Imperial Community > Sports

NFL 2009

(1/28) > >>

Clonehead:
I know that it's early but I am already missing seeing a weekly football game or two.
  I've  got some news tidbits from the KC Chiefs camp. RB Larry Johnson and TE Tony Gonzales have stated that they would like to be traded off. I think that we can live without LJ but I would really hate to see TG go. He is a world class TE and always has been. It will really hurt the Chiefs to lose his talent.

Now I'm sure that you heard that Scott Pioli from the Patriots camp is the Chiefs new general manager but I heard today that the Chiefs were given permission to speak with Arizona Cardinals Offensive Coordinator ,Todd Haley about being the Chiefs new head coach. Former Chiefs Head Coach, Herm Edwards was let go two weeks ago.

Phatty:
I'm definitely interested to see what comes of the Chiefs this year.  It sounds like a lot of turmoil there.

Tamer:
Are they going after the offensive coordinator of Arizona? He seems like a good canidate. It seems like all the experienced head coaches are  gettin couched! I thought for sure we would have seen Marty Shottenheimer by now, but it seems the trend is to go with younger and not as much experience. Guess it worked in Pittsburg!

Clonehead:
I feel that Herm was just too docile of a coach and that we needed more of a drill sgt type. I know that Pioli and Haley have worked together before. Hopefully, these two can whip the team back into shape. Even though we didn't win much, last year, I did like watching the rookie heavy team evolve and felt that they were on the right track. I still dread the impending loss of TG, though. His great plays always had a way of creating momentum. I can understand that he would like to give his great career a silver lining by playing for a winning superbowl team. You know that this will be his 10th pro-bowl.

Tamer:
I saw his interview where he said that he wouldn't mind staying with the team if it looked like they were gonna stop rebuilding and start winning! I am kinda anxious to see who were are gonna loose this year. Man I hope our schedule isn't as tough as it was this year! From what I hear Miami has a horrible schedule.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version