Author Topic: Imperial Commando #2 Cancelled!!!!  (Read 4821 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Imperial Commando #2 Cancelled!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »
Well I got the first and I guess last book of this today. I haven't had a chance to get into it yet, but this will be read during my xmas break.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 08:28:49 AM »
I have the complete RC series of novels, the first two autographed by Karen.
She gave us a great (I consider it the best) storyline, great characters and besides "just" writing stories the language and a lot of detailed info about the Mandalorians. That's a hell of a lot more than all the other SW authors ever did.
It is all fiction, but she fleshed it out so well, it might as well be real.
I love that in a sci fi book.

Am I disappointed? You bet.
Is she disappointed? Probably, but her decision was absolutely right and trying to make IC2 in line with the canon changes would have left us with a novel which wouldn't have been what everybody expected it to be.

We have what she gave us and in my book it leaves us with countless possibilities for our Mando-verse as we prefer it to be. This, I am sure, will show clearly in the upcoming contest.
I never counted that cartoon series as real Star Wars anyway.

Kandosii Karen!  
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »
Great, just great. Now I have the complete RC/IC collection by ms. Traviss, only it's really not finished! Thank you mr. Lucas, thank you very much!

I'm off upstairs, continuing on my tribute to Karen diorama!

Mandalorians being pacifists.... guess we'll have to get the TotJ comics, Boba Fett comics and what not rewritten as well, eh?

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 08:01:31 PM »
I had told my friend about the whole situation, and let him read the link itself, and even he thinks the idea is ludacris, saying, "PACIFISTS?!,  PACIFISTS?!!!".  Just goes to show you no one likes what Lucas is trying to do.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline JonCC-1004

• Ensign
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 11:28:01 AM »
This is the worst news! I am kind of on a I hate Hasbro (for messing with the Clone Trooper mold with that stupid Commander Stone release) My son played with that figure for exactly 1 minute 21 seconds yeah I timed it after giving it to him to open and he comes to me and says " Dad the feet don't bend like the others" a 7 year old bummed out about his new figure sucks!

Now this news hits me when I just finished Order 66 last week and am now re-reading Hard Contact I was all set to get the new 501st IC book and still will BUT man how stupid is TCW and GL going with peace loving and pacifist Mando's

This canon change makes me MAD so mad I may stop buying TCW fig's if they continue down the no articulation molds, and 501st Imperial Commmando is  my last SW novel for a while.

NOT COOL G. Lucas and NOT COOL Hasbro.

Jon

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 02:02:21 AM »
Ugh, I just now found out that Traviss isn't going to give us the second IC book, and this makes me totally pissed off and makes me hate Lucas even more. F""k, who gives a s""t about canonity?  I sure as hell don't care... give the kiddies watching Clone Wars a lame-o pacifist Mandalore (which I thought was cheap looking anyways, OOH WE LIKE SQUARES), and let Karen keep going with her much more in-depth warrior-culture Mandalore. Who cares if it doesn't all line up perfectly (or even at all)? I'll let everyone who does care in on a little secret... it's all FICTION! It doesn't need to have a super iron-clad timeline in which nothing contradicts anything else, it just needs to be freaking entertaining!

Now don't get me wrong, I like continuity. I really do like that the majority of the SW universe all fits, it really does give it a very solid feel, but seriously. A few stories that have to be thrown out of the official timeline as being non-canon are not the end of the world... how many "Tales of the _____" stories don't fit? Aren't they worth reading and wouldn't everyone like to see more even if they're not canon? Lucas just needs to shut his fat mouth and let Karen finish her freaking book series, and guess what? EVERYBODY WINS! Lucas and Traviss both get paid, the fans get their ending (or at LEAST a little closure), and the canonophiles get something to gripe and whine about to their canonophile friends at their canonophile meetings. I swear, Lucas makes me hate Star Wars just a little more every day, and one day, if this crap keeps up, I'm totally just going to walk away in bitter anger.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 09:56:50 AM »
I don't care about the CW series and choose to ignore what's shown in those cartoons.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 01:18:54 PM »
Don't forget to sign the petition on the front page guys. Who knows what we can pull off.

Offline JonCC-1004

• Ensign
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »
Petition signed. My hope is we can all change this. I am sick the RC Series is destroyed. I am even tempted to sell off the majority of my TCW figs...
 I am sure after that Commander Stone non articulated mold I am done buying TCW for a long time!

Offline jenki87

• Ensign
    • My Custom photos
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 08:56:15 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=197222155858

i created a group on facebook for it... im hoping like to spread it that way... goes faster, further and through more people. after all i bet there are a lot of star wars fans on our friends list that we probably dun even know they are star wars fans.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 09:19:18 AM »
Good idea, Jenks!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »
good idea on the facebook thing.

Offline jenki87

• Ensign
    • My Custom photos
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2010, 06:03:09 AM »
could you guys join please? den i'll hand over the role of admin to you guys, but i'll try to update the page to make it 'lively' that way it will pop up more often on other ppl's pages as well

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2010, 06:20:14 AM »
Jenki, this is what I see when I hit that link

I stay Online waiting for You to talk to me even though I know You won't is on Facebook

I don't see anything about Republic Commando.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 06:24:36 AM »
Same here,

double check the link and we'd be happy to sign up