Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Battle Packs  (Read 3073 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Vintage 2010 Battle Packs
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 04:09:23 PM »
The only thing I see is in the Birth of Darth Vader Pack, that robotic arm that is holding his helmet...wonder if that is plastic or is it just cardboard?

That's why I thought this battle pack looked cool.  However, I just saw this thing at Target.  The picture posted in this thread is the picture on the back of the packaging.  In the actual placement of the figures, there is no robotic arm holding the helmet.  Lame!  I put the thing back on the shelf and kept walking.  Bummer, had the actual figures been arranged as cool as the depicted picture (and with the robotic arm holding the helmet) I would have bought it and kept it packaged.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 05:00:05 PM »
The only thing I see is in the Birth of Darth Vader Pack, that robotic arm that is holding his helmet...wonder if that is plastic or is it just cardboard?

That's why I thought this battle pack looked cool.  However, I just saw this thing at Target.  The picture posted in this thread is the picture on the back of the packaging.  In the actual placement of the figures, there is no robotic arm holding the helmet.  Lame!  I put the thing back on the shelf and kept walking.  Bummer, had the actual figures been arranged as cool as the depicted picture (and with the robotic arm holding the helmet) I would have bought it and kept it packaged.

Well, good looking out. I knew it was too good to be true. So Hasbro pulled the timeless toy technique of making the pictures of the toys look cooler than the actual toy itself? That's been going on forever. Some things will never change.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 07:00:59 AM »
Was it just a straight up repack of figs?  Of course, I can always use more exam tables and medical droids...

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 07:12:14 PM »
YES ANOTHER VADER !!!!! IVE BEEN WAITING FOR ONE FOR SO LOOONNNNNGGGG, HES GUNNNA FIT WELL WITH MY OTHER 500 VADERS I HAVE , MAYBE ILL MAKE THE 501ST VADER BATTALION  vadsab   

ok seriously now , ive been wanting ot get hte birth of vader for long time , but i always put it at the bottom of my list since i have so many other vaders(thnx hasbro)
but like always hasbro will push what their will on us collectors ( kinda like the empire?) 
May the Force be with you !