Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110592 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2019, 06:23:34 AM »
Oh yeah, looks good. I like him. Off to share.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2019, 08:18:21 AM »
I would like to build a diorama display for everything. It's an evolutionary process. It started out with the idea for a Jedha Dio when I got the assault tank, then it became an unspecified desert planet, now Kashyyyk. I still need to customize the TBS AT-ST. At the moment I'm just having fun building figures.[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you mean! And that's why I love the hobby so much! You start off with a basic idea and then it develops and changes over time with spontaneous new ideas.
I also plan on building a Jedha diorama. It'd be awesome to see the TLC AT-ST even repacked in TVC packaging with Rogue One design on Jedha.
As I said I really like your Kashyyyk project and seeing a diorama display for them would be fantastic!

Keep up the great work, please! There are so many awesoem Imperial projects going on here at the moment like Whills' AT Hauler or IzzyMel's Death Star Turrets!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:05:25 PM by Darth More »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2019, 12:22:16 AM »
The Kashyyyk AT-RT driver turned out excellent.
The mix of parts and the weathering is phenomenal.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #288 on: June 28, 2019, 05:42:06 PM »
I recently bought the TVC Boushh Leia, after great reluctance. I just didn't think it was definitive. Yes, the face looks better, but I mean Boushh Leia looks cooler with the helmet on. Besides that, she's holding a thermal detonator, which is the biggest complaint everyone has with this figure. I have a laundry list of things I need to do with this figure to make it acceptable to me.

I'm starting off with the slicing and glueing of parts. I really don't like fabric soft goods, there I said it. Sometimes, it just doesn't do anything. I want it to look as cinematic and accurate as possible. Sculpted soft goods just look better. Anyway, I decided to replace the fabric cape with the Saga rubber cape. I think it looks much better, especially from behind.

Secondly I replaced the hands with the TVC/TBS Jyn Erso hands. Then I sliced off the gauntlets from the Saga hands, and glued them on. They look rough right now, but I'm going to blend the seams a bit, and paint them to match the arms. I could have just swapped the Saga hands and been done with it, but I do stuff the hard way. I just think the wrists are a little too long. Besides that with the Jyn right hand I can have her hold both the staff and Chewbacca's leash, I couldn't do that with the Saga. If I want her to hold the detonator, I'll just swap back the hand. No over sized detonator, or loose grip.

I'll be working on this over the next few days, so stay tuned.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 06:16:24 PM by JDeck »

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2019, 03:44:21 AM »
So I saw one of your pics on JTA and was curious how it would turn out! Especially the softgood and the hands turned out incredibly well! I might have to pick up another one of Leia Boushh from ebay.
Your diorama of Jabba's Palace looks so good! I really like how you're making Leia's hands accurate and functional! The thermal detonator is a nice detail, but it would've been even better to have this as additional accessory for her to hold.
Thanks for sharing! This is incredible attention to detail & accuracy! As we're almost used to from you!  ;)

- Philipo

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2019, 09:48:37 AM »
Wow, glad to see you are going all out to make this accurate. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »
So I saw one of your pics on JTA and was curious how it would turn out! Especially the softgood and the hands turned out incredibly well! I might have to pick up another one of Leia Boushh from ebay.
Your diorama of Jabba's Palace looks so good! I really like how you're making Leia's hands accurate and functional! The thermal detonator is a nice detail, but it would've been even better to have this as additional accessory for her to hold.
Thanks for sharing! This is incredible attention to detail & accuracy! As we're almost used to from you!  ;)

- Philipo
Thank you Philip! I started sculpting some finishing detail, basically blending in the glued parts. I'm just sitting at the pub with a friend, waiting for the epoxy clay to dry. I did a little paint too, so I'll have an update soon.
Wow, glad to see you are going all out to make this accurate. Off to share.

Well, someone has to. Lol. The Saga Leia had it going on, they just needed to take that concept and update it. I get that TVC uses fabric soft goods, as a throwback, but it has no shape. The TVC Leia is cool, don't get me wrong, but it just needs a little help.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:32:34 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #292 on: June 29, 2019, 10:50:07 PM »
I'm getting on to the blending in stage. I used Fine Miliput to sculpt the rest of the gauntlets and the cape. As you will notice on the reference picture, the gauntlets and sleeves are one piece. I tried getting this affect while keeping the articulation. Then, I painted the sleeves/gauntlets in Tamiya
Lenoleum Deck Brown XF-79. 

With the cape I took some artistic liberties. I had a difficult time getting the rubber cape to adhere to the bandolier. I tried cheap Dollar tree glue, no dice, then ZAP which bonds almost anything, still a big flop. So I ended up using Miliput, and globbed on as much as I could to make the cape adhere, and added a coat of cheap Dollar tree glue for insurance. That's when I took a couple hours break.  Eureka! Not the most professional job, but it works. Then I just added a subtle seam to the cape, to hide my cut marks and irregularities, to make a smoother flowing cape.  I painted the cape with Tamiya Buff XF-57,also I painted the gloves the same color.

There's so much work to be done, I just wanted you to know some of the near end results of my ideas.  Oh yeah and I painted the boots using Tamiya Desert Yellow XF-59.  More or less this figure is getting a full repaint, with exception to the face.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 02:08:41 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #293 on: June 30, 2019, 06:27:02 AM »
I am learning a lot more about this character thanks to your custom. Looks good.

Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #294 on: June 30, 2019, 08:25:57 AM »
I am learning a lot more about this character thanks to your custom. Looks good.

Off to share.
Thank you Tamer! Boushh Leia is one of my favorite characters, and figures as a kid. The Boushh's bounty scene is one of the most badass moments in Star Wars, if you think about it. A bounty hunter walks right into Jabba's Palace, with a freggin wookiee chained to her. Then threatens Jabba with a live grenade. Basically give me 50k or we're all gonna die. The only reason Jabba didn't kill her, take Chewbacca and keep the money, was out of respect for her audacity. Then it turns out it was princess Leia, mind blown.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:44:16 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #295 on: June 30, 2019, 07:05:45 PM »
Alright I'm going to stick a fork in this figure, and call it done. Today I just basically repainted the entire figure, with exception to the face and backpack. The jacket was painted using Tamiya Buff, XF-57. The soft part of the helmet was a combination of Vallejo Bright Orange, and Tamiya Desert Yellow XF-59. Then I dry brushed the pants using Buff. The hard part of the helmet and chest armor were painted a combination of Vallejo black, Tamiya linoleum Deck Brown XF-79, and Tamiya Chrome silver X-11. I painted the metal mouthpiece, and thermal detonator in the original hand Chrome Silver. I painted the bandolier grey, then added detail using black and chrome silver After that I gave it a black wash.  That's about it. Not a ton of work, but it's a figure that is acceptable to me. I wouldn't exactly say it's perfect or definitive, but it looks good, and is functional for various scenes.  Next I'll tackle Boushh prisoner Chewbacca.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:36:29 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2019, 04:02:16 AM »
Oh yeah, she turned out great. Very nice.

Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #297 on: July 03, 2019, 04:04:08 AM »
Oh yeah, she turned out great. Very nice.

Off to share.
Thanks Tamer!

I started on my Boushh prisoner Chewbacca. Im using the TBS WM exclusive ROTJ Chewbacca, basically dremmeled the neck down. Then sculpted the hair with an indentation for the collar. Then sculpted the collar. It still needs lots of work. I just wanted to throw some paint on to see how it's shaping up. At first it looked like a neck brace, more like Litigious Chewbacca in whiplash gear.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #298 on: July 03, 2019, 05:56:44 AM »
Oh yeah, looks much better than just disappearing under the place the head connects to the body.

Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #299 on: July 03, 2019, 04:43:51 PM »
Hey JDeck - Good to see you working in 3 3/4 :) Boussh looks excellent - it's good to have two usable hands. And Chewie is shaping up nicely.