Imperial Community > Sports

2010 Olympics

(1/3) > >>

Reconsgt:
Anyone here planning on watching the winter Olympics?

The winter Olympics are my favorite of the 2,  I usually try to catch the bobsled, hockey biathlon events, Curling is an event that hits close to home here as we have an  training center locally and it seem to be big for Wisconsin, I'll also check out the skijumps and snowboard stuff,

The opening ceremony is about an hour off as of now,

Tamer:
Yepper, I like the Winter Olympics better than the summer ones too. I still remember when the US Mens Hockey Team beat the heavily favored Soviet Union. I think that did more to end the Cold War and started showing chinks in the armor long before the Soviet Union went under. I love the Hockey, the bob sled, luge (bummer about the one young man who died today, ski jumping. I like it all. My mom loves the figure skating. It was the one thing we could agree on watching when I was a youngster. Bring on the opening ceremonies. I hope it stops raining there or it is gonna be more like Slush olympics than winter ones!

FialaFernbrugg:
I'm also a big fan of the winter Olympics. The austrians are much better in winter games than in summer games. My favorites are ski-run and ski jump.
I hope the weather is getting better in the next days.

Tamer:
I watched the opening ceremony till about a little after 11 pm. Some of it was pretty good, some of it seemed a little wierd to me. I guess we all knew it wouldn't even remotely touch what happened in China the last Winter Olympics. Still, I guess we can all understand why that is the case.

I am looking forward to seeing the opening competitions today. I am tired of watching announcers,  I want to see some sports.

Reconsgt:
I finally get to see a hockey game live

first period just ended, Quater final USA VS Switzerland

http://www.nbcolympics.com/hockey/resultsandschedules/match=IHM400301/video.html?__source=msnhomepage&GT1=39003

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version