Author Topic: Fan's Choice Results  (Read 2893 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Fan's Choice Results
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:45:14 AM »
I'm surprised there is not thread on this yet.  Did I miss it?  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong section...?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Fan's Choice Results
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »
Actually, you have not missed it!  I'm not sure why we don't have that thread going either!  Feel free to populate it if you'd like!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »
So what does everyone think?   :D?   >:(?   :o?   :-\?   :'(?

I am fairly pleased with the top slot but a bit stunned by the librarian as the second vote getter.  Everyone's got their favorites obviously but I never would have guessed there would be enough following for the old woman to pull out second place.   :o

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 11:16:22 AM »
Here is the list in order of voter percentage couresty of wizard world:

1) Bastila Shan 10.6%
2) Jocasta Nu 10%
3) Darth Caedus  8%
4) Darth Plageuis  7.9%
5) Jaxxon  4%
6) Admiral Pellaeon  3.7%
7) Dash Rendar  3.7%
8 ) Guri  3.6%
9) Dorme  3.5%
10) Bariss Offee 3.5%
11) Weequay Skiff Master  3.5%
12) Tzizvvt  2.9%
13) Kittster and Wald 2.8%
14) Toryn Farr  2.6%
15) Cane Adiss  2.4%
16) Rebel Fleet Trooper  2.4%
17) Bom Rimdin  2.4%
18) Cliegg Lars  2.3%
19) Joruus C’Baoth  2.3%
20) Grand Moff Torkin  2.1%
21) Ben-Quadinaros  2.1%
22) Darth Sidious  1.9%
23) Queen Apailana  1.8%
24) Tey How  1.8%
25) Sim Aloo  1.7%
26) Sgt. Doallyn  1.5%
27) Taym Dren-Garen  1.3%
28) Dr. Evazan  1%
29) Corde  0.8%
30) Queen Jamilla  0.7%

I am telling you a lot of these surprise me. Cimter will be happy Jaxxon scored in the top 5.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:58:50 AM »
A LOT of these surprised me.  Rebel Fleet Trooper?  Really?  Because the others weren't enough?  Queen this and Queen that?  No one buys the Queen Amidalas that are STILL on the freakin' pegs!  Oh well, I'll get my Bastilla, and I'm actually excited for Jocasta.  Darth Caedus and Darth Plageuius are exciting too.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »
Hasbro has got to be breathing a big sigh of relief about Jocasta.  At 10%, consider only 1 in 10 of us fanatics voted for her as our top choice.   (I'm a fanatic so I can call us that.  ;) )   I've seen some debate on other forums and it seems fairly consistent that many of those who didn't vote for her would not be purchasing her.  (That's putting it nicely.)  Add that to the fact that the toy industry as a whole has made it no secret that female action figures in general are a much harder sell.  And like Phatty alluded to, Amidala figures, a character pivotal to the entire prequel series does a pretty good job of pegwarming--not hard to guess at the universal draw of an old woman in a few short scenes might be.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 02:50:51 PM »
But the thing is, people clammor for a figure, and then it hangs on the pegs.  Most recent in that category is Wilrow Hood.  There was at least 2 grass  roots campaigns to get him made into a figure, there were questions after questions in the Q&A asking for him, and now when I go to Wal-Mart, he's the one hanging on the pegs, right next to Yarna Galsixbreasts, another figure "fans" wanted so badly.  What Hasbro DOESN'T understand, is that they could actually make the Fan's Choice figures in LESS quantity and sell it exclusively through their website, and they'd save a whole lot of money in production and shelf space.  The Fans are us, the people who do more than just buy the occasional Vader to open and play with.  Kids don't care about Wilrow Hood or Yarna at all, they wouldn't recognize them if they tried.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 03:39:16 PM »
No troopers on the list, eh? I can't see myself picking up more than 4-5 of these were they to be made. Hard telling what the fans will really enjoy. The current peg warmer at my store is the Scanning Crewman which usually hangs in twos or threes. Go figure, I thought it was one of the coolest figures of that wave.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 03:49:50 PM »
I am still seeing Yarnas and Saessee Tinns. I agree that any clone or imperial trooper doesn't stay on the pegs forever. I think Sith figures would sell like hotcakes too. Our fans choice poll really surprised me as the figures that won our poll didn't seem to be the front runners for the regular posters. I am guessing that we perhaps had a slight influx of folks from other places who just wanted to see thier figure choices win and you gotta hand it to em, they lobbied and lobbied and now they are getting what they want.

It makes me wonder if we could ever get Hasbro to do a fans choice vehicle poll. Have we ever asked that?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 04:45:53 PM »
That would be a good question but I can just imagine what they would say.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »
Wow you have Scanning Crew peg warming? I would love to get a few of those. Are they still $5 there? They went back up here.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 07:24:34 PM »
Nope, they are back up to $7.46. I would like to find some in a blockbuster value two-pack. That would be sweet.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 01:53:13 PM »
I have quite a few scanning crew guys on the pegs in my area too.  At first I was inclined to be surprised considering when this wave first appeared on HasbroToyShop, he seemed to be consistently sold out while the others were usually in stock.

Switching gears back to the results, I think I've been able to rationalize things out a bit.  Sure there was probably a lot of people pulling the multiple vote stunt, but I'm not so sure it would have swayed the results that much.  (If Jocasta Nu won by a landslide of 90%, then I'd be smelling some serious fish.)  As an OT guy I tend to get all worked up when OT characters don't even crack the top 10.  But considering the only (arguable) "tier A" character is Tarkin, a figure that has already seen a couple sculpts, at least 3 of the top 5 are undoubtedly "A list" characters in their arenas.  Add in the sheer number of OT characters in the top 30, I guess it isn't shocking you get a split vote by the OT purists.

Then too, I wouldn't doubt that some people might not vote for figures they assume would probably already be in development--instead saving their vote for a character that was most likely to NOT be made yet would buy. 

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 07:05:43 PM »
Cool Darth Caedus  :)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »
It is great that Darth Plageuis made it in the top 5, it is a very interesting character