Author Topic: Ahsoka  (Read 7419 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Ahsoka
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2023, 05:39:30 AM »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2023, 12:54:45 AM »
So much to unpack again this time...

Night troopers? I suspect many if not all are undead and powered by the out-of-galaxy variant of their magic. The gold trim/cracks and nightsister cloth seems to suggest this.

The heavy damage to the Chimera (Thrawn's SD) has been patched by gold metal, which again, I suspect is related to night sister magic.

How has Ezra eluded Thrawn for so long? The master strategist is someone with incredible attention to detail. I only suspect the crab people he was staying with possess no art or anything else.

We have a ticking time clock. 3 rotations. And then the Star Desteoyer will be ready to depart.

Baylen and Shin have weak motivations and again are merely pawns in this scheme. And they seem to know it. What is the energy calling out to them on this ancient planet? What are in those coffin like cargo containers being loaded onto the Chimera? I'm sure they mentioned loading them from a crypt. More night troopers? Something else?

I have a huge theory for who/what is calling out to Baylin but it involves a legends dark side entity/character.

So many questions, very few answers.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 12:04:40 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2023, 12:37:07 PM »
RC-1136: Well, thumbs up from me for the Star Destroyer. Sounds realistic that it takes 3 rotations to make it ready for take-off. Cool to hear that we finally see Thrawn close to the Seasons ending.

I agree with you abut Baylen and the emo girl, I see no purpose in them other than standing around for 2 episodes and play cool...ah and watch the ocean.

Curious about the Night Troopers. Lucasfilm cannot license enough variations to sell to us, right?

I wonder if Thrawn will be the one to build/gather that massive fleet for reborn Palps that is shown in the dumpster fire that is called The Rise of Skywalker by Di$ney...

For some reason this show inspired me to daydream about a life-action TV show of The Clone Wars...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2023, 03:11:35 AM »
Yeah, the bad guys are really bad guys right? It will be interesting to see where this goes and how it works itself out.

Liked the fight scenes in this episode as they seemed more realistic than the over choreographed lightsaber duels so far.

I am guessing Ezra knows more about this planet too? Gonna be interesting to see his reaction when Sabine spills the beans and seeing Ahsoka show up. Good episode.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2023, 12:13:14 PM »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2023, 05:07:24 PM »
Episode 5??? ABSOLUTELY, UNBELIEVABLY, FANTASTIC!!!!
I felt like I was watching a George Lucas episode of Star Wars.
The flashbacks and clone wars rememberances are perfection to the story line.
Anakin's training lessons and his new found ability to teach Ashoka the truth about fighting a war was incredible.
Also, the way Anakin would morph back and forth from Anakin to Darth Vader was the perfect touch for Ashoka's
training. This transfiguration forced Ashoka to confront her fear of death and accept the reality of the brutalities
of war.
The fight scenes, including the clone wars battles and siege of Mandalore are straight out of a George Lucas script.
Filoni redeemed himself with this episode.

Now for my negatives and I only have three.
The child actress playing Ahsoka doesn't look anything like young Ashoka. A good actor but a lame choice from an appearance standpoint.
Anakin's de-aging was poor at times.
Lastly. Thrawn. Lars Mickelson is the absolute worst choice for this character.
His mannerisms, voice tone, speech diction and all around impersonation is the complete opposite of what we have read in the books and saw in Star Wars Rebels.
Shall I continue? His hair is all wrong. The top of his head looks like a cruise ship listing terribly to the port side and is about to tip over.
The blue paint job looks exactly like that. A bad blue paint job. The paint is caked on and looks nothing like a natural skin hue.
Dudsney's budget must have required the make up department to use a can of Krylon purchased from Earl Scheib.
I'm not going to get into why does Thrawn have a beer belly.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2023, 07:40:11 PM »
To be fair, Thrawn is pushing about 70 at this point in his career. He's less involved and more strategy.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2023, 01:12:50 AM »
I want to apologize for my rant from Wednesday. It was a tough day. Won't have the chance t watch the rest of the show before Christmas. I really like the characters of Baylen and his padawan. It hurts that his actor passed away shortly after the show's production.
He reminds me of a good friend of mine. I think I just have to get used to the new pacing of the show and wish they wouldn't limit each season to just 8 episodes. With episodes being shorter and shorter, 30 minutes are not much time to tell a story. Maybe the story didn't progress as quickly as I wanted it to. Now Thrawn is finally there and if they plan to make a movie of him for theaters I'll be all in!

I really like the direction the show takes. Filoni really did an outstanding job on this one.

I'm sure many fans are hyped for the Zombie Stormtroopers we got now. All those mobile games with zombies or even Nazi zombies are popular for reasons I guess.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 01:15:16 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2023, 03:01:25 AM »
LOL Ron! I absolutely agree with your take on Thrawn. I was like ewwww!

Still, gotta go with RC's take on him being welll aged by now. I just pictured him as more robust without a comb over I guess. I wanted him to have that little creature around his next too (you know the ones that negate force effects). Ysamril or something along those lines. Its been a long time since I read those books.

I think we all like that AOTC episode too.

So yepper I like this one. I would judge it below Mandalorian but above Book of Boba Fett or maybe tied for BOBF.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2023, 08:47:12 AM »

So I really think the dark side presence that Baylin keeps detecting reaching out to him and why the nightsisters want to leave the planet is none other than Abeloth. Basically a dark-side aligned force goddess. Known for consuming force users and manipulation of both dark and light side users in the EU...

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Abeloth

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2023, 02:09:14 PM »
You may be right RC but if this "power" that is calling out to Baylon and we follow the history of Star Wars story lines
then could it possibly be Palpatine that he senses?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2023, 02:37:37 PM »
You may be right RC but if this "power" that is calling out to Baylon and we follow the history of Star Wars story lines
then could it possibly be Palpatine that he senses?

I do not think so only because it's a different galaxy. But I could be wrong? Whatever the source of power is it is has the nightsisters eager to leave their home planet of many generations. They are not the types to abandon their territory without some kind of extreme threat.

Palpatine's manifestation post-ROTJ appears to be exclusive to Exegol.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Exegol

Whereas Peridea is an Extragalactic location far, far from Exegol, which is located back in the original galaxy...
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Peridea

There is a theme of death/dark side elements very prevalent on Peridea...

-The rings of the planet are made from Purrgil bones.

- There are giant monolithic statutes honoring some kind of figure. They appear to be the same or similar. I do not know if they are built to honor nightsisters or something...else.

-There appears to be other ancient structures dotting the landscape; temples similar to where Thrawn parked his ISD. Or the stone structures near where Sabine was ambushed by raiders.

I do not know if these structures are associated with the nightsisters or not. From an architectural standpoint...they seem very ancient.

-It a mysterious planet with a vast desolate and barren wasteland.

This came out after my post...

Ancient dark side Zeffo make a lot of sense!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 06:41:45 PM by RC-1136 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2023, 06:00:59 AM »
Lets just hope they make a better bad guy than Snoke!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 06:04:31 AM by Tamer »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2023, 06:50:53 PM »
I actually enjoyed Thrawn more this episode than last. His tactics are still sharp. But damn, I wonder? What are in those pods. The delay tactics to make up for loading those pods has me very curious. I can only speculate...

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2023, 05:29:17 PM »
I am a bit late to the game as I was waiting for "Ahsoka" to finish so I could binge it in 1 go.

It was a fun series.

The second half felt like a "Star Wars" version of a high fantasy like "Lord Of The Rings". It was interesting to see actual "magic" alongside use of the Force.

I am intrigued with where the story goes next. It would be VERY interesting if some form of time dilation caused Thrawn to arrive in the prime universe either AFTER "The Rise Of Skywalker" so his continuing story isn't just a pale imitation of his "Expanded Universe" (now "Legends", ugh 🙄 exploits) or his arrival creates a parallel timeline in which Episodes 7/8/9 never happened (or happened differently), but I doubt Disney has that kind of grand imagination.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/