Author Topic: Don's Custom Star Wars Figures  (Read 110716 times)

Offline Don

• Captain
Re: Don's Custom Star Wars Figures
« Reply #435 on: September 24, 2020, 08:29:42 AM »
Appreciate the feedback guys!

I recently started a 'figure of the day' project. I'll be posting a picture of one figure each day, so I have enough figures for years. I assume I'll miss a day here or there, but so far it's fun so I'll go until it's not fun anymore. :)
Mostly it'll be unaltered figures from my collection so I won't be sharing them here, but there will be customs in the mix so sometimes there may be crossover.

Today is the first 'custom' in the project. It's the 2010 Vintage Collection Fett figure (VC09) depicting his appearance in the Return of the Jedi, but I've customized it with a better helmet sculpt from the 5-POA Solo & Fett two pack (2017). In my opinion this is now the definitive ROTJ Fett figure. (It's something I made awhile ago, but can't remember if I shared it in the forum before now.)

Friend-request on Facebook (http://facebook.com/utahdon1) or follow or Instagram (@utah_don) to follow as I continue the FoD project.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #436 on: September 24, 2020, 12:13:36 PM »
The Sand troopers look great. That really is the best thing to do with yellow troopers.
The Fett looks great too. The armor matches really well.  I'm actually in the middle of doing the same thing for a ROTJ Fett. The TLJ Fett is a great sculpt, just needs arty. I wish they would make a new TVC one, the old one needs to be retired after 13 years of repacks and repaints. Same with Vader. Anyway great figures.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #437 on: September 24, 2020, 02:20:22 PM »
OMG I suck, I mean suuuuuuuuck, at painting eyes. I guess maybe I'm ok with it on this guy because he's supposed to be ugly, right?
Anyway, here's a new custom henchman. The head is a cast from Outer Rim Traders. The bandolier, and a couple new belt pouches are from Marauders Gun-Runners.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #438 on: September 24, 2020, 07:33:48 PM »
Did I mention my wife is out of town for work? I get more action-figure-productive when she's away. ;)

I'm really liking the 'remnant' trooper look. And getting them dirty is just so much fun. So I made a second Scout for my little remnant Squad.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #439 on: September 24, 2020, 07:35:35 PM »
And I dirtied up a Sith Trooper. ;)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 11:17:16 PM by Don »

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #440 on: September 25, 2020, 12:52:23 AM »
The thug looks great!  Gnarly and intimidating.  Truly awesome paint apps!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #441 on: September 25, 2020, 02:00:24 AM »
Great update! I like the dirty Sith Trooper. You do such am excellent job weathering these guys.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #442 on: September 25, 2020, 03:07:44 AM »
That is one great Boba. Nice project.

Off to share it on the front pages. Love that thug!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #443 on: September 25, 2020, 04:03:02 AM »
Figure of the Day? Sound awesome! I remember a similar series from Paul on Galactichunter and 16bit.com. Well, I just sent you a request on Insta! After two years of trying it finally worked, again. I love Instagram and all the other socials...

Anyhew you posted that Boba custom yesterday and I didn't get to comment on him right away. Meanwhile you share 3 more customs. You're insane, Don! And now I know why people are such a fan of that 5POA Boba helmet and I can see that your custom Boba qualifies for being definitive (as if I had a clue). But he looks really epic! I might try to get that 5POA Boba in the bay for a couple bucks.

All the others look amazing, too! Love the group of Sandtroopers and the henchman of Jabba.
ANd you think you suck at painting eyes? I don't think so. You did see my custom of Darth Sion right? That's bad eye-painting.
Haven't been a fan of the Fist Order, but like the Sith Troopers sorta. I'd prefer the Sith Trooper design of Knights of the Old Republic though. I might sculpt them myself based on a Snake's Figure.

Looking forward to your Figure of the Day series - that should push clicks on your thread here to 300,000 rather quickly!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 04:05:54 AM by Darth More »

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #444 on: September 25, 2020, 08:21:03 AM »
There may have been a misunderstanding. I'm doing a figure-a-day photo project on Instagram and Facebook. I thought it might be fun to work my way through my whole collection. It's mostly going to be photos of unaltered retail figures.
But since I'm a customizer there will be customs mixed in occasionally. When that happens I'll share them here too.

Edit: For instance here is today's photo from the garden.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:34:26 AM by Don »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #445 on: September 25, 2020, 09:24:22 AM »
Ah, okay - sorry I misunderstood then. I follow you on Facebook and Insta so I won't miss it lol

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #446 on: September 26, 2020, 07:16:01 AM »
Had to get that Henchman on the front page. He is perfect imo.

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #447 on: October 06, 2020, 08:16:03 PM »
All are great, but that red sith trooper is really nice!

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #448 on: October 16, 2020, 07:13:19 AM »
Finished another Ewok. Looks like this guy has been hunting hunters? ;)

(I got lazy; brown wash on the hood, but didn't paint it a new color. Might rethink that one day...)

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #449 on: October 16, 2020, 07:45:44 AM »
Love this little guy! The skulls around his neck remind me of Kwinn the Eskimo from GI Joe.