Imperial Community > Sports

NFL 2010

<< < (12/12)

Phatty:
I still can't jump on either bandwagon.  Try as I might, I just don't have any stake in the outcome.  I guess I could do what others have done and sell my bad luck in picking winners to the highest bidder on Ebay.  We're going to my in-laws to watch it, mostly because I need to sit down with my mother-in-law and try and get the website I'm building for the animal clinic she works for done finally.  I started this before CV, and I'm just not getting the info I need to finish it and it's irritating me.  Otherwise, I very likely would have spent the day playing a little Black Ops instead.

However, for the sake of continuing the discussion, if I had to pick someone to root for, it'd be the Packers.  I know, I know, all Bears fans can start throwing their sausages and beers at me now.  I can't STAND Worthlessburger, and they've won 6 times.  He has his ring.  Plus, I don't care for the AFC.  I'm an NFC guy, and I'd rather my bears lose to the eventual Super Bowl champs than the runners up.

Tamer:
Wow Pat, I remember you were talking to me about that while we were at CV. No wonder your irritated.

Back to football, this is the time I hate most, before the game. Everyone has their own forecast and it seems that the Hollywood Elite try to suddenly become football experts. Listening to Zeta Jones say the Packers are gonna win because she like cheese was just awful. She was booed and then she said don't shoot me, I'm from Wales in broken English. You gotta love it.

Who will get to the QB first is the name of the game. Let the wait be over!

Phatty:
Ok, where to start?

The worst pregame of any sports event I've ever seen, period.  An interview with Obama about politics?  Seriously?  No one cares about that crap right now.  Tomorrow, yes.  Today, no.  Talking to NASCAR drivers about the upcoming season?  WHO GIVES A CRAP?  Listening to Jerry Jones and Michael Irvin and Jimmy Johnson talk about Cowboys crap?  They weren't in the damn Super Bowl, so who cares?  Absolute crap.

Christina Aguilera completely butchered the NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!!  Hey, blondie, here's a tip; DO A LITTLE REHERSAL/RESEARCH!!!  It's absolutely criminal when someone is chosen to sing the National Anthem at a sporting event and they screw it up. 

The Black Eyed Peas haven't been relevant in years.  Of course, after Nipple-gate (you remember, the one where NO ONE saw a nipple because it was covered with a pastie that you STILL didn't see!), all we get are outdated, over aged acts, and now we get one who relies so heavily on synthisized vocals that they sounded completely like shit.  The only part that was worth watching was Slash on the guitar, because he is a master.  Even the back up dancers that surrounded the stage were completely out of synch and their choreography was for crap.

The game itself was pretty good, a pretty close game in the end.  It was nice to see someone who hasn't won before win.  As much as it pains me to say, and I'll be sure to kick my own ass later, I had to root for the Packers.

The commercials were ok in my book.  The first half yielded some pretty funny ones, and then we got mostly older commercials from then on.  A poor effort all around.

Bottom line:  I should have stayed home and played Call of Duty all night.  At least they were awarding double points all weekend.

Tamer:
I agree on all points Pat. That national anthem screw up will probably come back to haunt her I would think. Geesh.

I loved the Volkswagon little Vader commercial. Best one in my opinion.

As for the game it was great, so touch and go there for so long and came down pretty much to the end. I am happy for GB and Aaron Rodgers who should never have to hear the name Favre uttered with his again. I am ofcourse sad my team didn't get it done after such a roller coaster season, but am also hoping perhaps we will use this to upgrade our QB position who I will admit is hard to root for after all of his off the field problems.

Reconsgt:
I as estatic right now. I was a very nervous fan when the injuries hit. Once Woodsona dn Shields went out I felt that it would be a passing exibition against us. I feel for yha Tamer but I am thrilled for our little city.

Good game, fun, exciting.

I to did enjoy teh Vader commercial the best, but felt they were lacking from years past.

The pre-game and anthem were an embarrasment to us all, all I can say is WTF was with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version