Imperial Bulletin > Imperial HR Office

Posting Pictures

(1/4) > >>

Tamer:
I have been asked how to post pictures again and  thought we had a tutorial somewhere, but couldn't find it so I am creating a new one. I would also love it if established Yarders could share their picture loading thoughts too. Ok, here goes the how too:

There are two ways to post pictures here in a message.

The first way is to use a free picture uploading service like www.imgur.com where they will have an upload tool and once you upload your pic they will give you a series of internet codes you can use in various ways. This forum uses BBC Code so you will need the code that starts with this series [ img] and then the web address [/ img] and just copy and paste that code into your types forum message and his post. Imgur will automatically generate this and allow you to select it. From there where you type your reply or when you start a new post you just insert the picture where you want it.

The other way to load pics directly from your computer is to hit additional options (located on the lower left of a message reply or new topic creation) and it will give you the opportunity to browse for your picture. You can upload four pics at a time using this method only though.

Personally I like using the free photo hosting service, but remember the free photo hosting service could one day not be free (like photobucket many of us used for years) so if you use the attachment option it will always be saved. Still, using that option will require someone to click your picture to enlarge it while the photo hosting service will give you the largest pic possible for the forum settings (I set it quite large). There are pros and cons for each method and it is really your preference.

I hope this helps and once again Yarders if you see any gaps be sure to post them here and I hope it helps you post your pics.

CaptainLux:
Those re exactly the 2 ways tamer, excellent tutorial, also for all the yarders you have to remind if you post them directly from here not past the maximum size, cause normally if you take them with a digital camera or cellphones with a big pixel size its gonna  be to big, sometimes happen, im chosing photobucket now for that exact reason.

nice job tamer!

Wookie-Balls:
I too use photobucket - in fact with their app I can take a photo, upload it and post it on the forum all on my iPhone! :D

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Wookie-Balls on November 27, 2011, 04:24:45 PM ---I too use photobucket - in fact with their app I can take a photo, upload it and post it on the forum all on my iPhone! :D

--- End quote ---

I have heard that is one sweet app.

Clonehead:
I may have to look into that app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version