Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110586 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« Reply #585 on: February 16, 2021, 09:10:06 PM »
I made a simple character made from a mezco commander Gomez head, Rio Durant body (slightly repainted) and rotj luke boots. He is slightly inspired by those old army ant figures.

Or-Kin-Maan was a mercenary hired by the Galgrebian government just prior to the Clone Wars. Knowing war was imminent, the Galgrebian government, in addition to requiring all citizens to prepare for battle, hired offworld mercenaries in exchange for full citizenship. Galgrebian citizenship was advantageous for those in desperate situations. The main reason being, up until the Imperial era bounty hunting was outlawed, because the Galgrebian government didn't like the idea of foreign powers kidnapping and killing their citizens.  Wanted men would become mercenaries to gain refuge and protection. Or-Kin-Maan after the clone wars became a Deputy Sheriff for a breif time, and then joined the Rebel cell group on Galgrebaa during the Imperial era.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 09:43:45 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #586 on: February 17, 2021, 03:52:52 AM »
Very nice. I like it.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #587 on: February 19, 2021, 12:22:57 AM »
That works really well! I've a custom in the works with the 6" Rio body as well, but it will be quite different from yours. We'll see if I can get it done and posted before St. Patrick's Day  :-\

Offline L-Jarvis customs

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lieutenant
  • You were the chosen one!
« Reply #588 on: February 26, 2021, 12:55:50 PM »
Really cool!!
Remember why the Sith are more powerful than the Jedi, Sidious: because we are not afraid to feel.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #589 on: February 27, 2021, 08:00:20 AM »
Another very interesting character.
I like the background story.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #590 on: April 15, 2021, 06:28:07 PM »
Thank you for the comments everyone!

I haven't made a figure in a while. This started to be a self portrait figure, but he doesn't look like me lol. I just took the Bespin Han and added hair and a beard usung green stuff. Then I added the scarf which was a piece of an old shirt. His cigarette is a piece of styrene rod. Of course the goggles came with the figure.  I dry brushed the jacket with a lighter blue, for something close to a jean jacket. 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #591 on: April 15, 2021, 10:55:31 PM »
I like him. The dry brushing worked, the jacket does feel "denim-y." The scarf looks good, too. So...will you try for another "portrait" figure?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #592 on: April 16, 2021, 02:38:24 AM »
Awesome. I was wondering what you were up too.

Off to share this on the front page. So does it even remotely look like you?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #593 on: April 16, 2021, 05:17:20 AM »
I like him. The dry brushing worked, the jacket does feel "denim-y." The scarf looks good, too. So...will you try for another "portrait" figure?

Thank you. I dunno he kinda looks like me, maybe a caricature, or a character based on my self. It works I suppose.

Awesome. I was wondering what you were up too.

Off to share this on the front page. So does it even remotely look like you?

Thank you. Yeah I've had a few unsuccessful projects. I was scratch building a droid, but I might finish it. It wasn't as easy as it looked.
  I guess he sort of resembles me. I used the Han head to save money. No one really looks like me lol.  My brother gave me a few Shemaghs from Afghanistan, so I rock them with my jean jacket if I'm going to see a band or something.  I use it as a "face covering".
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 05:46:12 AM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #594 on: April 17, 2021, 12:02:23 AM »
Okay, so seeing the picture, that didn't turn out too bad!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #595 on: April 17, 2021, 05:39:39 AM »
Hey, that does look like you. Nice work.

And its good to put a face to a name.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #596 on: April 18, 2021, 05:26:11 PM »

Thank you! I know I'm ugly. The other day I went to the zoo and they wouldn't let me leave. I was an ugly kid too, I'd play in the sandbox and the cat would cover me up. All my baby pictures are negatives.

Thank you!  I was on Facebook a long time ago, but i didn’t like it. This woman I was dating made me join. She broke up with me, so I asked her if there was someone else, and she said there HAS to be.  But she was ugly too you know. She went to a plastic surgeon and they gave her a tail. I have terrible luck with women. I told my mother I loved her and she said we should just be friends. I try to talk about their interests, so I asked a woman what her sign was, and she told me Sorry We're Closed. .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:27:40 AM by JDeck »

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #597 on: April 19, 2021, 02:15:49 AM »
The Or-Kin-Maan is really nice, and it does remind me of the old Army Ants figures.  The self portrait figure is great.  A lot of good details.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #598 on: April 19, 2021, 11:07:53 PM »

Thank you! I know I'm ugly. The other day I went to the zoo and they wouldn't let me leave. I was an ugly kid too, I'd play in the sandbox and the cat would cover me up. All my baby pictures are negatives.

Thank you!  I was on Facebook a long time ago, but i didn’t like it. This woman I was dating made me join. She broke up with me, so I asked her if there was someone else, and she said there HAS to be.  But she was ugly too you know. She went to a plastic surgeon and they gave her a tail. I have terrible luck with women. I told my mother I loved her and she said we should just be friends. I try to talk about their interests, so I asked a woman what her sign was, and she told me Sorry We're Closed. .

I don't know how to respond...laugh (which I did), cry (which I wanted to) or pray really hard (which I will probably do) :)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #599 on: April 20, 2021, 06:53:39 AM »
The Or-Kin-Maan is really nice, and it does remind me of the old Army Ants figures.  The self portrait figure is great.  A lot of good details.

Thank you! Yeah thats the great thing  about dry brushing, you pick up a lot of detail. Plus I don't like to do a complete repaint on arms, because of the paint rub.

I don't know how to respond...laugh (which I did), cry (which I wanted to) or pray really hard (which I will probably do) :)

That's what my child psychiatrist said. I don't know why I keep seeing that kid he's no help at all.
He said I was crazy, so I told him I wanted a second opinion. He said, Okay you're ugly too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:28:16 AM by JDeck »