Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110606 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2020, 10:35:11 AM »
Gado Kage - man, I immediately believe that his campaign was successful! Awesome costume design, mate! Hats off.
Thank you. The inspiration for the figure was Oda Nobunaga a Japanese Lord during the Sengoku Jidai (age of warring states 1467-1619 AD) Some say he was a unifier others a bad guy, but I say he was a badass. Everyone was a "bad guy" back then, he was just really good at it. So I see the Imperial Remnant era as being similar to the warring states period. The empire was fractured and everyone wanted to "unify" the Galaxy by becoming the next Emperor, or at the very least keep what territory they had. There were some alliances but mostly it was a free for all.
Hey, great custom. Off to the front pages.
Thank you Tamer. Yeah the story is a Star Wars version of MacBeth, works for me. I'd love to see a star Wars version of MacBeth as a Star Wars story, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 12:11:12 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2020, 07:55:46 PM »
Great custom mate.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2020, 12:23:13 AM »
I really like the concept behind this figure. The backstory is excellent:) Using Oda as an inspiration really works. The figure looks excellent, too - totally believable. Your design was very creative and works brilliantly.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #378 on: February 29, 2020, 03:57:04 PM »
Great custom mate.

Ron
Thank you Ron!

I really like the concept behind this figure. The backstory is excellent:) Using Oda as an inspiration really works. The figure looks excellent, too - totally believable. Your design was very creative and works brilliantly.
Thank you Starchaser. I started reading about Oda after watching Kagemusha. He isn't the main character, but he seemed badass. Kagemusha would not have been made if not for George Lucas. This was 1980, Lucas was always a big Kurosawa fan, you can see Kurosawas influence in Star Wars. Anyway, Kagemusha was over budget and Toho didn't want to fund the rest of the production, so Lucas was able to talk 20th century into fitting the bill, in exchange for international rights. It was a success and a really great movie.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 03:58:37 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #379 on: February 29, 2020, 04:04:01 PM »
I made a Incinerator Stormtrooper inspired by the one in Mandolorian. I used TVC Stormtrooper (painted) and removed the thermal detonator to make room for the backpack. The backpack was made from the TFA 5poa flametrooper, turned upside down. The flame thrower is made from the back half of a T-21 (sandtrooper gun) and the front half of the flamethrower and flame effect is from the TLJ boba Fett Han Solo two pack flamethrower. The hoses are made from headphone wires. The harness is from an AT-ST driver, cut and painted.  The pauldron is from the TVC Shadow Stormtrooper (painted).
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:23:38 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #380 on: March 01, 2020, 06:25:41 AM »
Wow, that looks awesome. Good to see you back too.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #381 on: March 01, 2020, 04:45:33 PM »
Great custom, JDeck. I’ve been planning to tackle this guy and deciding what to use for the tanks, so the flame trooper info is invaluable as well!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #382 on: March 01, 2020, 05:06:18 PM »
Wow, that looks awesome. Good to see you back too.

Off to the front pages.

Thank you Tamer. I bout a few Stormtroopers just for customizing and I'm happy to announce Dorkside has shipped my Stormtrooper case I ordered last July  just in time for the ITT. We'll see when it arrives what is actually inside.
I'm never really gone. I check in daily, mostly while I'm waiting for something or someone at work, so I don't always have time to reply or post comments. People have made some really cool stuff so far this year.

Great custom, JDeck. I’ve been planning to tackle this guy and deciding what to use for the tanks, so the flame trooper info is invaluable as well!
Thank you! I was looking for Stormtrooper ideas and came across the Hot toys incinerator trooper, and thought, I can make that in small scale, or something close enough.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #383 on: March 02, 2020, 03:11:03 AM »
Glad you order is coming, I know you wondered about that. I still haven't gotten my hands on one of those vintage RO Stormies yet. They will look good in that ITT.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #384 on: March 02, 2020, 07:21:48 PM »
Glad you order is coming, I know you wondered about that. I still haven't gotten my hands on one of those vintage RO Stormies yet. They will look good in that ITT.
I went from worried to pissed to just writing it off completely to now just irritated. Hopefully it comes tomorrow. They used FedEx and I've been tracking it and it shipped from Tennessee to Virginia, and it went to VA to wva to MD to wva to Richmond and gave it to USPS. SMH. If they just used USPS to begin with I would have had it Saturday. At any rate, I have something cool coming Friday from shapeways, so I'll have another custom Stormtrooper or two this weekend.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:25:22 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2020, 03:03:14 AM »
Good ole Fed Ex. Oh what stories I could tell. Anxious to see what you show us here in a few days. Sounds great.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #386 on: March 03, 2020, 08:18:03 PM »
Yeah they came in today. Honestly I was expecting a case of either snoke or jyn erso. That happened with my Kmart order, it wasn't a case, but 3 figures.
With FedEx I guess it makes a little bit of sense, apparently I'm just low priority. I'm in the delivery business and I recently, well today I had to restructure the route because I had to move the warehouse from one side of the metro area to the opposite. So I just made a big figure-8 with priority stops on the upswing and low priority on the backswing, ending the same place I started closest to the new warehouse. It seems more efficient to me, whether it is or not is debatable.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #387 on: March 03, 2020, 09:37:11 PM »
Pretty darn cool flame trooper!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #388 on: March 05, 2020, 03:45:21 PM »
Pretty darn cool flame trooper!
Thank you.  These TVC Stormtroopers are great canvases for customs. So stay tuned for more variants.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #389 on: March 05, 2020, 04:11:45 PM »
I missed this as well. Great trooper.
Would you believe I haven’t seen the Mandalorian yet?