Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110601 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« Reply #600 on: May 01, 2021, 11:48:48 AM »
I forgot I made this. I was watching a guy on YouTube DR TOYS. and he made a droid similar to this but in 6" using a harry Potter figure. So i copied him using a rose tico and one of those old star tours droids.

Her name is R-0S1 or "Rosie". She was a riveter droid in the vulture droid factory during the clone wars. Now she is a swoop bike mechanic.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #601 on: May 01, 2021, 02:16:02 PM »
I love the backstory! How was it fitting the droid parts in the Rose body? Did you have to do much modifying? Just curious. I think that Rosie the ex-riveter looks great.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #602 on: May 01, 2021, 02:44:29 PM »
I love the backstory! How was it fitting the droid parts in the Rose body? Did you have to do much modifying? Just curious. I think that Rosie the ex-riveter looks great.

Thanks!! I tried to glue the parts first, but the soft plastic sucks with super glue, so i got fed up and used greenstuff epoxy clay. You can see it on the joints. So i can either paint over it or redo it with some kind of metal peg or something.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #603 on: May 02, 2021, 05:41:52 AM »
Looks good to me. Looks even better on the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #604 on: August 08, 2021, 07:16:30 PM »
  I made a Gungan Pirate. Using a tvc Gungan warrior with a modified Jar Jar Binks head. I cut the eyes and lowered them then epoxy puttied eyelids, that make him look more serious, along with a mustache. Then used epoxy putty to make rings, necklace and earrings.

Barbo Grog was a Gungan who fled Gungan city near the end of the clone wars. He was disgusted with Boss Nass for selling out to the Naboo and for Jar Jar Binks laying the groundwork for a Naboo to become a ruthless dictator. He started off as a small time pirate on Galgrebaa until he happened upon a group of pirates with a crew consisting of both Gungan and Naboo. He realized the Naboo/humans weren't all corrupt and could be trusted. Barbo eventually became the First mate on their captured CIS Dreadnought flagship "The Queen Amidala's Revenge".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 07:53:24 PM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #605 on: August 09, 2021, 12:15:21 AM »
I never knew how much I needed to see a Gungan Pirate 'til today! This is such a cool idea I cannot tell how cool I think this is. I absolutely love the aggressive look you managed to give him with the mod on his eyes and beard. He looks so pirate-esk if that's the right kit-bash for a word and the aesthetics are spot on to the theme you convey in his story. Admire your imagination and variation of your characters' stories. The only question is though: Why's the rum always gone?!

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #606 on: August 09, 2021, 06:47:03 AM »
Nice, very nice.  You took a pretty goofy figure and gave him a lot of serious character.  Great colors and a great job on the eyes.  Good back story, too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2021, 07:11:14 AM »
Such a great improvement on the Gungan figure. Man this needs to be offered by Hasbro.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #608 on: August 09, 2021, 05:16:21 PM »
I never knew how much I needed to see a Gungan Pirate 'til today! This is such a cool idea I cannot tell how cool I think this is. I absolutely love the aggressive look you managed to give him with the mod on his eyes and beard. He looks so pirate-esk if that's the right kit-bash for a word and the aesthetics are spot on to the theme you convey in his story. Admire your imagination and variation of your characters' stories. The only question is though: Why's the rum always gone?!

Thank you! I had a more complex story that had him bumbling around the galaxy with a taste for Spotchka (the alcohol from Mandalorian) but it didn't fit his serious look.

Nice, very nice.  You took a pretty goofy figure and gave him a lot of serious character.  Great colors and a great job on the eyes.  Good back story, too.

Thank you. Yeah I just wanted to make a cool gungan. They get alot of greif but they were pretty badass.

Such a great improvement on the Gungan figure. Man this needs to be offered by Hasbro.

Off to the front pages.

Thank you. I would like an updated Captain Tarpals. We only got the one from the potf2/TPM line. I'm really surprised he was actually kind of cool. Yuzzun da booma!!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #609 on: August 09, 2021, 08:48:58 PM »
Very cool!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #610 on: August 09, 2021, 11:07:40 PM »
Grog (pretty funny JDeck) looks really great! The paint scheme on his skin is great and I think the eye placement works really well. All in all a brilliant build.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #611 on: August 10, 2021, 06:49:58 PM »
Very cool!

Thank you!
Grog (pretty funny JDeck) looks really great! The paint scheme on his skin is great and I think the eye placement works really well. All in all a brilliant build.

Thank you! I always thought grog was something disgusting but it's actually pretty good. It's better than drinking slimey water that's been in a wooden barrel. 1 pint of Blackstrap Rum to one gallon of water. Add some lemon juice to prevent scurvy. If you were resourceful you could add ginger, and it was common in the 18th century to add vinegar to your drink as an electrolyte. Its not a bad mixed drink really. Grog was actually a royal navy ration up until 1970. Thats my history lesson for the day.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #612 on: August 10, 2021, 09:40:13 PM »
That's more info on grog than I ever knew, so I guess I learned my "something new" for today. Hear, hear to an updated Tarpals. I would love that.  I never understood the Gungan bashing, even if you didn't like Jar Jar, the rest were pretty cool...and they did pretty well against a Droid army

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2021, 05:05:37 PM »
That's spot on, the likeness is soooo close.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #614 on: May 08, 2022, 05:15:50 AM »
   I got a mortar set from Audesworkshop and made a mortar Shoretrooper. The paint is inspired by WW2 Afrika Korps, from the North African Campaign. The shoretroopers have a very similar paint scheme as the Commonwealth tanks, from that Campaign.  The shoretrooper is my favorite Stormtrooper variant, outside of the regular Stormtrooper. The only problem is the shoretrooper figure's limited range of motion, he can't bend down and put the shell in the tube.

Also made a Shoretrooper sniper, using Audes DLT-19X. Based on the battlefront Shoretrooper Sniper.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 06:49:34 AM by Tamer »