Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110592 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« Reply #555 on: December 17, 2020, 07:06:38 AM »
sounds like you need to put in a head order with Clonehead. He can fix you up with some stormy buckets! LOL.

So, what in your opinion is the best kitbashed Stormtrooper. The one you just mentioned? R1 5POA Stormy Heads on TAC Bodies?

Yeah when the SL11 stormtrooper came out in the Rebels line, I was looking for Resin heads of those. They were good sculpts, in some ways better than the R1 heads.
The kitbashed ones are basically the tvc Stormtrooper lukes, just less shinymore yellow. It's alright because in formation you can't see the bodies mostly the heads. When I made those it was years before tvc relaunched and I wasn't expecting to ever see a new stormtrooper again. I have a squad left of yellowed and dirty stormtroopers i might just stick in the back.  If I get any more they'll probably be those Chinese bootleg OTC ones.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:02:16 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #556 on: December 18, 2020, 05:17:29 AM »
I wondered.

And yes, those one we featured awhile back sure do seem to have the right price point. I mean for standing in a formation they would work great.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #557 on: December 19, 2020, 07:40:25 AM »
So many stormtroopers!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #558 on: January 02, 2021, 05:33:20 AM »
So many stormtroopers!

97 units are ready, with more on the way.
I cheated and used mudtroopers in my heavy weapons platoon.  I'm just 7 shy of two platoons. Well I have them, but they're not in great condition. They're "battle hardened". I think next I'll concentrate on the armored platoon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #559 on: January 02, 2021, 07:48:23 AM »
Wow, those look awesome all together. I never did get a Mudtrooper. I am gonna have to rectify that.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #560 on: January 02, 2021, 10:11:25 AM »
Wow, those look awesome all together. I never did get a Mudtrooper. I am gonna have to rectify that.
  Thanks, yeah  I got them in the Target exclusive six pack. That was a cool set. I was waiting for them to hit clearence, after I bought two sets, but they never hit clearence. The set comes with a stormtrooper commander, mimban stormtrooper, patrol trooper,  mudtrooper han, mudtrooper medic and a tie pilot. 5poa, but for this application its works great. So altogether I got 5 of those six packs to make a full mudtrooper squad. I'll probably put the patrol troopers with my security squads.   Also mimban han came single carded, if you're lucky enough to have found him. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 10:38:47 AM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #561 on: January 03, 2021, 02:33:22 AM »
I got that set too, one day my Target had a sale, and with the way figures were going I figured it would be the only way to get the Patrol Trooper and Mudtroopers. Alas, there was only one.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #562 on: February 02, 2021, 08:28:12 PM »
I made a Gonk droid, one of many I will be making. Being that it's made of hard plastic, I was able to spray paint it. Painting Gonks in the past i used acrylic, and it just scratched off. Spray paint is more durable. Then I added model kit parts. Then gave it a series of washes, and dry brushings.

HO-9 Was a modified Gonk droid owned by the Mining Guild. He was modified for high output. He sported a pair of heavy duty outlets, a water cooled generator, and a high flow oiling system.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 08:31:38 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #563 on: February 02, 2021, 08:42:09 PM »
I love the additions to this GONK - it gives it more character. The paint job is great too. What spray paint did you use?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #564 on: February 02, 2021, 09:00:15 PM »
I love the additions to this GONK - it gives it more character. The paint job is great too. What spray paint did you use?

Thank you! I used Tamiya Yellow. They don't make a flat yellow, but black washes will dull it down, also you can give it a flat clear spray coat.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #565 on: February 03, 2021, 06:12:13 AM »
I agree, just a great color on this. Love the sticker on him too. I sure wish Hasbro would do the Greebly treatment to a droid sometime.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #566 on: February 03, 2021, 08:11:12 AM »
Thank you Tamer. I like the plain Jane Gonks, just for this purpose. What would be awesome is a Droid Factory/Droid Depot Build a Gonk, with different colors, hoods and attachments. Who doesn't like Gonks? They're trashcans with little legs.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #567 on: February 03, 2021, 01:01:15 PM »
I made a couple more GONKs. The first is a mixed franchise Star Wars Futurama Planet Express GONK. It has a similar paint scheme, using mostly Tamiya Cobalt Green Spray, Vallejo flat red. Also I had some Planet Express decals that I put on there. Not many Greebles, I had an old Cell Phone that was destroyed, so I took it apart and used some micro chip parts. They make really cool tiny details for computers and machines.

The Other is the Texaco GONK. I used Tamiya Dull red as the  basecoat. I drybrushed different shades, added the decals then sprayed matte clear over it. Then blackwashed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 01:03:20 PM by JDeck »

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #568 on: February 03, 2021, 08:57:30 PM »
Loving those Gonk droids!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #569 on: February 03, 2021, 10:31:12 PM »
I love the light! Great job. They totally fit in in Galgrebaa