Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 110601 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2019, 09:49:01 PM »
I made my rendition of a Kashyyyk trooper commander. I used Scarif trooper lower body, and upper arms, snowtrooper commander upper torso, and lower arms. Dengar gloves and AT-ST driver Han helmet. It was all painted using Tamiya German Grey. That's about it, a real simple thing.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:51:28 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2019, 10:55:17 PM »
Like how this Commander turned out. Great mix of parts, excellent color choice. I really like the gloved hands too. Really nice.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2019, 04:02:10 AM »
Now this is just plain nice. Looks spot on to me.

Off to share your update.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2019, 08:36:50 PM »
Like how this Commander turned out. Great mix of parts, excellent color choice. I really like the gloved hands too. Really nice.
Thank you. I was originally going to make him my ATRT driver, with a sort of cavalry inspiration, but it just didn't fit. It worked out though overall.
Now this is just plain nice. Looks spot on to me.

Off to share your update.
Thank you. I really hope they make a TVC mudtrooper. I haven't even seen the FL2.0 single carded Han mudtrooper figure.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #274 on: March 13, 2019, 09:10:26 AM »
JDeck, I agree with Starchaser and Tamer! This is a very smart kit-bash of high-quality sculpts! The result looks exceptional! I really like how all the parts look together and make an exciting new figure! Your choice of colors is brilliant as always! Now, this Imperial Commander can join his troops on Kashyyyk!

Is the AT-RT seen in the background a hint at your next project for the mission on Kashyyyk?

Excellent work - thanks for sharing - salutes from Germany!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:13:35 AM by Darth More »

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2019, 02:19:19 PM »
Ahhhhh! I love that so much. I would love to make something similar for my eventual Mimban diorama! Excellent job.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2019, 05:10:34 PM »
JDeck, I agree with Starchaser and Tamer! This is a very smart kit-bash of high-quality sculpts! The result looks exceptional! I really like how all the parts look together and make an exciting new figure! Your choice of colors is brilliant as always! Now, this Imperial Commander can join his troops on Kashyyyk!

Is the AT-RT seen in the background a hint at your next project for the mission on Kashyyyk?

Excellent work - thanks for sharing - salutes from Germany!

- Philipp
Thank you! Yes, I'm in the process of modifying a Revell AT-RT. I think it's in the vehicle section, or meybe the model miscellaneous section I forget. Lol. I'm in the process of building a driver for it. I might post an update.
Ahhhhh! I love that so much. I would love to make something similar for my eventual Mimban diorama! Excellent job.
Thank you! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2019, 05:14:05 PM »
I started working on a driver for the AT-RT. It's a kitbashed mimban Stormtrooper lower body and arms. Snowtrooper commander upper torso. Han Solo mudtrooper mask. AT-ST driver helmet (removed chin strap). I painted it using Tamiya dark green. It seems like it's missing something. Maybe a cape, or a secondary color.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2019, 10:22:50 PM »
I really like the look of this driver. Great combination of parts. I don't feel like a cape is a good idea on a vehicle driver (get caught in the gears??), but a backpack of sorts - like the Commander Cody pack - might be a fitting accessory. I think the color scheme, though plain, is appropriate and I'm not sure what a second choice would be (black and gray seem overdone - maybe a brown?).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:49:00 AM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2019, 02:59:34 AM »
I like it. I agree no cape. Maybe some intensive weathering is in order? Or maybe a camo paint scheme to change up the one color just a bit. It really doesn't look too shabby already though.

Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2019, 04:46:17 PM »
Thanks StarChaser and Tamer for the ideas, I think you're right about the cape, and secondary colors. Tamer, yes a good weathering is in order.

I'm pretty much finished this Kashyyyk Swamptrooper AT-RT driver. I made a webbing out of
folded aluminum foil, then glued on a holster and pouches. I weathered him using paint thinner and alternating green and white washes to give the painted armor a worn look.  I'm using the Jyn Erso gun, to me it is practical for an AT-RT driver to have a sidearm while mounted, and a rifle when dismounted.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 05:47:12 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:18 PM »
That works very well! Great job on the weathering and I really like the idea of a shoulder holster.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2019, 04:46:06 AM »
JD, I love this project! The AT-RT Driver turned out excellent! I agree with Starchaser! The holster at the shoulder is a smart solution! The paintjob looks awesome and the helmet makes it to another new and special character of the universe!
Are you going to build a diorama for your Imperial Swamp Squad?
I reallly enjoy to see this project develop!

- Philipp

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2019, 03:45:47 PM »
JD, I love this project! The AT-RT Driver turned out excellent! I agree with Starchaser! The holster at the shoulder is a smart solution! The paintjob looks awesome and the helmet makes it to another new and special character of the universe!
Are you going to build a diorama for your Imperial Swamp Squad?
I reallly enjoy to see this project develop!

- Philipp
Thank you Phillip! I would like to build a diorama display for everything. It's an evolutionary process. It started out with the idea for a Jedha Dio when I got the assault tank, then it became an unspecified desert planet, now Kashyyyk. I still need to customize the TBS AT-ST. At the moment I'm just having fun building figures. 

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2019, 03:50:04 PM »
That works very well! Great job on the weathering and I really like the idea of a shoulder holster.
Thank you StarChaser!  It was lacking something, to break up the monotony of just the green armor. Like you said the brown makes a good secondary color to complement the green.