Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110599 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« Reply #630 on: January 17, 2023, 01:20:11 PM »
Very cool. Not nearly enough female troopers out there for sure.  ()rr
Thank you! It's hard to say how many female stormtroopers there were, they seem to wear just standard armor. I know in Kenobi there was one, only because she had a female voice. Personally at least for customs I like using the slightly smaller form fitting armor for females, sets them apart. You could probably get away with using the Stormtrooper luke, which is slightly shorter than the newest stormtrooper figure.

Ever since the newest Battlefront games included female skins, I just kinda dig the concept. I do like the more form fitting armor though.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #631 on: January 17, 2023, 03:34:37 PM »
That's a great repurpose of Lady Jaye's head! I like how the backpack turned out. It looks really good. Nice design all around.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #632 on: January 17, 2023, 07:02:09 PM »
Oh yeah, works for me. Wish they would do another Stormtrooper pack like that though.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thank you! I could see them doing something like that for Black series.  Did you notice the inferno squad figure I made? That's one Hasbro should make for gaming greats.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #633 on: January 17, 2023, 07:06:41 PM »
Very cool. Not nearly enough female troopers out there for sure.  ()rr
Thank you! It's hard to say how many female stormtroopers there were, they seem to wear just standard armor. I know in Kenobi there was one, only because she had a female voice. Personally at least for customs I like using the slightly smaller form fitting armor for females, sets them apart. You could probably get away with using the Stormtrooper luke, which is slightly shorter than the newest stormtrooper figure.

Ever since the newest Battlefront games included female skins, I just kinda dig the concept. I do like the more form fitting armor though.
Yeah we all assume they're all white men under the helmets. I think they need to bring some humanity to the stormtroopers. The way I figure they're volunteers, they must have their reasons. Like Migs Mayfeld said. You're born on Alderaan you belive one thing, you live on mandalor you belive something else. 

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #634 on: January 17, 2023, 07:09:40 PM »
That's a great repurpose of Lady Jaye's head! I like how the backpack turned out. It looks really good. Nice design all around.
Thank you! I like the backpackI think it turned out cool. A rocket launcher stormtrooper should have a bag of rounds. I figure one is anti-armor, anti-personell, anti-emplacement.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #635 on: January 26, 2023, 07:29:23 AM »
I put a light in my probe droid. I should have taken pictures of it's assembly, but it's all connected by screws and a washer. The eyes are all separate pieces. I think it's a really underrated figure.

I think what imma do is, get a 3 or 5mm bulb instead of this nano chip. Replace one of the eyes and paint the bulb smoke black clear, so it blends better with the figure.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 07:40:10 AM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #636 on: January 26, 2023, 11:47:21 AM »
That's awesome! Great design work to figure that out. I do like the idea of painting the "eye" lens a transparent black to tone down the brightness of the light a bit, but really outstanding work.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #637 on: January 26, 2023, 01:02:53 PM »
That's awesome! Great design work to figure that out. I do like the idea of painting the "eye" lens a transparent black to tone down the brightness of the light a bit, but really outstanding work.
Thanks man! Yeah I'll figure something out with the probe. Next time I make an LED order I'll get a couple 3V 3mm bulbs.  This'll do for photography for now. I want to do a mandalorian purge scene.

I made whistling birds effects because I'm not paying almost $100 for that rescue set just for a few accessories.
Just Z sized chip LEDs, cotton and superglue.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:15:51 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #638 on: January 26, 2023, 04:47:42 PM »
Wow! That's awesome! They look really good, I think better even than "escape" set accessories.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #639 on: January 27, 2023, 03:54:33 AM »
Man, that Probe Droid is awesome. Love the whistlebirds too. Nice effect. I would buy that in a second.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #640 on: January 27, 2023, 11:43:01 AM »
Wow! That's awesome! They look really good, I think better even than "escape" set accessories.

Thanks Starchaser! It's cheap too. $4 for the LEDs, a fraction of a cotton ball, and some glue. The wires are just the LED wires. Took just a few minutes.

Man, that Probe Droid is awesome. Love the whistlebirds too. Nice effect. I would buy that in a second.

Thank you! I got a couple more LEDs for missiles. Probably redo the deluxe Boba Fett. Then make a rocket effect for my rocket launcher stormtrooper.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #641 on: January 27, 2023, 08:07:32 PM »
Didn't take long to customize this deluxe Boba Fett. I took the rangefinder from the deathwatch mando, cut the old one off and drilled a hole in the fett helmet to plug in the new rangefinder and painted it. I separated the rocket from the flame effect and sandwiched a chip LED between them. Then ran the wire through the jetpack and added cotton smoke to hide the wire.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 08:10:05 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #642 on: January 27, 2023, 09:26:34 PM »
That's great! He'd look cool in a night-time diorama especially. The effect is excellent any way you cut it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #643 on: January 28, 2023, 05:54:23 AM »
Now that looks pretty awesome. Love the lighting stuff you are doing. Take this latest to the front paegs.

Wish Hasbro would offers some "kits"

I ain't no wiring genius, but would love to light some stuff up like this.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #644 on: January 28, 2023, 05:57:47 AM »
I gotta say JDeck after your fantastic work on those 3D printed hologram accessories, you do even more amazing work on those launching effects. I agree with you on that Child Rescue set. There's no way that I pay 95€ for that set.
I'll definitely look into this technique you shared and get some LEDs from AliExpress soon. This looks just awesome!
Thanks for sharing and congrats to all those crazy cool light effects to be added to your epic collection!