Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110590 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2019, 11:24:40 PM »
The T21B blater looks really cool. I think I'll try to make one for my imperial army collection.
I also like your prisoner Chewbacca and Beedo custom figures.
Excellent work.

Thank you. I really like the details on the spacetrooper blaster. It even has an imperial inlay on the stock. The T-21B is based on the spacetrooper blaster, but Hasbro didn't get all of the details right, they just needed a little help.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2019, 11:28:30 PM »
Beedo turned out well. I really like the heavy blaster, it's a good combination of parts to augment the standard Stormtrooper arsenal. Nice job.
Thank you. I really think the modern figures are really lacking accessories and a lack of variation. Look at the exclusive Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker, he has a com link and grappling hook, but they're fixed permanently. I just have no words. Even POTF2 had a grappling hook gun, which is in no way accurate, but it was cool. The figures are great, but the accessories are, non existent. I guess that's why there's customizers.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:06:11 AM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #317 on: July 29, 2019, 08:16:55 PM »
Beedo turned out well. I really like the heavy blaster, it's a good combination of parts to augment the standard Stormtrooper arsenal. Nice job.
Thank you. I really think the modern figures are really lacking accessories and a lack of variation. Look at the exclusive Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker, he has a com link and grappling hook, but they're fixed permanently. I just have no words. Even POTF2 had a grappling hook gun, which is in no way accurate, but it was cool. The figures are great, but the accessories are, non existent. I guess that's why there's customizers.
Yep! Its sad when you consider the amount of accessories that come with a Boss Fight Studios figure or the like. But we can imagine and create - that's part of the fun.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #318 on: August 06, 2019, 07:52:48 PM »
Yep! Its sad when you consider the amount of accessories that come with a Boss Fight Studios figure or the like. But we can imagine and create - that's part of the fun.
Yup that's what we do.

Speaking of which, I made a DLT-19D. It's made from a non Star Wars MG-34. The top scope is from a GI Joe, the little scope on the side of the barrel is from an underscaled E-11. The sensors or whater below the barrel are from Chewbacca's crossbow. Then I bent some wire and attached it to the gun and the sensors. Then I added a magnet to the end of the barrel, and to a blaster effect that came with Djas Puhr. I'm still waiting for my Stormtroopers, so this Mimban Stormtrooper will do, as it's the same sculpt and articulation.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:23:37 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2019, 10:56:40 PM »
Whoa, that turned out nice! Thanks for sharing the recipe, brilliant build.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #320 on: August 08, 2019, 06:13:41 AM »
Whoa, that turned out nice! Thanks for sharing the recipe, brilliant build.
Thank you Starchaser. The DLT-19 seen in EP.4 and Rogue one are based on the MG-34. You can find some pretty good 1/18 replicas with folded or unfolded bipod. I did have to chop off the box that covers the receiver from a Star wars DLT-19, and add it to the MG-34. Otherwise it would have been a big hole there, where the ammunition goes. I might see if I can do something with an MG-42, which has a slightly different barrel. Actually the Hasbro Star wars DLT-19 looks like it's based on the MG-42, I think they used both in the movie.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:00:35 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #321 on: August 08, 2019, 08:17:11 AM »
Well I ran out of internet time yesterday morning, but I did get that great rifle on the front pages. It looks perfect. I can't wait to see what you get into with that squad of new stormtroopers. I so have to order a few myself.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #322 on: August 08, 2019, 12:18:34 PM »
Well I ran out of internet time yesterday morning, but I did get that great rifle on the front pages. It looks perfect. I can't wait to see what you get into with that squad of new stormtroopers. I so have to order a few myself.
Thank you Tamer! Perfect is a strong word. I'm finding it difficult to get these weapons and accessories to glue together permanently. Yesterday, I bought Gorilla liquid super glue, that seems to work, also loctite gel does well. I'll do some more testing. Yeah I pre-ordered the STs on 7/4, from Dorkside, they claim August arrival, but I'm growing increasingly impatient, as DS doesn't have the best reputation. I would be so pissed if they cancelled it.

I did add some more magnetic blast effects to some different weapons I'll be using. E-11, SE-14C, and RT-97C. I bought some tiny magnets and an el cheapo pin vise drill bit, just slightly bigger than the diameter of the magnet. I made sure the right ends of the magnets were facing each other and glued one to the rifle, and one to the blast effect. If I were a really smart feller I would have made sure the magnets on the blast effects fit universally with all of the guns.  Ohh wells. When I grab an effect, I have a 50/50 shot of picking the right one.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:00:31 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2019, 07:12:05 AM »
Very nice. I can see what you mean about using the same magnet ends. Are you casting your blast effects or just picked a bunch up? Off to share the update.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2019, 02:35:48 PM »
Very nice. I can see what you mean about using the same magnet ends. Are you casting your blast effects or just picked a bunch up? Off to share the update.
Thanks Tamer. I had a couple of those blast effects in my fodder box, and that eBay seller from Midlothian, put a couple in that fodder box he gave me. Last night in a Mt dew fueled stupor, bought a lot of blast effects of different sizes and shapes. They might be cool for different caliber weapons. I still have an E-WEB, I'd like to modify.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:54:59 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2019, 06:24:41 AM »
I like the looks of them.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2019, 10:43:19 AM »
Where do you find the blaster effects? Ebay?
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2019, 11:18:18 AM »
I've just had some in my fodder box, from figures and buying fodder lots. Up until recently, I didn't much care for special effects on figures, but it's grown on me.  Globaltoyexchange on eBay is selling blast effects like the ones I have, individually.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2019, 11:32:07 AM »
I've just had some in my fodder box, from figures and buying fodder lots. Up until recently, I didn't much care for special effects on figures, but it's grown on me.  Globaltoyexchange on eBay is selling blast effects like the ones I have, individually.

Excellent. Thanks for the tip! Keep up the good work on your weapons. These look very good.  O0
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2019, 05:55:53 PM »
I added some detail to my E-WEB. I used plastic model kit parts, then I painted it flat black, with a gunmetal dry brush. I painted the optic display first with gloss white, then clear gloss red. The blast effect us from a Bandai kit, I'll change it up, if I find something better.  The box I detailed a few years ago. This is E-WEB part deux. I really don't know what happened to my old one, but this is better.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:23:55 PM by JDeck »