Author Topic: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures  (Read 44035 times)

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Re: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2011, 10:05:10 PM »
Mostly I love darkhawk, Strange and Falcon (already talked about apoc wave so that one is clear).

But the rest leave me cold, HATE the idea of Steve Rogers, I dispise repaints so Ultron and Doom fall short (nevermind I would have hoped some of the articulation issues with Doom would be fixes but he is a straight repaint), Skarr looks like Hulk in a wig, I actually laughed when I saw him.  I have always hated Scarlet Spider (Often refer to him as Spider-Bum), Never really been a huge Namor fan either.  X-23 leaves me cold, she reminds me of Marvel's joke character Wolverina. 

The Comic packs are better, but I hate the First Class one (Ugly Jean) and the Wolvie?Sabertooth one (Pointless IMO).   I have never been a full fan of that look of Capt. britan either (and I DON't need another spidey, I am beyond burnout there).  I like the Powerman and Iron Fist but wish IF had a better mold rather than the same one with some stuff added on. 

That's a rough rundown

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »
2011 Wave 3 is up for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store, set of 5 for $49.99.  Set includes:

1x Doctor Strange
1x Falcon
1x Scarlet Spider
1x Dr. Doom
1x Skaar

I ordered just the set of 5 instead of a whole case.  The whole case comes with 2 of each of these, plus a Gladiator and Apocalypse, but I'm already getting doubles of those two in my Wave 2 I ordered and promised to Zedhatch.  Since I have no custom use for these two, then I don't need a whole case!  Zed, you may want to get to ordering this before it goes away!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2011, 08:07:24 PM »
Hasbro Toy Shop actually had some things in stock this morning, and still have them tonight.  I picked up the Ghost Rider, Multiple Man, and Dark Hawkeye that I've been looking for.  Passed on Iron Man 2020 and Iron Spiderman.  Beats eBay prices, that's for sure!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2011, 04:13:17 AM »
I think I saw a lonely IM twenty twenty sitting on the pegs if he is the one with the spikey sprocket looking shoulders.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:36:46 AM by Tamer »

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2011, 07:04:52 AM »
I think IM 2020 is the most diapointing figure of the past two years. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2011, 08:47:14 AM »
Yeah, it was easy to pass on because 1. There is an entire Iron Man line clogging the pegs already, and 2. There is an Iron Man or Spider Man in just about EVERY wave that comes out anymore.  Plus, it was such a forgettable character, I can't believe that is the one they chose to make. 

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »
Actually it wasn't the overabundance of Iron Man, it was the fact that so little effort was done with the figure to make a cool representation of the old school villian (which is one I really liked even though I never liked most of his appearences cause marvel did so little with him). 

I mean an evil rendition of your relitive that inherits your company is booming with potential and Marvel never ever even tried with it IMO.

But the fig was lazy, even moreso than a straight repaint, there is where my problem with it was.  Hasbro is pretty lazy with this line anyway but they could have done soemthing (like making the gear arms a part of the fig rather than an attachment and doing more with the face rather than making him frown). 

But to be honest that whole wave was a bit of a letdown, not becuase of character selection but in execution.   Don't get me wrong I kept them, but I was expecting so much more at this point from Hasbro and it was like they took a step back. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2011, 07:33:53 AM »
Big Bad Toy Store has opened up preorders for 2011 Waves 4 and 5.

Wave 4:
Ultron x2
Darkhawk x2
Sub-Mariner x2
X-23 x2
Steve Rogers x2
Falcon x1
Doctor Doom x1

Wave 5:
Tony Stark Iron Man x2
Iceman x2
Absorbing Man x2
Astonishing Wolverine x2
Magneto x2
Sub-Mariner x1
Steve Rogers x1

Guardians of the Galaxy Pack:
Star Lord
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot

I'm pretty stoked for Darkhawk, Steve Rogers, X-23, and even Ultron in Wave 4, and Astonishing Wolvie, Magneto, and Iceman in Wave 5.  I ordered sets of 5 (the new ones) from each wave for $50, which is still more than retail, but so much easier than trying to hunt them down.  As for the GotG set, I was thinking of the original characters when the comic first came out, and the only one in this set that intrigues me is the Drax.  I may pick it up at retail if I see it, but if now, I'm not gonna be heartbroken.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2011, 09:18:34 PM »
X-23 and Darkhawk are my only interests in wave 4

Wave 5 WTF
Tony Stark Iron Man Am hoping this is unmasked Stark from the 3-pack (maybe with some alteration to avoid likeness issues with Downey), that's great if it is cause that was the only fig I wanted from the set.
Iceman Hoping this isn't a repack of either XMOW or Spidey 3-pack, I would really like a spikey armor and if this is anything but I probably won't care.
Absorbing Man We got doom so here is Absorbing man, only hope for this is if it is also a new "Absorbing" power (brick or something) but even then Idoubt I will grab it.  Pretty sure this will be a straight repack with slightly different colors though
Astonishing Wolverine My money is on a repaint of X-Force Repack, but I will probably pass.
Magneto With the track record we already have, I am betting SW repack with slighly different colors (Just like Doom). 

This wave gives credence to the rumors Hasbro is going to start flooding the market with repaints and rehashes, literally a possiblity of no interest in the whole wave here. 

GOTG 3-pack-Drax looks to be a repaint of Absorbing man mold, easy pass, Groot looks like a chia-Groot, Rocket Racoon is cool, I could care less about starlord.  Easy pass.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2011, 11:01:11 PM »
Hey guys I picked this up at TRU today on sale. It may be blasphemy, but I think I might customize Sabertooth into a Predator since he is bigger than normal figures.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2011, 07:42:05 AM »
I wish my TRU would put these on sale.  All I really want is the Sabertooth from that pack anyway!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2011, 07:52:02 AM »
That set was such and easy pass for me, I got those in XMO Wolverine line, I don't even think there is any difference in what was made in the originals at all. 

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »
That set was such and easy pass for me, I got those in XMO Wolverine line, I don't even think there is any difference in what was made in the originals at all. 
I hear ya. If it wasn't on sale I think I would have passed on it. I just wanted the big Sabertooth body for a custom.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2011, 07:12:06 AM »
I'm not sure if I should thank Hasbro, or just be excited, but here are just a few of the names I'll be hot on the hunt for...

Adam Warlock
Gambit
Psylocke
Mr. Sinister
Quicksilver
Wonder Man
Astonishing X-Men Beast
Magneto (Dark Purple/newer redux)
Captain Brittain (New version I've never seen!)
Avengers Box Set (like the X-Men 5-figure set)
AoA Wolverine
Helmetless Juggernaut
Kang the Conquerer
Iceman (Totally new sculpt and outfit from what it looks like)
Kraven the Hunter
Beta Ray Bill

The Absorbing Man, Magneto, and Doctor Doom are different in colors, at least.  There also appears to be alternate versions of Dr. Strange (Mystic Plane) and Absorbing Man (Black skin), so there are definitely a lot I'm looking forward to.  I'll be posting pics later when I have the chance.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2011, 10:17:15 AM »
Y'all let me know if the Tony Stark Iron Man has an unmasked Tony - I need that head!  In fact, you Marvel hunters, drop me a PM and I'll set you up with my cell # so you can email/txt me from the field upon first contact.  In fact, if you have a camera on your cell and could shoot a pic to send me when you see it, that would be awesome.

Scouts out!

(I know, Army thing even tho I'm a Marine.  But it was appropriate...  ;D )