaak Ti Felucia-style and I guess its time to do a Republic Commando or special OPS Trooper in heavy combat gear, so I guess I have to start searching the Yard's archives...

I guess I will also re-establish my poster layout first introduced on my Lady Ice artwork. Using those white spaces combined wit a frame behind the character I can put the obligtory Lucasfilm copyright wording there and e.g a Yarder logo or any other logo eeded without any disturbing of my image... and my backgrounds don't have to be some sort of actual surroundings to the figure. But we will see :D

So its all about self-motivation I guess, still got no satisfying answer from the british club about the cards I am doing for them, how and when they will be published, if they will be promoted and things like that. Have two more to go but its all slow and hard to do them with fun at the moment...  on the other hand if the project can't be finished as planned I can still put another backbround behind the characters and make a new series of cards e.g for the yards :)
Also I was too trusty and finished a commissioned artwork for a guy who contacted me via facebook  but for which I now wasn't paid for... but doing the artwork was good practice so its just a lesson in life.

But enough bad thoughts, its a great sunny sunday, so lets enjoy it.

cheers, Art

EDIT:

most recent update: Close up of Kixxy's face. I decided to go for a more retro hair style, not too short, not too long... just different, I don't know how to describe it and why I went for it, I just think its right ;)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:43:46 PM by Art deWhill »