Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 52290 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2009, 02:48:08 PM »

Well, today was the first of day of my new health program.  I'd blame Rebe if I could get away with it, but no such luck.  No, I just got tired of feeling like I was expanding like a balloon day by day.  So, I went out on the grav-cycle.  The plan was to spend 30 minutes on it.  Well, I only managed 25.  I developed a roaring headache before I'd gone two-tenths of a kilometer and it is still with me 4+ hours later.  It feels like it is trying to turn into a migraine.  Bugger all.

Manufacturing set up several masters last night and plans are to pour molds later today.  I took a peek last night and they've got three heads, four demo-charges, two shipping containers, and a tool-kit on the line.  There was also talk of making a pouring run, if they could locate a pressure syringe. 

//input-interrupt:time lapse//

Wow, well I just got up from a major nap!  I have to say, though, my headache is almost totally gone.  Hooray for that.

Got a call just after I woke up.  One of my clients was inquiring about using a shuttle to haul in a bio-containment unit.  The comm was interrupted before anything was settled, though, so I don't know if she needs me to arrange for a shuttle or if she'd found someone else to haul it.

The station had a problem with a water plant, resulting in an outage the other day.  Now, I've got a report that the primary ice-maker is non-functional.  Lovely.  I'll have to get Maintenance moving on that one.  Hopefully, it'll be a minor fix, but still...accessing the water-line is a major undertaking.  Not to mention, the part of the station that line runs through is showing its age and decaying.

I'm also looking into having Maintenance do some rewiring on the electrical side of things.  Several work-areas are rather...underserviced when it comes to power access.  I think it would be fairly straightforward, but we need to check out the contuit routings.  If it is do-able, I would be able to relocate the 'Station's secondary computer core, streamline the Comm-center, improve at least one Workshop, and provide enhanced capabilities for Marketing.  Unfortunately, this will necessitate an expedition into the 'Station's underbelly.

Well, I better log off this and get moving, since I took that nap.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2009, 04:06:43 PM »
Check the electric switch that opens the valve where the water line connects to the frige.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2009, 05:19:15 PM »
No switch visible.  That would have been too easy.   ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2009, 06:38:22 PM »
It's more like a Detroit switch really. It may be inside the back panel or even up by the ice maker. That would be the simple fix that you are looking for if it had failed.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »
So i should be looking for it where the wires run from the ice-maker down to the panel, then?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2009, 06:21:43 PM »
Or where the water line runs into the back of the fridge. That water line is pressurized and the switch opens the valve that let's the water run into your ice maker. It usually makes a clicking noise when it works.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2009, 07:16:12 PM »
Manufacturing let me know they were ready to pour up their molds today, so Bren and I went down to watch.  We're really hoping these four molds come out well!  Manu had just the right amound of material ready to fill their boxes.  Bren is hoping they go well, because he's itching to turn out a scad of demo charges and tool-kits.  I guess we'll see in a couple of days.

Surprise of surprises, guess who showed up on-Station today?  Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes!  They showed up along with some R5 replacement parts and 10 other passengers, including a young man named Fett.

The station's Constable asked about possibly standardizing sidearms for his deputies, so I spent a significant sliver of the day looking at weapons for him.  I found some interesting models to choose from, now I suppose we need to sit down and look at his budget.  He mentioned some Seburo models, but I only found two rifles and a carbine.  I don't think that's exactly the message we should be trying to send to our visitors.

Speaking of the Constable and new arrivals, I've asked him to keep an eye on one.  She's a young Twi'ilek, her papers id her as Hannan Gesh and Dal Matar, our local perfumer, claims she is his niece.  That may be perfectly accurate, but something doesn't quite sit right.  What initially concerned me was that she arrived with a bodyguard - a small-time bounty hunter named Donicio Braze.  She was also all but totally concealed under a travelling cloak.  Might be nothing, but I'd rather be sure.

Well, there's the alarm - gotta make end-of-shift rounds.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2009, 08:12:04 PM »
Eh - I don't see one on a quick check - just the cord and the water-hose coming out thru sealed ports.  I think I saw the manual for it around here last year when we moved in.  I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2009, 06:44:17 PM »
sounds like the station is developing nicely. I guess jail cells will go next? This kinda sounds like a Star Wars Deep Space Nine.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2009, 09:19:56 PM »
Well, I think I may have seen two whole episodes of DS9, so I'm certainly not in the running for plagarizing stories from the show.  However, yeah, something like that!!  I did find a couple of sets of deckplans that I like - the Regula station plans and a set I found online that is hexagonal, like the XQ-series, but is about 30% the size of the XQ-series.  So it could be a forerunner design that got scaled up.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2009, 11:57:25 AM »
Been a busy few weeks!  Production finally got some decent heads to start turning out.  The first two are on their way to their new home.  I understand we've got another order waiting in the queue, as well.  Very nice!  Two more figures to finish out the first order and then the heads for a second.  It's small, but it's a start!

The 'Yards admin have set up a contest - rather respectable winnings to be had, as well.  The theme?  A custom speeder.  Build any non-spacegoing repulsorcraft and driver.  I've already heard of at least two swoop-gangs planning to enter, with rumours of a third.  Bren says he knows there's a racing speeder planning to show up, as well.  Keke just smirks whenever the competition is mentioned.  That worries me...

Speaking of Keke, I made a serious error today.  I took her with me on a shuttle run to put some droid parts onto a freighter heading out.  We did a little shopping on the way back.  Well, it started out as a little...  I picked up some minor supplies for the Station, but then I lost my sanity.  I think she spiked that Narbian Cherry Cola she ordered us...

I ended up with 4 styro coolers, spackling compound & spreaders, air-drying clay (on clearance!), plastic bowls, and - an ROC Pit Commando!  Yes, the locals had finally gotten in some of the new figs!  Only Paris Pursuit fig out was the unhooded Storm Shadow.  OOOOOooooooh, I wanted to shovel several figs into the cart!  Cover Girl, Scarlett, the Baroness... I left them behind.  Some of the others had good-looking parts, as well, and will no doubt be added into the rotation in the future.  However, for a first-time buy of ROC fig's, I decided the Pit Commando had the highest value - FOUR pieces of headgear!  FOUR weapons!  Removeable armored vest!  Backpack!  Combat vest!  Riot shield!

But I think I'll be counting my creds in the meantime so's I can score another one.

They also had the small Armadillo tank, the 4-wheeler, and the snowmobile.  I have an idea for the Armadillo, and already have the ATAV snowmobile for a specific project.  Love the look of those accelerator suits and the Desert Duke vest may have some potential, too.

But I think the girls will come first...

I best leave Keke at home...she managed to talk me into a new datajournal while I was ... distracted.

So, anyway, I have two R4 domes on the way in, and an R4 torso, too.  Got a deal on another pile of speeder parts.  Have too many ideas for air-speeder & swoop designs!  Need to pick one and GET BUSY!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »
Sounds like a good day minus the Keke distraction. Lol.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2009, 08:21:03 AM »
don't forget to take the TRU sale mag in, WM matches the 2 for 10 promotion this week, woot!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2009, 09:55:16 AM »
Only if you are within 30 miles of the TRU.  So says my wife, the once and future WalMart CSM.  I'm screwed.  Again.  As usual.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2009, 02:40:41 PM »
Doesn't matter at the wife's Walmart.
Where is that add, Simon?