Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53718 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »
Well its time for an update. Things are going pretty good. I just had to replace the entire ignition in my Liberty as I got in it Sunday morning only to find the key wouldn't turn. Upon removing the tumbler two of the key cuts were worn out. The parts guy said it looked like I was the last guy on the East Coast to get the part I needed. I asked him if there was a recall on em and he just chuckled. Man, I also got two new keys made and that wasn't cheap either. Oh well at least I have two working vehicles again.

Deer hunting has been good. I am waiting on some deer bologna now with some hot pepper cheese in it. Sounds like it ought to be good. I am gonna bring over  a guy I work with to see if he can get his first deer with a bow tomorrow. I am not sure if he can hit the broadside of a barn door, but he is sure excited to try so I am gonna let him. Maybe one day I can talk Wayne or Chad into coming down to take one on with a bow. Bow season is so long. It comes in Sept. 15th in MD and doesnt end till Jan. 1st.  Rifle season is the week before Thanksgiving and only lasts for about two weeks.

My gals are fine which is good news. Momma hasn't had any tummy issues and my little gal has been nice and healthy. My wife got a new camera for her birthday and now I will get to see if I can put it to good use here. It is new Canon and has tons of buttons. It is 8 megapixels so I am hoping to use it a bit here too. I can see there is a steep learning curve with it though.

I look forward to seeing how things are going with you and yours. It is amazing what happens in such a short time.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2008, 10:47:19 AM »
Well we had a Halloween party yesterday and my little gal was a "good witch" this year. Couldn't talk her into a Star Wars outfit this year. She was cute, I will post some pics when I get a chance. I missed part of the party cause I had to patch some holes in my concrete and get my decks ready for treating. Man, that pressure washer wore me the heck out. I didn't get to watch any football till the third quarter of the Giants pounding of Dallas. I also recieved a used four wheeler from my brother so that was nice too. No more lugging and dragging of the deer for me anymore! It will also allow me to open up a bit of my property and patrol a bit as I think some of my neighbors are sneaking in. I am in the middle of a deer hotspot and I think a few of my less than respectful neighbors are violating some game laws. I have heard one too many shots of late that were too close to my house.

Still, it was a good weekend. I didn't find anything Star Warsy to buy, but its coming in and I am getting some bills paid off and feeling pretty good about my house being almost ready for winter. I have to replace the top pipe section on my woodburner, reinsulate my basement outside door and I think I will be done. Tomorrow is Thompson's Water Sealing day. Man, that stuff is expensive!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2008, 04:23:53 PM »
Sounds like you had a busy weekend.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
Sounds like you had a busy weekend.

Sure was. Busy, but fun. I am trying to get all the chores done up while it is still warm. It was over 70 degrees here today. I think I should be fine treating my decks tomorrow. I got all the concrete sealed, just need to do the stovepipe and insulate and trim out my basement door and I think I am done. Bring on the big bucks(whitetails that is)!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »
Well I turned election day into work day. I did all the prep work to treat all my decks, then treated said decks (man did I make a mess), spent another hour cleaning up said mess after that. Then I cleaned out the dryer and dryer vent hose which was long overdue. The wife said it now dries clothes in half the time. Then, I cleaned out my one outbuilding to make it ready to go for four wheeler deer hauling, caught a wild hair and washed and waxed my truck. Then I sealed some doors and windows to hopefully save a little bit of energy this winter. Oh yeah, I managed to fit in voting in all that and I finished my day by carving a pumpkin for my little gal. Man did she have a blast. I am gonna have to go back to work to get some rest! I am just trying to get all my chores done as I let too many slide this summer. 

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2008, 03:05:54 AM »
Well I turned election day into work day. I did all the prep work to treat all my decks, then treated said decks (man did I make a mess), spent another hour cleaning up said mess after that. Then I cleaned out the dryer and dryer vent hose which was long overdue. The wife said it now dries clothes in half the time. Then, I cleaned out my one outbuilding to make it ready to go for four wheeler deer hauling, caught a wild hair and washed and waxed my truck. Then I sealed some doors and windows to hopefully save a little bit of energy this winter. Oh yeah, I managed to fit in voting in all that and I finished my day by carving a pumpkin for my little gal. Man did she have a blast. I am gonna have to go back to work to get some rest! I am just trying to get all my chores done as I let too many slide this summer. 

Another busy day by the looks of it

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2008, 05:48:11 AM »
Gonna be a busy weekend, but I will then have lots of time for fun around the holidays! Get ready to be bugged by the Tamer Yarders!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »
I feel for you sealing those decks, buddy! That is one of my least favorite chores. They do look nice when they are done though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2008, 06:50:05 AM »
Yeah, it was nice to see the water beading yesterday. I sure didn't have fun cleaning all the Thompsons off the side of my house though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »
Pretty messy huh? Did you roll, brush, or spray?  I tried spraying once and decided that it would be less messy to roll.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2008, 01:14:19 PM »
I am too lazy I use the deck sprayer. Its all those spindles and rails that kills me. I just wanted it done quick and it was still quicker to do the clean up than roll. Oh well, now its on to waxing the other car and my mom's car and then Ihave a door to seal.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »
Ok, I gotta vent. I just got back from putting a coat of wax on my mom's car so she will be ready for winter when I saw the only road home was blocked by a police officer. So I am waiting for a good portion when he motions me to the left to which I point I needed to go right and he shook his head no that I could only go to the left. So I pulled up and pointing my mom's car to the left I rolled down the window and politely told the officer that my house was just on the top of the hill of the road he had blocked. He said to come back in a half hour. I then politely told him that this was my only route home and how was I going to get home thinking he would be able to offer some advice on another route. He then replied in a very threatening tone, "You won't get home till a half hour now go somewhere for a half hour and come back." Shocked, thinking I misheard him I said, "what?" He then said the same thing again in a more threatening tone. Luckily for me I kept my anger in check or I would probably be sitting in the town pokey right now, but I did ask him for his name before I left which he gave and I said, "thanks officer" and went left and then remembered there was a longer way to get to the road I needed.

I found out later that the reason the road was blocked was because of a Veteran's Day Parade of which I am a veteran so I am now ticked off more. I probably ought to do nothing, but feel I should call the town chief of police and at least register a complaint. If this guy would respond to me in that type of threatening tone I can imagine the way he talk to other folks. Not that I deserve anything special because I am a veteran, I volunteered to do my duty, but being disrespected during something honoring veterans just burns me up! I am hoping Chad reads this and maybe can advize me on what to do or whether to let the whole thing just drop.  What do you guys think, should I just call an ahole and ahole and get over it? I just feel that a public servant, even though he was probably bugged by countless people, probably should have responded to me a little more politely. I know a few of you guys are public servants yourselves and would appreciate your advice on how to respond to this. I will probably be over it by tomorrow, but now I am pissed!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »
Tamer, I'm sorry that happened to you dude.  I suppose that there are those people in the law enforcement community that are tempted to show off their athourity. I would imagine that more than likely this guy was just having a bad day and possibly wasnt a veteran. Like anyone else, he might have some personal troubles and was venting his frustrations in the wrong way. I do have alot of respect for members of law enforcement but also remember that they are there to serve the people, especially law abiding citizens such as yourself.
  I didn't know that you were a veteran, Shawn. What branch were you in and where and when did you serve?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2008, 04:48:30 AM »
I was in the Army during Operation Desertstorm as part of the 18th Airborne Corps. based out of Ft. Bragg from 89 to 92.  Like I said, I don't expect a "parade" for my service. Those of us who are veterans, Wayne is one too by the way, don't expect anything. We volunteered to do our duty. I was just upset even more after I found out I was treated in such a manner during something to supposedly honor folks like me. It was kind of like a double slap in the face. I am pretty much over this now, I was horribly ticked when I posted yesterday. If I were a real jerk I would try to make a report, but I guess the guy probably had a bad day and I was probably the four hundreth person who was needing to get home. I don't know I guess I also have a respect people issue period. I try to teach my school kids how to respect eachother and I do have the highest regard for public service workers and I guess I was kinda delusioned in the fact that I never though I would have one treat me in such a manner. I go out of my way not to be rude on general princile because so many people just are.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2008, 10:25:54 AM »
Little Big-man syndrome, too many cops seem to have it.  I would have spent my half hour at the Police station filing a formal complaint against the officer, as well as pressing charges of intimidation which is a form of assault.  It may have gone nowhere, but cops need to be kept in check.  I get so tired of their attitudes, just because they got a badge and a gun.  Most likely, he was pissed because he was put on parade detail.  Too bad.  That sucks Shawn, sorry your day was ruined like that.