Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110589 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« Reply #615 on: May 08, 2022, 06:50:03 AM »
Wow, great build. I like it.

Off to share on the front page. Time for another shout out to Aude too!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #616 on: May 08, 2022, 12:40:41 PM »
Wow, great build. I like it.

Off to share on the front page. Time for another shout out to Aude too!

Thanks Tamer! Aude's the man, man.  He includes extra mortar shells and thermal imploders, because the first thing I do when getting tiny parts is drop them, sometimes never to be seen again.  It's great to get these different weapons, because imperial army building can be a little drab, compared to clones or other factions that have several variants and colors.
I did preorder a few of the heavy stormtroopers the other day. Can't wait to preorder the Artillery/mortar stormtroopers. I think I can stretch my stormtroopers and shoretroopers into a company of 164+. I'm counting on being able to fit 200 troops on a  35"x16" shelf, so I made a diagram.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 04:45:43 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #617 on: May 08, 2022, 07:13:04 PM »
I agree with you about the Shoretrooper...my favorite, too. Your "specialty" troopers look great. I love Afrika Korps scheme, that so works. Aude is doing some great work for us, and I'm glad that you can put them to such excellent work.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 09:21:45 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #618 on: May 09, 2022, 02:46:54 AM »
Looks like you have your display worked out great to me.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #619 on: May 09, 2022, 06:10:51 AM »
I agree with you about the Shoretrooper...my favorite, too. Your "specialty" troopers look great. I love Afrika Korps scheme, that so works. Aude is doing some great work for us, and I'm glad that you can put them to such excellent work.

Thank you! I think that's what im looking forward to the most from Andor is the expansion of Shoretrooper lore. I know they'll be in at least one episode.

Looks like you have your display worked out great to me.

Yeah I just need to plot out the armored and navy shelves, then put high command on top and vehicles on the bottom, and that'll be it. Once the shelf is full, I'm ending the army build. If a new variant comes out that I really like, I'll make room.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #620 on: January 15, 2023, 11:37:16 AM »
I made this Battlefront Inferno Squadron figure a while back, just couldn't photograph it properly. It's made of 3 different figures plus decals, paint and accessories. Head; Forcelink Tie pilot. Upper torso; TVC stormtrooper. Lower torso, legs and arms; TVC Imperial Gunner.
The neck and torso barbells had to be adjusted. I ended up using a head barbell for the torso, for a tighter fit.
The Seeker droid is from the 7th sister/maul 2-pack, the TL-50 blaster is from Audes and the decals are from Bad Mother Customs on ebay.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 12:12:23 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #621 on: January 15, 2023, 02:39:40 PM »
I like that a lot! The decals look good and the figure design is great. I like that you added the droid.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #622 on: January 15, 2023, 02:52:16 PM »
This one is on my to-do list, too, but I would've NEVER come up with this recipe! Your version looks brilliant and the parts you used sound like a quite an effort to put together.
Brilliant choice for the head and the Seeker droid as well! I'm absolutely blown away by this figure, not only because of the phenomenal background! Nice shot of Endor there! Is that the new Bunker already?

Man, it turned out excellent and the paint apps/decals are top notch. Just WOW!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #623 on: January 15, 2023, 05:04:47 PM »
I like that a lot! The decals look good and the figure design is great. I like that you added the droid.

Thank you! I coated the decals with a red clear coat, because the decals were starting to peel and fade. The red enhanced the decals and blended with the black helmet. Also there's a slight red tint to the eyes, by painting them red and adding red clear.

This one is on my to-do list, too, but I would've NEVER come up with this recipe! Your version looks brilliant and the parts you used sound like a quite an effort to put together.
Brilliant choice for the head and the Seeker droid as well! I'm absolutely blown away by this figure, not only because of the phenomenal background! Nice shot of Endor there! Is that the new Bunker already?

Man, it turned out excellent and the paint apps/decals are top notch. Just WOW!

Thank you!  It's the POTF2 Bunker. I think it still works great for a background piece. I'm curious to see if the new one stacks up. It's objectively better, but I'm not a fan of all the moss they put on.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #624 on: January 15, 2023, 07:30:07 PM »

[/quote]

Thank you!  It's the POTF2 Bunker. I think it still works great for a background piece. I'm curious to see if the new one stacks up. It's objectively better, but I'm not a fan of all the moss they put on.
[/quote]

I agree about the new Bunker, I'm not sure about the moss. We'll see.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #625 on: January 16, 2023, 08:43:42 AM »

[/quote]

I agree about the new Bunker, I'm not sure about the moss. We'll see.
[/quote]

Im hoping the moss can be removed from the upper portion. The lower looks to be sculpted on. But it can be painted over at least.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #626 on: January 16, 2023, 08:47:15 AM »
Made a Lady Jaye inspired Stormtrooper. Using the EE exclusive joker squad Jes with Lady Jaye head and backpack. The backpack I added some greebles. Sandtrooper pipe, fallen order scout backpack, the lower section of a mortar trooper backpack from Audes. The rocket launcher is a under scaled one I  I got from shapeways.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #627 on: January 16, 2023, 11:53:34 AM »
Very cool. Not nearly enough female troopers out there for sure.  ()rr
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #628 on: January 16, 2023, 06:26:00 PM »
Very cool. Not nearly enough female troopers out there for sure.  ()rr
Thank you! It's hard to say how many female stormtroopers there were, they seem to wear just standard armor. I know in Kenobi there was one, only because she had a female voice. Personally at least for customs I like using the slightly smaller form fitting armor for females, sets them apart. You could probably get away with using the Stormtrooper luke, which is slightly shorter than the newest stormtrooper figure.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #629 on: January 17, 2023, 03:49:07 AM »
Oh yeah, works for me. Wish they would do another Stormtrooper pack like that though.

Off to share on the front pages.