Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110592 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« Reply #465 on: May 12, 2020, 05:41:51 PM »
Great work on the wookiee, that's some very nice sculpting right there!

Thank you! It didn't take any time at all. Just green stuff and a toothpick.
You are definitely getting good at sculpting.
Thank you. I got a lot of practice sculpting hair with the Usagi figure I made.

I don't know much about Rebels, so I don't know Vizago, yet. All I know is that I like your custom of him.
But hey JD, did your Wookie custom turn out great! He's looking raw! Awesome work on headsculpt and paint apps! Also like your reference to SOLO! A repaint of a couple Wookies and Ewoks is also on my list.
Thanks for sharing! High expectations are to meet now.

Rebels was a cool show. Seasons 2&3 are the best in my opinion. I'm partial to the Imperial Era, so I like the storyline. I had an idea for a custom ewok, I should probably get to that. I ordered parts for a custom that was supposed to come today, but got delayed. Kind of a bummer. It'll be different. It'll either be really cool or really lame. Won't know until I make it.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #466 on: May 12, 2020, 09:43:08 PM »
I was looking at Shapeways products and someone used my pictures to sell their products. Gee thanks for asking.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #467 on: May 13, 2020, 08:36:53 AM »
I was looking at Shapeways products and someone used my pictures to sell their products. Gee thanks for asking.

Wow, they should have at least asked! I mean I bet you would have said yes, but things like this really burn me up.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #468 on: May 13, 2020, 11:30:23 AM »

Wow, they should have at least asked! I mean I bet you would have said yes, but things like this really burn me up.
Had he asked, I would have taken better pictures.
Same thing with the guy I had make the custom decals for me. After he printed them, he offered them for sale to the public. In all honesty, I stole the artwork, it's not mine, so I'm not that mad. I just wanted the decals to have something different for my diorama(s).  It's like getting a tattoo and seeing someone else with the same exact thing from the same exact artist. At least change it a little. If it were my artwork I'd be super pissed. So I don't know if I want to get him to make any more custom decals, but he does do a good job.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:49:15 AM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #469 on: May 13, 2020, 01:40:32 PM »
Geez, but I'm afraid this piracy will become an even greater problem the more popular the do-it-yourself stuff gets...hope you could make him remove your pictures from his offer.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #470 on: May 13, 2020, 01:51:06 PM »
Geez, but I'm afraid this piracy will become an even greater problem the more popular the do-it-yourself stuff gets...hope you could make him remove your pictures from his offer.
  Meh It doesn't bother me at all, it just came as a shock to see my pictures on there. I'm more offended it's not the main picture. I guess if someone steals your S#!+ then you're doing something right.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #471 on: May 13, 2020, 01:57:23 PM »
I like your attitude JD! That's a relaxed way to see things. I can relate how strange it must've felt to see your pics in a different place. But I agree, you must do everything right! Still Looking for some boxes you got at Walmart. lol I'm a copycat, too!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #472 on: May 13, 2020, 02:22:50 PM »
I like your attitude JD! That's a relaxed way to see things. I can relate how strange it must've felt to see your pics in a different place. But I agree, you must do everything right! Still Looking for some boxes you got at Walmart. lol I'm a copycat, too!
We all do it to a degree. What gets me are the people selling unlicensed star wars products, then they get bent out of shape when someone steals it from them. Well I'm sorry the design belongs to LFL. Do you have a copyright? You could say the same for resin castings. It is what it is.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #473 on: May 14, 2020, 09:40:50 PM »
Rokkchecc rocks:) Really, I love the sculpting on this guy. He looks great and is unique from other Wookie designs that Hasbro has made. Great job! Vizago turned out really well. As frustrating as it is that the vendor didn't ask (and rude), at least you can be proud that they thought your work was good enough to highlight their product (its kind of a bittersweet thing). Great job on these figures.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #474 on: May 15, 2020, 12:08:25 AM »
Love both figures JD but damn the wookie looks awesome buddy, well done indeed.

Ron

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #475 on: May 15, 2020, 05:57:44 AM »
I just noticed Rokkchecc and Vizago. Those are both great!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #476 on: May 16, 2020, 05:34:52 PM »
Rokkchecc rocks:) Really, I love the sculpting on this guy. He looks great and is unique from other Wookie designs that Hasbro has made. Great job! Vizago turned out really well. As frustrating as it is that the vendor didn't ask (and rude), at least you can be proud that they thought your work was good enough to highlight their product (its kind of a bittersweet thing). Great job on these figures.

Thank you! It would be nice to have gotten some more wookiees. Rots line had a decent amount, then they stopped making them until TBS merumeru. I know I keep saying this about every species design, but wookiees are my favorite.

I just noticed Rokkchecc and Vizago. Those are both great!

Thank you they will make a fine addition to my collection. I like making these background characters. It seems like we're not getting very many background characters anymore.
Love both figures JD but damn the wookie looks awesome buddy, well done indeed.

Ron
Thank you. A wookiee pirate just seemed very obvious, they don't have anything to loose. I would imagine they'd use their native armor. I got a knife from the HACKS figure that works perfectly.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 05:36:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #477 on: May 16, 2020, 05:47:56 PM »
  I made a figure using the Vitruvian HACKS Old One head and hands and the body from Mezco Johann Krauss. I like the Krauss because he has this dieselpunk diving suit that I think works great for an octopus alien space suit. My only gripe is he's a little short and I wish the tentacles were a little shorter, because it covers his suit mechanisms.

Himilco Pytheas was a deep space explorer. He spent his life searching for his homeworld and people. He was taken from his home by an explorer as a small child and was never told of his origins.  He was contracted to charter expeditions to unknown systems for Galgrebian mining companies in search of valuable resources. His ship had the most extensive and complete star map in the Galaxy. He would often tell pirates and rebels of uncharted habitable worlds to hideout, sometimes for a good price.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:40:26 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #478 on: May 17, 2020, 05:42:37 AM »
Oh yeah, he looks great. I like him.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #479 on: May 17, 2020, 10:06:34 AM »
The Wookie is great.  And I think the Vizago on the Joe Colton figure works really well.  But the Cthulhu on the Kraus body is the winner for me.  It really come together well.

I also like you attitude about the images being stolen.  I've had artwork stolen before and I'm usually more upset that they used a crappy low res version than the actually theft itself.   I read some stuff from Dave Sime who created Cerebus the Aardvark, that he doesn't really care if people rip off his art, if someone can do his characters better than he does, they deserve what ever they make off of it.  It's the philosophy I've adopted.