Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 389063 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1980 on: March 10, 2016, 02:56:54 AM »
I got in my Imperial Cog Patches for my AT-AT Driver Kit. I aim to get those on my flight suit asap. I also got some parts in for my Kit Travel Tote.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1981 on: March 18, 2016, 10:28:02 AM »
After 3 Targets, I found a 3.75" Han Solo figure today. If there's anyone who shouldn't get the 5POA treatment its definitely Han. I decided to get it as I'm not buying many 5 POA figures, and I got the main characters from the super articulated TBS line anyway. I found him in a separate display on my way to the toy section, so keep an eye out for other displays.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #1982 on: March 18, 2016, 07:18:34 PM »
Nice!!! I've seen Han here locally, but I can't get myself to buy him since it's only 5 POA.   :-\

I did however find a Quinlin Vos comic pack figures (the harder to find version) for $6 at a resale shop, so I picked it up. They had a few other articulated figures, but I didn't think I could use them as fodder for anything off hand.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1983 on: March 18, 2016, 10:36:42 PM »
I'm the same way with 5POA. The only other 5POA figure I have is Asty (but he's a pilot so I was getting him regardless). This Han figure isn't that bad really. I hear a rumor we're getting a Han figure in TBS 3.75" line from Starkiller Base, with the coat. That's great but for me, I'm not going to get a figure where they based his appearance for about 10 minutes of the film. The characters I get, I get the figures with the outfit that had the most screen time. For example, Bespin Han over Hoth Han, or Farmboy Luke over Stormtrooper Disguise Luke.

That may change with Han though when I see him. I was only getting pilot figures in the 6" line, then I came across a 6" Han and my face lit up like a little kid, the face sculpt is fantastic. After fixing the hair I love it even more. Now with getting Han, I just bought a Chewbacca figure to go with him. I can't win lol.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1984 on: March 21, 2016, 07:50:09 PM »
And here's Chewie. Got him from a fellow scummer. Quickly took him out and displayed him with Han.

They're home.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1985 on: March 24, 2016, 02:36:45 AM »
Got in 2 First Order Snowtroopers from BBTS yesterday all minty fresh in collector grade boxes.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1986 on: March 25, 2016, 12:50:45 PM »
Finally found the Snap Wexley/Snowtrooper Officer pack today at Target. There were only 2 on the shelf when I got there so I lucked out. Also picked up a Titanium Poe's X-wing. I have it in the 4 pack but it's nice to have it separate, and at $5 you can't go wrong.

I also found a 6" Han figure for a friend. It's the first Han I've seen in a few weeks. After he saw how fantastic the head sculpt was he wanted one, so I've been on the lookout. Even though I have him, it was cool to see him on the shelf again.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1987 on: March 26, 2016, 03:53:36 AM »
Good pick ups, I still need to find the titanium AT-AT.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1988 on: March 30, 2016, 02:55:23 PM »
I got a couple things from eBay today. I got a 1/5 Y-wing pilot helmet. Its from Spain so it might be an Agostini sculpt, but I have no idea. Its pretty nice. Good detail inside and out. The plastic case snaps in place, instead of just loosely resting on top. I also got a Topps B-wing patch card. They come inside a case of the  either 2012 or 2015 star wars cards. I figured I would just buy the cards I want instead of buying several cases hoping to find the ones I want. They're pretty cool. They'll go nicely displayed with my model ships.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:59:46 PM by JDeck »

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #1989 on: March 30, 2016, 07:50:36 PM »
I'm digging that miniature helmet!!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1990 on: March 31, 2016, 02:31:43 AM »
Nice pick ups. I got in my AT-AT Helmet Bag yesterday

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1991 on: April 01, 2016, 12:19:35 PM »
Really like that helmet. It looks a lot like Tycho's helmet from the 30th Anniversary Collection.

Today was a good day. Only 2 pickups but I got another TFA Han Solo, this one to keep boxed as I opened the previous one and repainted the hair. I never buy duplicates but the face sculpt is just fantastic, I had to buy another in this case. Also stopped in a vintage toy store, usually they overcharge a bit but I picked up a Poe Dameron (loose) in his Jakku outfit for $15. It was a good score as I wasn't interested in the Stormtrooper he was packed in with.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1992 on: April 02, 2016, 06:24:49 AM »
Good pick ups. I too liked that B-Wing helmet. I need to see if they offer something like that for the AT-AT Driver!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1993 on: April 02, 2016, 06:47:51 AM »
  I believe the Y-wing helmet is Grey leader's. I don't know why Hasbro put a Y-wing helmet with an a-wing pilot. And now the Rebels a-wing pilots have Y-wing helmets. Uhhh. Anyway yeah Tamer there is one more AT-AT driver helmet left.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:01:06 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1994 on: April 02, 2016, 06:51:16 AM »
pretty cool and thanks. Wish the shipping wasn't so much, but thats international rates for you. Gonna have to track one of those down someday.