Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110586 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« Reply #420 on: April 10, 2020, 06:34:04 PM »
Wow - that Ithorian turned out really great (good back story as well). I like the droid side-kick as well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #421 on: April 11, 2020, 07:19:20 AM »
Don't get me wrong here. I like your droid, but that Ithorian is hands down fantastic. So cool. Looks freaking tough.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #422 on: April 11, 2020, 06:55:36 PM »
Wow - that Ithorian turned out really great (good back story as well). I like the droid side-kick as well.
Thank you Starchaser! I was thinking today that I could  definitely use an inventory Droid sidekick. One that speaks Arabic, Spanish, Korean and Japanese. That would be nice.

Don't get me wrong here. I like your droid, but that Ithorian is hands down fantastic. So cool. Looks freaking tough.

Off to the front pages.
Thank you Tamer. The Droid took more time to make in reality, with all the paint aps. The Ithorian is just a no paint kitbash using Acid Rain Space prisoner. It's an awesome figure. I was going to paint it however they put an oil wash on it, which looks great but impossible to paint over. I was just going to paint it a darker brown, but the orange is just as well.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #423 on: April 12, 2020, 03:21:22 AM »
Super nice paint on the droid. The dirty orange on the ithorian looks fine to me. That is a cool figure

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #424 on: April 12, 2020, 07:05:36 AM »
I zoomed in on the droid, you are right just great paint work.

That Ithorian is still awesome looking though. The paint on him is fine.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #425 on: April 12, 2020, 07:26:04 AM »
Kudos JD! The suit of Eskar-Goh looks brutally awesome! So does the metal look of AP-1D. Man, can't stop looking at both of them. Your containers look really nice, too! Great theme chosen you have! More citizens we need!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #426 on: April 13, 2020, 05:58:23 PM »
Super nice paint on the droid. The dirty orange on the ithorian looks fine to me. That is a cool figure
Thank you. Yeah Acid Rain makes some great figures. The space prisoner accommodates the Ithorian neck really well.

I zoomed in on the droid, you are right just great paint work.

That Ithorian is still awesome looking though. The paint on him is fine.
Thank you. Yeah I was hoping to do like a snail shell exosuit, but the acid rain weathering is really great so it worked out.
Kudos JD! The suit of Eskar-Goh looks brutally awesome! So does the metal look of AP-1D. Man, can't stop looking at both of them. Your containers look really nice, too! Great theme chosen you have! More citizens we need!

Thank you DM! Ithorian are my favorite aliens and I wanted a space man Ithorian. With the droid I wanted to give him an insect look. Like a snail with an Aphid sidekick. I think one day I want to make a space station, so I'll need a lot of shipping containers.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #427 on: April 13, 2020, 06:05:42 PM »
Here is another Galgrebian citizen. Fleezum N. Cheatem was a Ranat junk dealer on Galgrebaa during the Imperial Era. His junk business was mostly just a front for his more lucrative Black Market. He would buy and sell anything, Spice, weapons, stolen goods, speeders ships, whatever anyone would ever want. The Rebels had little choice than to deal with Fleezum, and the Empire looked the other way because Fleezum would give them valuable information, but not too much information, just enough to get himself out of trouble.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:58:43 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #428 on: April 14, 2020, 08:09:57 AM »
Wow, looks great. I so think we just need wave after wave of figures like this to fill out our cantinas and Sail Barges, etc.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #429 on: April 14, 2020, 08:27:37 AM »
Hell yes! Love the rat!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2020, 12:53:06 PM »
Haha that's a cheesy one! I love it!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2020, 01:56:29 PM »
I love that name :) Good use of the Elis Helrot body with the Boss Fight head. The paint job on his head is excellent. Great backstory! You need to build one of his suppliers now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 09:50:29 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2020, 03:31:23 PM »
Wow, looks great. I so think we just need wave after wave of figures like this to fill out our cantinas and Sail Barges, etc.

Off to the front pages.
Thank you! I know, now that I'm making citizens it would be great if we got some more blink and miss background characters. I'd love to get some solo sabacc players.

Hell yes! Love the rat!
Thank you! I can see why you like these boss fight kits, they're pretty awesome!
Haha that's a cheesy one! I love it!
Haha thanks DM! I was looking for a different boss flight figure but found this and had to get it. I didn't think I'd use the cheese wedge it came with but once I painted it, I had to use it.

I love that name :) Good use of the Elis Helrot body with the Boos Fight head. The paint job on his head is excellent. Great backstory! You need to build one of his suppliers now.
Thank you! The name comes from the Three Stooges. I think there was an investigator named I fleecem and the law offices of Dewey Cheatem and Howe. Actually I am going to make his Spice supplier a minor local  subsidiary of Quay Tolsite and the Pyke Syndicate, of course in his own mind he's a major league gangster.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2020, 09:51:11 PM »
That'll be fun. I look forward to seeing the figure.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #434 on: April 15, 2020, 01:55:06 PM »
The vitruvian hacks rodent kit came with two heads and a set of paws, so I'm going to utilize them. The second head looks a lot like a Bothan, but of course there is no real canonical pictures of what they look like. But here is my take.

During the early years of the Empire, Mon Mothma sent a number of Bothan spies to Galgrebaa, in order to find out what the Empire was transporting through the planet ports. Galgrebaa was at the crossroads of Imperial transportation and logistics, most of the bulk items shipped by the Empire made a stop on Galgrebaa at some point. The Bothans were instructed to investigate a large shipment of Kyber crystals originating from Jedha.