Author Topic: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures  (Read 43840 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2011, 03:47:20 PM »
I did see a pic of it, and it does have a removable helmet where Tony is wearing a hood but you see his face, and it's comic style - not movie style.  At least that's how it looked.  I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »
Sounds like an interesting sculpt.  I still want it, even tho it is not good for what I first had in mind.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2011, 09:35:59 PM »
Some thoughts on what we have seen.

Adam Warlock: Turned out well, I like it.
Thanos:  Looks like a different head, a cool deco, will be getting as he is part of the Warlock pack, but cool.
Gambit:  Looks like XMOW repaint with new head and scarf.  I kind of like it, people are hopeing for fixed wrist articulation but I am not holding my breath
Mr. Sinister: Recycleing of Colossus, but I do like it, looks like gambit is coming to the fold even if I didn't want him to. 
Psylocke:  YAY!  I admit she could be better, but not terrible at all. 
Quicksilver:  My fav comic pack from the Toyfair reveals but good to see.
Wonder Man:  See above
Astonishing X-Men Beast:  Wish it was more classic blue fur beast, but I will probably grab.
Magneto (Dark Purple/newer redux):  Better than I expected, looks like they are going for an Ultimate Magneto look there.  Some are scoffing this but I dig it, but not going out of my way for it. 
Captain Brittain (Original costume!):  Not something I would go ga-ga over, pass.
Avengers Box Set (like the X-Men 5-figure set):  Some cool mods here, Thor with exposed sides, Cap with "energy" shield, but not enough to make me want it. 
Astonishing Wolverine:  Pass, I am glad so many are happy, but I am soooo burned out on wolvie.  I have never been a huge fan of his Astonishing look anyway, he is kind of cool, but not cool enough for me to grab.  But then again I said the same thing about 1st app Wolvie.
Helmetless Juggernaut:  I like, but not sure about another Colossus, will think about it. 
Iceman (Clear): WOW it looks like his X-Factor uniform and I have to say I am surprized with this one, Will get. 
Kraven the Hunter: YES!!!!!
Beta Ray Bill:  HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL, LOVE IT!!!!!
HULK, AT LAST, the hulk I have wanted since this line began!!!!!!!!!
The Absorbing Man Like the variant, again not going out of my way for.  Will get if I ever see it.   

Phatty, where did you see Kang the Conquorer, I missed that one. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2011, 04:37:43 AM »
Ya know, I think it was Klaw, not Kang.  Sometimes I get my villains mixed up.  That also could have been one of their Legends that they're releasing.  I'll have to go back and look again, if I ever get around to posting those pics!

I have to agree with all of your assessments on the new ones we've seen.  It'll be a good year for MU in my opinion.  I just wish those comic packs were a bit cheaper.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2011, 06:21:31 AM »
Klaw is in the new legends figs so that makes sence.  I get makeing mistakes on characters names, I do it all the time, still when you said Kang I got kind of excited LOL. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
And wouldn't you know it?  I've been working (slowly) on a custom Psylocke and they are making her anyway!  Luckily, I'm not too far along and can change her to her X-Force colors to get that team rolling.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2011, 04:21:10 PM »
And let the hunt begin...

http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=14302

Variant Fantastic Four set, featuring Thing, Invisible Woman, and Mr. Fantastic in their Future Foundation costumes, to go along with the Future Foundation Spider-Man coming out in Wave 2 of 2012.  Good luck finding these since I haven't even seen any of the regular ones to begin with.

Also, I picked up a Cable and Jim Lee Cyclops today at Wal-Mart.  The Cable is for a custom in his X-Force colors, and the Cyclops is in case someone needed one.  Zed, did you need an extra?

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »
Nope, I got one and that was all I need, thanks for the offer. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »
I figure he's basic enough that I can use him for a custom base anyway, but if anyone needed one, I grabbed him just in case. 

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2011, 10:47:21 PM »
He has a great mold, one of the best Hasbro has produced for that scale so far, they are reusing it for DD, bullseye and Punisher in fact. 

Offline FlakBait

• Lieutenant
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2011, 06:58:25 AM »
Found X-23, Dr doom, Nighthawk at walmart this morning

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2011, 07:48:36 AM »
Nice score, nice to hear those are hitting pegs already!

My Wave 4 MU figs (Steve Rogers, Ultron, Darkhawk, Namor, and X-23) arrived on Wednesday, and I finally got my X-Force 3-Pack set this morning, and my Wave 5 MU figs are set to be delivered this afternoon!  Big Marvel week in my house, especially since I bought, beat, and am playing through the 2nd time, the new X-Men: Destiny game!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:03 PM »
And how about that??  Got my Wave 5 today, and what did I find in there?  The "iron skin" variant of Absorbing man!  Nice wave of Magneto, Absorbing Man, Astonishing Wolverine, Iceman, and Tony Stark Iron Man.  Truth be told, I'm not that huge of a fan of the Astonishing Wolvie or Tony Stark Iron Man.  The other 3 are pretty sweet though. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2011, 02:01:23 PM »
Sounds like a good Marvel Weekend for you Pat. I did see the two Marvel Three Packs last weekend at my bigger wally world and wondered if you had found those.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »
I haven't seen a 3-pack at retail yet.  I'm only looking for the Future Foundation (F4) set now though.