Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110588 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« Reply #525 on: August 17, 2020, 05:46:30 PM »
These are some mean looking wookies! I really like how you matched the prosthetic to a backstory.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #526 on: August 20, 2020, 08:36:36 AM »
MAN, the whole Smokey and the Bandit set is amazing.  You just nailed the blending of the two styles so perfectly.  I saw someone do a Smokey Landspeeder a while back, but the Smokey Falcon is just too damned cool.  BRAVO!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #527 on: August 20, 2020, 11:40:03 AM »
Never thought of Wookies being pirates. Thinking of the Wookie catamaran, I could well see a wookie pirate ship in a similar design. Great ideas, JD!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #528 on: August 20, 2020, 01:30:13 PM »
These are some mean looking wookies! I really like how you matched the prosthetic to a backstory.

Thank you! I like making stories for my customs, it kind of gives me an idea of the characters personality, and how he should look in my mind.

MAN, the whole Smokey and the Bandit set is amazing.  You just nailed the blending of the two styles so perfectly.  I saw someone do a Smokey Landspeeder a while back, but the Smokey Falcon is just too damned cool.  BRAVO!

Thank you! I imagine freighter pilots are pretty much space truckers. The falcon isn't mine, but it is indeed badass.

Never thought of Wookies being pirates. Thinking of the Wookie catamaran, I could well see a wookie pirate ship in a similar design. Great ideas, JD!
Thank you. The Wookiee pirates are loosely based on Black Cesar. He's a legendary pirate, who was an African Chieftain, then eventually captured by slavers. With the help of a sailor he and the other slaves were able to overpower the crew and take off on a lifeboat. Then they stole a ship, while posing as shipwrecked sailors.   According to legend he was one of the only surviving members of Captain Blackbeard's crew. I like to base my characters on historical figures or stories I like.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 01:37:10 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #529 on: August 24, 2020, 05:04:16 PM »
Just made a couple of super simple criminal figures. The Devorian uses a Vitruvian hacks Knight blank black body. I got the idea from Don "Chuckles" awesome Ghost Rider custom, and thought it makes cool biker armour.  My first HACKS figure, and I was not happy with the waist, he keept breaking in half, so I hot glued the waist together. Second is a Hiya toys Red Hood, with a SOTE Swoop Trooper head. The Red Hood figure is fantastic, but he needed Star Wars-ification. I like it, he's kind of an updated version of the SOTE Swoop Trooper.

Sotona Vreg was the Devorian leader of the Na Buzarru gang's enforcers. Along with his Dug toadie Zlocesti Pas, he collected debts owed to the gang. He was criminally insane, he takes what he wants and murders at will. He's a heavy gambler, who somehow always wins. Perhaps because, if he loses people die.

Obo Yitsa was an enforcer for the Na Buzarru gang. He was a former Imperial Scout, who defected, because he didn't want to die for the Empire. He used the skills he learned in Scout training to become an effective assassin.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:47:10 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #530 on: August 25, 2020, 03:02:49 AM »
These are great. We never have enough of these types of characters on the pegs. These would work great on the ole Sail Barge too.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #531 on: August 25, 2020, 08:45:34 AM »
Tat is a very slick set of gangsters.  Great choice of parts, especially the Red Hood body and Swoop rider head.  You caught the Star Wars vibe perfectly.

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #532 on: August 27, 2020, 11:01:39 AM »
Just made a couple of super simple criminal figures.

These look amazing!! 8)  ..what are you guys using to stop the paint chipping on the joints?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #533 on: August 27, 2020, 11:59:03 AM »
I see a Devoronian, I like. Simple as that. Great use of parts!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #534 on: August 27, 2020, 12:07:02 PM »
These guys turned out great. I really like the use of the Red Hood figure and swoop biker helmet. Good backstories as well (I love the Dug's name).  :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 12:15:11 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #535 on: November 13, 2020, 08:13:07 PM »
Thank you all for your great comments. I've just been lurking instead of working. Been busy doing reality stuff. I had some time to work on a fodder figure. Basically it's Chiana from Farscape, but I figured it was a cool design and would work in my Star Wars world. I'm going to call her an Arkanian hybrid, named Zima.  It's made from Zorii Bliss lower half and arms, ROTS Aylaa Secure upper torso and GI JOE Helix head, painted, not the greatest paint job. Couldn't find my vallejo white, so I used Tamiya, which isn't great for dry brushing. I was playing with my Wicket, and got a cool idea , so here's a teaser for my Ewok Wednesday (A national Holiday I created celebrating all things Ewok, the day before Thanksgiving) figure. He's gonna be called Lil Bastard. An offworld Ewok copilot.

Zima was the daughter of a wealthy Galgrebian importer/exporter, who married a wealthy Arkanian Businessman's daughter in order to strengthen their trade partnership. However after the clone wars the business went bust and so did the family. Her mother moved back to Arkania, and her father flew around the galaxy selling surplus equipment. Zima decided to stay on Galgrebaa, because she feared she wouldn't be welcomed into Arkanian society, because she was a human hybrid. She was a street urchin for a while until she joined a pirate crew. Eventually the crew joined the Rebellion and became a great asset to defeating the Empire.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:39:52 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #536 on: November 14, 2020, 06:10:17 AM »
Nice, I had such a crush on that girl when Farscape was on. I wonder what she did after that?

Anyhew, great custom. That Ewok seems like he has a finger problem? LOL.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #537 on: November 14, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »
I really like the recipe for Chiana, she  turned out well. I like the backstory - especially the Arkania connection. Tamer, the actress does a lot with music and has been in some TV, and short films.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #538 on: November 14, 2020, 04:58:23 PM »
Nice, I had such a crush on that girl when Farscape was on. I wonder what she did after that?

Anyhew, great custom. That Ewok seems like he has a finger problem? LOL.

Off to the front pages.
Thanks Tamer!  The Ewok is throwing the bird. That's how I play with my figures. Maybe if I heat it up I can make it more pronounced. I'm just going to do a little bit of sculpting and accessories for him, nothing major.
I really like the recipe for Chiana, she  turned out well. I like the backstory - especially the Arkania connection. Tamer, the actress does a lot with music and has been in some TV, and short films.

Thank you! I think I'm going to repaint it, when I get better suited paint. It's proof of concept though. The parts did fit like a charm, just had to dremel the head slightly. Everything else fit better than expected.

Offline L-Jarvis customs

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lieutenant
  • You were the chosen one!
« Reply #539 on: November 14, 2020, 11:53:47 PM »
Excellent work! I love seeing your customs! I get inspired every time!
Remember why the Sith are more powerful than the Jedi, Sidious: because we are not afraid to feel.