Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110594 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2019, 06:10:21 PM »
Very cool! I'm so envious. Those are hard to come by these days.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #331 on: August 10, 2019, 08:26:53 PM »
Very cool! I'm so envious. Those are hard to come by these days.
Thanks bud! Hasbro totally needs to redo the E-WEB, just like they did the Probe droid. However thanks to the anti-5poa crowd, I don't see that happening.  From what I hear, they're not going to make forcelink, or any 5poa figures anymore, which is a shame. They had some real gems.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:41:01 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2019, 07:16:43 AM »
Oh yeah, that is awesome. I like it. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »
Oh yeah, that is awesome. I like it. Off to share.
Thank you Tamer. I like the E-WEB, it's a defensive weapon, but it's fairly mobile. I imagine it would take 4-5 guys to carry everything. I'm still waiting for these Stormtroopers, but I have a cool Dio in mind.

Online Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #334 on: August 11, 2019, 11:17:36 PM »
I like your technique with the magnets for blast effects - very cleverly done. The E-Web looks really good, the detail on the sight is particularly impressive - great job!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #335 on: August 12, 2019, 06:09:59 PM »
I like your technique with the magnets for blast effects - very cleverly done. The E-Web looks really good, the detail on the sight is particularly impressive - great job!
Thank you. I got a few more blast effects, in the mail today. I used a bigger caliber for the T-21, which in my SW headcanon is like a powerful elephant gun.  The E-WEB, I gave a different blast effect, than the one I had.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:45:47 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2019, 03:47:58 AM »
Very nice. Like all the different swap out opportunities here. I like the new effect in the Eweb a bit better. Off to share.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2019, 09:26:38 AM »
Thank you. I got a few more blast effects, in the mail today. I used a bigger caliber for the T-21, which in my SW headcanon is like a powerful elephant gun.  The E-WEB, I gave a different blast effect, than the one I had.

These are really cool! I wish they had blue and green blaster bolt effects as well, but those seem rare or nonexistent.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2019, 12:30:23 PM »
Quote from: JDeck link=topic=10103.msg212705#msg212705 date=156565859
[/quote

These are really cool! I wish they had blue and green blaster bolt effects as well, but those seem rare or nonexistent.

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. For the most part the blaster bolts are red, but blue would be awesome.  The next time I go to my local hobby shop, I'm going to pick up a resin cast/mold kit, and try it out and review it. I've never done it before, so it'll be, something.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2019, 12:49:54 PM »
Very nice. Like all the different swap out opportunities here. I like the new effect in the Eweb a bit better. Off to share.
Thank you! Yeah I do too. I'm thinking maybe with those Bandai blast effects, I can mount them somehow, for midair blasts, passing by, in a diorama.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #340 on: August 21, 2019, 05:06:51 PM »
I customized my Stormtrooper Commander, I will call him Lieutenant Vitz.  He's equipped with a backpack, patrol droid, commander pauldron, macrobinoculars, T-21B blaster for long range and an SE-14C, with holster, for close quarters.  As a Squad Commander, his role is to direct fire, and to order the attack team to engage the enemy. He has no fixed position, sometimes he stays with the defence team, and other times he goes with the attack team.

I added some magnets to the back, in order to attach the backpack. I first cut the backpack flush, only leaving the two small supports for the lower back. Since the backpack is hollow I filled it with hit glue. Then while the glue was still hot, I slathered petroleum jelly over the back of the figure, and made an impression of the back on the backpack. Then I drilled a hole for the magnet on the little "donut" on the back of the figure. The magnet fits perfectly in that circle, however since it's off center, the backpack wouldn't stay in place. So, I added another set of magnets to the lower back. Aesthetically, it's not perfect with the backpack off, but what are you gonna do?
    Then I added a holster, from a TIE pilot, and I used a set of magnets to attach the binoculars to the belt.  And a set of magnets to connect the T-21B to the backpack. The figure is still new, and the joints and hands are still stiff.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:55:13 PM by JDeck »

Online Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #341 on: August 21, 2019, 10:07:45 PM »
Wow, JDeck. You've done a really good job with this figure. The different equipment makes sense and the use of magnets is really excellent. I also like that you are thinking about the character's story. Great work.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #342 on: August 22, 2019, 01:26:55 AM »
Wow, JDeck. You've done a really good job with this figure. The different equipment makes sense and the use of magnets is really excellent. I also like that you are thinking about the character's story. Great work.
Thank you! The character's names are derived from the German movie, Stalingrad (1993). It's about a squad of german Pioneers during the Battle of Stalingrad. The main character was a Lieutenant Witzland, pronounced Vitzland.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #343 on: August 22, 2019, 01:44:18 AM »
I agree with Starchaser! This Sandtrooper provides so much variety in use & equipment thanks to your modifications. I've seen customizers using tiny magnets for truly smart mods. So I might incorporate some oof those as well down the line. Having added so many features and accessories this makes it a premium action figure in 1/18 scale! I wish Hasbro would give us that amout of accessories for making us pay $12.99 or 15,99€...
Excellent job as said before and much thanks for sharing your work!

- Philipp

P.S.: That's a well done movie, indeed! Witzland means "jokeland" translated directly. Reminds me a bit of how the Jedi Jocland Danva is pronounced. Great job on Vitzland there!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 02:48:44 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #344 on: August 22, 2019, 03:11:27 AM »
I like him. Off to share.