Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Figures

Restoring Star Wars Action Figures: Neimoidian Commander - Revenge of the Sith

<< < (2/20) > >>

Foxtrot Delta:
Those parts are near identical, real nice paint job

Darth More:
@FialaFernbrugg: Thank you very much, mate! The pressure plate helps a lot to get the air bubbles out of the molds!

@Tamer: Thank you, Sir! :)

@Foxtrot Delta: Thank you very much! I am glad you like it!

So is there an alternative to resin parts...? There certainly is!

One alternative to resin parts is of course the Bay! You can find many original parts on eBay.

And recently I discovered another option: Hasbro's Generous Consumer Service

Here's the full story:

A couple months ago I bought a used TBS6 Speeder Bike with Biker Scout for just 10€/~$11.40.
Despite this great price three parts were either missing or broken:

Unfortunately the Speeder Bike's right handlebar was broken, the Bike's display stand and the Biker's pistol were missing!

Since I wanted to complete this great set somehow I contacted Hasbro's Consumer Service here in Germany. I had contacted them before in order to receive the leg replacements for TCW AT-TE or some missing sticker sheets. It has always been a great experience with Hasbro's Customer Service.
But with my request for these extra parts I was already expecting they couldn't help me out this time...

So I wrote them and asked if they actually "sold" loose parts of their Star Wars products. I emphasized that I bought this set loose and that it was NOT new when I got it.
The message took more than three weeks to be answered. I had to write a second e-mail to remind them and achieve a reply.
Since I attached some pictures to the e-mail I assume their spam filter deleted it.
So they apologized for their late answer and immediately asked me for an address where they could send the missing parts!

I was totally surprised! Before I gave them my shipping address I also asked them if they still had Greedo's pistol in stock, too, because my used TBS6 Greedo also came without it. When the package arrived just 3 days later the packing slip said that Greedo's pistol was out of stock.

Take a look what they sent me (almost for free!)! I only had to pay a handling charge of 4€:

And now it is complete, again! And I got an extra Speeder Bike (althogh still broken)!
A huge thank goes out to Hasbro and their amazing Consumer Service!

If you need original parts from Hasbro try it yourself and ask Hasbro for help!

I learned that there is only one precondition:

The product mustn't be retired. So as far as I know you can get every extra part for their current products. 

Cheers!

- Philipp

FialaFernbrugg:
Your persistence paid off.
4€ for a completely new Speeder bike is really awesome.
Thank you for the information about the Hasbro Generous Consumer Service.

Darth More:
@FialaFernbrugg: Yes, that's right. I'm very thankful for Hasbro's generous customer service.

Here are the other figures, which Hasbro's customer service helped me to complete:

I bought these figures from viperskingdom on eBay. They were all incoplete. You can still find some of them and others in his eBay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/viperkingdom/_i.html?_nkw=star+wars+6&submit=Search&_sop=2&_sid=1010532271&_sc=1

- Philipp

Darth More:
"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!"

Leg swap:

In 2014 I bought 4x TVC VC02 Leia (Hoth Outfit) for $6.99 each from good ole' tunghori on eBay.
When I sold one of them last year I recognized that something was wrong with two units of this beauty...

Your help would be very appreciated! I've never taken apart an action figure, yet. Do you think there is a way to take the hips and legs apart and interchnge both upper legs? Is it possible to fix this with boiling water or hot air?

Thank you very much for your support!

Update: See how this turned out on page 2, Reply #23 by follwing this link:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10179.15

- Philipp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version